Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's Joyride

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Kilroy was here, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Since I couldn't understand what he said in the radio, where exactly was he going when he peeled off and drove on empty roads for the whole episode just to end up back with Sasha and Abraham?

2. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I was also confused, at first I thought he was going back to Alexandria, but guess not, lol.

3. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

He wanted to go back to help Alexandria and Sasha and Abe said that that would leave them vulnerable (not sure I agree with that argument, but whatever.) Rick didn't know he was leaving and inadvertently guilt tripped him into returning to Abe and Sasha to finish leading the herd away, saying that returning to Alexandria would be for them (as in, Rick, Daryl, Sasha, and Abe) whereas finishing their mission would be for them​ (everyone in Alexandria.)

4. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I'm lost. I thought I knew what was going on before, but now I need to see all this on the map.

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I was very lost on that, also. Perhaps I missed something, as admittedly I tend to just kind of zone out/fall asleep/completely stop paying attention whenever Daryl is on-screen, but from what I saw it appears that every second of screen time he had in this episode was utterly pointless.

6. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I was waiting for them to play Born To Be Wild during his endless ride to nowhere.

7. sheryden

sheryden Member

He was headed that way, but after Rick's "this is for them" pep talk, he thought better of it and went back to Abe and Sasha.

8. Team Maggie

Team Maggie Member

I thought he was considering leaving for good. He looked upset that whole drive. He didn't stop to go back until Rick did not respond to him on the radio.

9. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Daryl said something about going ahead to double back maybe to help get walkers or go help Alexandria I'm not sure which, but he did go ahead get half way back and turned around to meet up with Abe and Sasha

10. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

That was just Daryl being useless again.

11. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I think he was leaving to go help in Alexandria. They were only 5 miles out though. Once he no longer had to drive 5MPH leading the herd, he should have been back there in 5-10 minutes. The whole thing was so confusing and not well done. I did like the overhead shot of the motorcycle joining the car with the horde traipsing behind though.

12. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I miss Daryl. I miss him doing something. He has much more purpose than being the Pied Piper. I miss his interactions with Carol. I miss the sarcasm.

13. GonzagaGirl

GonzagaGirl New Member

yes we need more Daryl. What is up with that? and what is up with all the anti-Daryl comments?! how can anyone not love this character? SMH I thought Daryl was great in this episode. You could see the struggle he was going through because he wanted to be back in Alexandria helping Carol and Carl and Little Ass Kicker but Rick/Sasha were telling him to just keep slowly leading away the herd (which I think is dumb. a car or 2 cars would be smarter than a car and a motorcycle) and why doesn't sasha just honk her horn... Daryl wanted to be in 3 or 4 places at once. He wanted to help everyone and wanted to be where he was most needed or could be of the most help and it was very hard on him to just stay the course... IF we had a map and timeline none of the episodes would make sense :) Morgan got back really fast....

14. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Yeah, bit by bit, it's like they've been softening Daryl. {particularly now that we're at ASZ.
    Maybe they'll change him up again, but right now he doesn't seems like the reliable Daryl of old...

15. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

Can anyone explain why Daryl has to be with Abe and Sasha? What are they contributing by having all three of them doing this that can't be done with 1 guy?

16. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

He was supposed to go alone but Sasha didn't want him to. Sasha and Abe are riding shotgun with him in case something happened.

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Not sure why anyone is confused. Once he heard gun shots coming from Alexandria, he wanted to go fight off the intruders and protect everyone and told Sasha that 10 (or 15) miles was enough and they didn't need to go the full 20. Abraham and Sasha tried to convince him to stay with the mission because they need him to take the herd the full 20 miles as Rick has instructed.

Daryl then said screw it and tried to back to Alexandria, but changed his mind because Rick accidentally convinced him why it's important to stay focused on the mission. When Rick stopped responding I imagine Daryl figured he had to decide FAST and he quickly decided to back to the mission of leading the walkers away.

daryl is there to protect Abe and sasha in case stray walkers try to attack them or on the road, or any walkers veer off he can go corrale them. Abe and Sasha are there because the herd needs a large target as possible to avoid distractions. One would be enough but that wouldn't be a failsafe plan, one thing going wrong would ruin things.

#17 Spidey, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  18. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Heh, I can't speak for everyone but I think me t's ben case watching Daryl go from being a firm favourite to becoming a character who I guess seems a little less focused, seems to have his head a little less in the game.
    That being said, obviously they're humanising his character a bit more. He's come a long way from the guy we met in the first season who probably wasn't so likable.
    I think for me, he probably peaked around the time of the hospital stuff.

19. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I thought that Daryl was on his way back to Alexandria. Then he heard gunshots on the walkie and could not then raise Rick anymore. I thought he was racing to help Rick! Surprised the snot outa me when he ended up back in front of the herd.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Why is Daryl on a motorcycle? The walkers obviously follow a moving car. What happens if Sasha and Abe's car breaks down? They can't all go home on the bike! If they had a second car they could all fit in it in case of an emergency.

BTW, Daryl's presence in this episode was a huge waste of airtime, IMO. "I won't listen to Rick and am going back to Alexandria. Wait now Rick's getting shot at and I'm already half way to him? Nah, I won't go help him, but will go back where I started." Bah.