Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl

Discussion in 'Episode 803 - Monsters' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Was he right to kill Morales? I say yessir.

Was he right to kill Todd after Rick gave his word?

• Like Like x 1
  2. calliope

calliope Active Member

I admit I was a little horrified when it happened, but I think that Todd was going to scoot right back to Negan and set a trap for them. So, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yes to both. Daryl is actually doing what Rick claimed he is doing. Not taking chances. They're at war. Morales was Negan and Daryl knew that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Definitely yes he should have killed Morales - he had a gun to Rick’s face, it’s as simple as that. Had it been under different circumstances I think they could have talked some sense into him.

As for the savior...he could have let Rick & Daryl drive off but he shot at them and would have killed them if he had better aim...so for that I say Daryl was ok to shoot him. Rick still kept his word...it was daryl who killed him :p

#4 Jen7, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, Daryl was right to kill both Morales and Todd.

Morales called in reinforcements and Todd took a shot at him and Rick. Besides, none of the Saviors are to be trusted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rapscallion

Anyone who disagrees with Daryl killing Saviors ought to spend a week in their closet naked, eating dog food sandwiches, while listening to a loop of "Easy Street". :eek:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yes he's right. Nothing stopping him even when Rick tries to explain it was Morales, Daryl says, "I know who it was, it don't matter, not one little bit" Lol. Love it. No hesitation, no regrets.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Rapscallion

So is Daryl back? Yeah, I'm thinking he's back. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. calliope

calliope Active Member

I also think they're setting he and Rick up for a big conflict at the end of the season.

12. Rapscallion

I've ALWAYS wanted to see some animosity between Daryl and Rick. I enjoy their brotherhood much as the next TWD fan, but brothers don't always agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I don't see why not in either case. Morales clearly chose a side. Just because Rick sorta knew him for a couple days means nothing.

Technically, Rick didn't break his word with that Savior.

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Daryl had complete justification for both kills. Morales could have easily killed Rick but he chose to monologue and call in reinforcements. Daryl obviously didn't know any of that. He saw the threat and took it out.

As for Todd.... he couldn't take any chances leaving him alive. Especially after being fired upon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

All I could think of when I saw Daryl in action was, now THAT"S the way it's done!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yes and Hell YES!

17. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Yes he was justified. Both were a threat. I did think that MAYBE Morales was coming around a little. But he did say he was Negan. Look what happened with the guy that Jesus and Tara found. He would have killed them in an instant.

18. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Im with the few who feel Daryl is justified. Im just happy he's back from the brooding, mumbling wimp they made him for 3 seasons. Daryl has right idea. Screw redemption. Nevermind the torture they put HIM through, but they killed Abe and Glenn and he will never forget that. And anyone who follows Negan to the point where they lose their identity willingly to "become" him in my books may as well just drink the cool aid and kiss their ass goodbye. There would be no rehabilitating or changing them back. Daryl had/has right idea.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I think about the small boys who were given guns and forced to be soldiers in Africa. Help is being brought to them, and most of them can be rescued from the horrors that were forced upon them.

That--and the way people who have joined cults can be pretty swiftly deprogrammed--informs my opinion on whether most Saviours can be rehabilitated.

Most of them felt they had no choice. Dwight, for example, was the apex of loyal to Negan, but he just wants to be himself again.

I think even most of the Manson family became horrified at what they had done. A cult leader can bring people to horrific extremes. But they can come back.

Leah Remini's show is a current reminder of what can be done and what can be undone in mind control.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think under different circumstances he would have quickly turned Morales around, but unfortunately when there's a gun to Rick's face and Saviors on the way there's just no time for that...I can't say for sure how it could have played out, but had Daryl not shown up when he did, the Saviors would have shown up shortly after and Rick would have been done for.

• Like Like x 2