Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's Joyride

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Kilroy was here, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I get it but "Joyride" is such a snappy lil' tune. I bet a 12/13 year old Daryl enjoyed Roxette until big brother Merle smashed his boom box and called he better stop to listenin' to that stuff or it'll make him light in the loafers. Daryl then probably started listening to David Allen Coe posthaste.

2. mummyman

mummyman Member

Daryl is not useless

3. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Yes. Daryl is not useless. Father Gabriel on the other hand...

4. GonzagaGirl

GonzagaGirl New Member

that map is helpful :) I agree Daryl got word from Rick that he was ahead of the herd and would be able to lead them back on track with the rv so he returned to his job. The fact that sasha isn't just laying on the horn bothered me but all this muffler talk got me thinking. It makes sense that they aren't making TOO much noise because then walkers from all directions would be heading their way. They have their hands full with the 1000 behind them, in a nice organized line. If walkers started approaching from all directions, the car would be surrounded and probably stopped, overtaken.

5. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

This season has been all about moral delimmas and the bad things that can happen from making the wrong choice. I think that this was about Daryl's. He's always the badass come to save the day. He's a group defender. But now he's defending the group by drawing off thousands of walkers. But I'm sure he doesn't feel like he's doing that.
    Morgan let's several wolves get away several times and people die. Glenn believes in someone and they are causing his death. Father Gabriel planted bad opinions of Rick and that put gun training, etc behind. So here's Daryl who would rather go help ASZ, but he turns around and actually does the greater good without fully knowing it.

I have to say that I don't see why they don't have 2 cars. It's true though that the motorcycle could come in handy if it could go thru terrain that the car can't..(like debris on the road) The walkers and the motorcycle could get thru. However how he's suppose to get 3 people back on 1 cycle is hard to see. But I do think that it was foolish to imagine that Daryl could do this all by himself. The perfect minimal group in the ZA is 3. (That way everyone can get sleep and cover each other.) And the herd is too large and the mission to critical to trust it to 1 person on the road.

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Ok if Rick grabbed the RV from point orange and was heading towards Alexandria with it, or to go back and get Glenn and Michonne and gang, why did he go back up towards the quarry? If the RV as at the orange square wouldn't he have just headed NE up to A?

I need to rewatch this, I was to focused on when Glenn's supposed demise was to happen to really absorb what was happening with anyone else

7. calliope

calliope Active Member

I think he's trying to intercept the herd as it moves across the forest from point 1 to Alexandria. It does start to make more sense when it is drawn out.

8. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Ah yes I see that, makes sense. Thanks!

9. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

He's been useless for the last half season...

#49 el_hombre, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  10. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

I was half expecting/hoping the herd would cut Daryl off and they would have him ride out across an open field to jump a fence just like Steve McQueen in the Great Escape.

11. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I didn't really understand the purpose of this scene.

12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Someone on Talking Dead pointed out that Daryl is a gunslinger, not a cowherd.

He broke off from Sasha and Abe to go help Rick and the Alexandrians. Later, he was unable to raise Rick on the walky talky, so he wasn't sure he was going to be able to help. Rick might have died. The last thing Rick had said was that for the safety of the Alexandrians, Daryl, Sasha, and Abe had to lead the walkers away. To return to Alexandria would be for their own peace of mind.

Considering both of those things, Daryl turned around and went back to help lead the walkers away.

13. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I know very well what happened. I just really don't see the purpose. When I was watching it, it didn't do anything with me either. If they are going to bring a point across I think they could've done it a lot better.

Not that it matters, the rest of the episode was good.

14. Lindigo

Oh, sorry. I read an interview with someone, maybe Gimple?, who said Daryl has always been Rick's trusted lieutenant, but now he is starting to make decisions that go beyond just taking orders. This scene is showing his conflict with what he wants to do and what Rick has said.

Not sure if that is that what you mean by not being seeing the purpose of the scene, but maybe that adds to it for you?

Apologies in advance if you are saying you just feel meh about it. :)

15. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Yes. That plus it may show that he is losing some amount of confidence in Rick as a leader. When he leaves Sasha and Abe he tells them "I have faith in ya." So he trusts them to complete their part of the mission. He's leaving to either help Rick or to protect Alexandria in case Rick fails. Either way he apparently doesn't have the same degree of faith in Rick... at least not in that exact moment.

16. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm all for Daryl and Rick having conflict and disagreements, but they put their differences aside and take care of business.

I'm still pissed there wasn't a fight when Rick told Daryl he exiled Carol, however. :zombies_mad:

17. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

Word.

18. Berry

Berry Member

Too bad these guys didn't bring a bunch of bright, shiny, moving things with them. Plant these items along the road every little bit, and the sight of those items would continue leading the herd.

Good examples would be road flares, pinwheels, etc. As the herd reached one, the next would continue drawing them. They are led away by their own curiosity, rather than by 3 of our best fighters that are needed elsewhere.

19. Lindigo

Like the old Burma Shave signs! :)

I like that! They could still set up kinetic musical loops away from Alexandria to keep walkers away, since they are anti-pits.

For those who are too young to have had the fun of reading them, they were billboards lined up at regular intervals along the slow two-lane highways we used to travel, and they each had one line of a poem that always ended with: BURMA SHAVE!

Can't shave daily?

Tender hide?

Now be honest

Have you

Tried...

BURMA-SHAVE!

20. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

It's indicative of how attached to Alexandria Daryl has quietly become. He goes to help them until Rick reminds him of how important his given mission is.