Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's now the leader of Team Grimes?

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by pitwalker, Nov 24, 2014.

1. pitwalker

pitwalker Member

Has Daryl taken over as leader?

- he told Rick the team is going with Tyreese's plan and Rick backs down
    - ignores Ricks call to follow the two cops as they ran, instead hung back to find Hulk cop
    - tells Rick to back down when he was about to put a bullet in Hulk cop... Rick obeys

He's been making major calls for a while now... could Rick be sacrificed in the season finale???

2. batongal

batongal Active Member

no Rick is not going anywhere. This is more plot device to make Daryl regret his decisions when the bad thing happens in the MSF. Daryl is going to be knocked back a few notches and go through some heavy soul searching.

3. pitwalker

pitwalker Member

Enough with soul-searching-Daryl... I'm hoping for a major character death in the MSF. 1 of the original 5....... Carol?

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

No. And they're all going to regret not listening to Rick. Dumbasses. You don't negotiate with threats in this world. It's like Rick's the only one that learned anything from the entire Gov. experience. I would've been right by his side slitting f*ckin' throats.

5. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I doubt it, but If they ever kill Rick and Keep Daryl alive ill ****ing RIOT!!!!:zombies_mad:

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The development of Rick has been fascinating. He's been turned inside out from the Season 3 version where he was so unsure and even timid to a degree. Now he has real strength and conviction. Even so, he's not about to become a Governor type and go against the majority and force his plan on them. With Tyreese and Daryl offering dissent he really didn't have a choice. He would've been better served bringing Michonne and leaving Tyreese to what he's best at, babysitting.

Rick's plan was the best, using the element of surprise and now with the hospital group forewarned there will be casualties.

Dayl's approach at this stage is odd. He dealt with Joe's group as Rick did and survived Terminus too. Plus, he's trying to recover both Beth and Carol from another unstable group.

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Daryl is his second-in-command, a "brother" like Rick said in 416. He will trust his words, just like he did in this episode. They all work as a team, a family.

8. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

Daryl is becoming more and more like season 1 Rick and Rick is becoming more like Season 1 Daryl. I'm not saying it like there is an uncanny resemblance but some basic traits are there. I like a little more Daryl in Rick, but I hate a little more Rick in Daryl.

9. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

Daryl is a moral compass, i.e., Rick just wants to kill any opposing group right now

his plan to save Carol and Beth was good but very severe, i.e., "Daryl will slit his throat"

he was also going to kill that cop that attacked Daryl

Daryl is just bringing him back a little bit from the edge

10. Stealth

It is a severe plan, but it's out of necessity at this stage. What Rick knows is that this group is holding their people against their will. They learned this from Noah who escaped as they recaptured Beth. So after dealing with the Governor, Joe's group and the Hunters, it's only natural that he's going to want to go in there with the element of surprise to rescue them. At this point in the ZA it's an us or them scenario.

11. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

He doesn't really "tell" Rick they're going any certain way, he attempts to "reason" with Rick. He thinks Tyreese's plan, for whatever reason, is more likely to be successful so he just says what he thinks. I think if Rick had insisted, Daryl would have gone along with it.

Either way, Rick's plan was far and away the best, so I do not understand why they went with what they did.

I don't think he was blatantly disobeying orders, he happened to be at the tail end of the group and heard something/noticed something that made him suspicious, so he hung back.

Now, what's annoying with this is he should have said something. He got himself in that position because he hung back alone without telling the others and nearly got himself killed. Not to mention that the others thought he had their back and he just skulked off, leaving them open to attack from behind.

No, Daryl made a valid point. If they were going along with that asinine plan, then 3 would be better then 2.

Either way, I didn't like a lot of the decisions made in this episode and the more I think about it, the more frustrated I get. I get that SOMETHING terrible is going to happen in the MSF and Daryl will be facing a lot of regrets because of his calls, just like Rick did, but it doesn't make sense, with some of the choices Daryl is making. I seriously hope they smooth him out as a character because I'm not liking where this "growth" has lead.

12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

When will they learn? MANY was there to see what happended over the time? From Season 2 and on. Hell Shane was a bit right in some parts. I think Rick is starting to learn but his people is dumb.

13. nomaveck

nomaveck Member

No.

14. Necrophile213

Just the thought of Daryl and Tyreese being in agreement on battle strategies doesn't sit well with me.

15. Necrophile213

Shane was right on almost every tough decision that he stated his opinion on.

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

He was. Sadly he went bonkers. I think Shane and Mister Merle would have been VERY useful now.

17. Stealth

Rick has learned. He wanted to go back and finish off Gareth's group. Then he wanted the surprise attack on the hospital.

He has the right strategy at this stage, but many of the others aren't on the same page. If it had been Michonne there instead of Tyreese, who wanted Sasha to forgive Gareth, then I could see them going along with Rick's plan.

18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I know but Rick just let them bash his opinion down. It happended so many times now, they need to fix things now or else! Even Daryl!? WTF

19. Calloway70

Calloway70 Member

Rick knows he is surrounded with good, solid people. When you know you have good people around you, a good leader will listen to them. Forcing the rest of the group to enact his plan would go against everything he's been trying to change in the group.

20. Stealth

Yes, he doesn't want to be the Governor. So he's looking for a consensus to carry out a plan. This one is on Daryl and the clueless Tyreese.