Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's Joyride

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Kilroy was here, Oct 26, 2015.

1. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Or highway to hell?

2. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

If nothing else, do they just have some massive stockpile of fuel laid aside. Like when Daryl and Aaron are out scouting and they take a car and a bike.
    Really?

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that's the idea, but it seems to me they only need 2 people. Daryl wouldn't be able to go into the woods to corral walkers back because he'd have to leave his motorcycle behind. I think that is more Abe's job. The only thing I can see that Daryl is there for is insurance if the car breaks down. If the car breaks down Daryl can continue to stimulate the walkers to push forward. The walkers closest to the car would surround it, but I think many would keep walking if Daryl made noise on his bike.

4. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Daryl didn't just go back to the mission because Rick gave him a pep talk. The reason he doubled back towards Alexandria was because he wanted to help fight the herd assuming it made it there. His words are "they're gonna need our help." Rick radios Daryl and says that he is in the RV and is ahead of the herd and will be able to lead them back into formation. The main reason Daryl goes back is because he believes Rick has successfully averted the herd crisis, putting the mission back on track.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

When Daryl was told about the trouble in Alexandria (he was too far away to hear the horn or the gunshots) his concern for Carol won out over the plan and he was going back to Alexandria. Rick got on the walkie-talkie and told his team they had to keep the herd moving away from town and trust the others could take care of themselves. Then Rick disappeared. I think Daryl went back to the plan because: A) he trusts Carol can take care of herself, and B) steering the herd away from Alexandria was the priority.

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Ohhhh that makes a lot more sense!

7. Stark

Stark Member

I didn't get it either. They didn't make it that clear, and Daryl just leaving Abe and Sasha seemed a little dumb.

8. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

He should have been riding around topless, dressed in leather, and singing Eddie Cochran covers while snarling and giving stray walkers the finger.

In fact, this is how I'm going to imagine Daryl's scenes in "Thank You" from now on, because it'll be one of the few bright spots in the episode for me.

https://youtu.be/idhZFp-yR_c

9. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

Thank you!!!! What did we accomplish Daryl?
    Literally nothing. k thx

Why is Daryl on a motorcycle?
    Because look at these shots tho...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are the shots you launch a new season with.
    [​IMG]

To give the show credit, motorcycles are loud, so that helps guide the herd and they're more maneuverable if need be.

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A long time ago we had a station wagon with a 460 cubic inch engine and the muffler came off. That sounded like a war all by itself and was earsplittlingly, boneshakingly loud. They could have had two cars, one without a muffler to lead the zombies, and another with a muffler to drive away in afterwards.

11. RS92

RS92 Member

Going back to Alexandria?

12. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

That's actually a really smart idea. Didn't know about such a trick (or flaw if this was pre-ZA). Thanks for that

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It was actually kind of silly, looking back. I was with a girlfriend and got pulled over by the highway patrol because the muffler was hanging really low and he said he was going to give me a ticket, but then he got "called away" and didn't. We wrapped something around the tailpipe and wiggled it back and forth thinking somehow that pulling it off would keep me from getting in trouble with the law, but when I turned the car on, OMG, I have NEVER heard something so loud in my life! A kind-hearted muffler shop guy welded it back on very cheaply, but oh man, let me tell you, a car without a muffler is LOUD!

14. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

That's hilarious man. I can only imagine the looks on your faces til you got it fixed hahaha. Glad it was for the low too.

15. Berry

Berry Member

Lol @ the muffler story :)

I think showing Daryl as being mobile and able to communicate with Rick was the entire point this episode. Daryl will have a much bigger part to play next time :D (Someone is going to have to save Rick!).

16. Zombie_Penguin

He was rushing back to alexandria, maybe because now he wants to save a home he finally decided he wanted to fit in or stay at, or maybe for carol or someone else, who knows, but whatever that urge was, it was strong enough for him to pull away from the herd and head to "home". He later changes his mind and gets a grip on himself, even though I honestly don't even think Abe or Sasha need him there, honestly, but he heads back and meets them at a convenient fork in the road to continue leading the herd away.

Sure his decision to stay will be the one that puts him in peril later, seeing as all decisions anyone seems to make this season end up leading them into a pile of crap, no matter what they seem to do!

17. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

18. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

That map is very useful - thank you!

19. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I was thinking more along the lines of "Joyride" by Roxette...

https://youtu.be/xCorJG9mubk

20. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Well, I was going for the Easy Rider vibe for Daryl's never ending motorcycle ride.