Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryls "job" before WD

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by RicksDick, Mar 3, 2014.

1. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

Does anyone else think that he is making that story up about being big bro's bitch? if not does anyone feel let down by that ?

Thank you for your honesty and opinions

2. offrope

offrope Active Member

I kind of had him pictured as a construction laborer, factory worker, or some type of unskilled work, but at least semi-productive.

3. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Nope... that's exactly who I thought he was.

#3 TyberiusFox, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

No, it actually seems pretty obvious.

Think back to season 1 Daryl. There's no way that guy had any kind of productive job.

5. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

No and no. In fact, I think it was obvious from before this episode that this was probably the case. Perfectly in line with his character.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

We pretty much knew that was true. Fits him perfectly and is exactly in line with what we knew. What possible reason would he have to lie?

7. joedini

joedini New Member

It makes sense, this was all to show he was essentially 'nothing' before the apocalypse and it wasn't until the world went downhill that he became someone

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

It does make sense. It also makes sense that he was too ashamed to tell the rest of the group. More props to Beth for coaxing it out of him.

9. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Makes total sense. Daryl was/is a follower. He followed Merle, then Rick. It wasn't until this season that we saw him take on more leadership. Rick was "back" after being a farmer for half a day- all he had to say was, "Daryl, get the truck," and there was a Daryl compliant, no questions asked.

10. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Not a surprise to me at all, makes plain sense considering all the other previous hints and dialouge in past episodes.

It certainly didn't let me down in anyway...

11. ClassicGamer

ClassicGamer Member

I rather like the Anti-Climax of Daryl's past. I mean with a guy like Merle constantly in your life, holding a job would be really damn hard. I wasn't let down. This episode did a good job of subverting the whole Daryl's super cool and best character ever thing. I mean what if we found out he was like a ****ing SWAT officer or something? Would have been ridiculous.

12. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

I'd have found it utterly unbelievable if he'd had any sort of productive job before everything went down, it just wouldn't have fitted his character.

13. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

Maybe not a productive job but maybe like a bartender or a bank robber.

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm glad that he was a nobody do nothing loser before the ZA. In fact, I think I'd be somewhat disappointed if he said that he was a package courier or a fishing guide or anything respectable for that matter. lol

15. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

Haha, love the thought of "bank robber" being a form of employment!

16. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

Not really,I guess most ''rednecks'' don't really have that individual lifestyle,due to poverty

17. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

I thought the redneck, bumb around life style for the character was a given for us viewers. As far as the contest to guess whether Daryl was a construction worker or the president, just more melodrama for TWD gods to throw at us.

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Daryl's pre ZA life was exactly what I expected ...His life is more meaningful now with purpose he didn't have prior to the ZA... Daryl is being groomed for the long haul..

#18 mtito914, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  19. Ginger

Ginger New Member

I always thought it was a given that Daryl was a drifter before the ZA, so this whole story about his previous job seemed sorta pointless to me, like making a big deal out of something we've all been all assuming already :zombies_confused:

20. ShamblingCorpse

Yeah, I can't see Daryl having a 9 - 5 job pre ZA. It wouldn't fit what he was like season 1 at all. Petty criminal? sure, I could buy that. Drifter doing odd jobs here and there? Yep can see that too. Working at a slaughterhouse for minimum wage? Doubt he'd bother for more than a week or two.