Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's scars

Discussion in 'Episode 1007 - Open Your Eyes' started by BlackBird, Nov 18, 2019.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Much as I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about the prolonged footage of Daryl's going shirtless but I guess I am. It seems like his scars have wandered a little on his back and become more pronounced, and now we are shown he has scars on his front as well which didn't seem to be there when he was naked in the cell at the Sanctuary. (Have I paid too much attention to this detail? :oops:)

What's all this about? Please no way for the front scars to be self inflicted since then, just no.

So my feeling is that we were having this prolonged display of Daryl's naked torso entwined with him looking at the double acorn (that kind of now symbolises his possible "luck" with Connie) is a way to remind viewers (who have not been paying attention and wondering why on earth he's not jumping on Connie already) how his childhood/teenage trauma of being abused by his father is at the heart of his deep rooted aversion to becoming intimate with a woman. I do like this story and would love to see Connie healing him with her love, it would be awesome. I guess I'm just resenting the heavyhandedness of the scar exposure.

What did you think?

#1 BlackBird, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sorry I cannot offer any input. Iwas too busy looking at how pretty Dog is

;):p:D

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. BlackBird

:D Right Mz Dnae. In which case, taking one for the team, and in the name of research, would you just look at the body of the man for five seconds. Not even his body, just his scars/lack of.

Scars at present (from about 0:45)

Lack of frontal scars in the prison (from about 0:38 and sincere apologies for Easy Street)

Scars first revealed in a brawl with Merle:

[​IMG]

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

There's probably a reason why they showed all the scars, but I don't think the cell scene really shows a lot of Daryl's front torso to know if he had them or not. Plus, I don't really care.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I just figured he's collected more over the years that we haven't seen him get the wound. Like the one over his eye. I'm sure he was cut up in the fight with Beta, there was a lot of knife swinging.

Plus his father's scars, Dwight shooting him, the slice from the savior with Timmy. That boy has had his share of wounds.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. calliope

calliope Active Member

If you go back to 2X5, Chupacabra, Daryl had a lot of scars on the front of his torso then as well. Plus, as has been said, the gunshot wound from Dwight and various other more recent injuries. I think it was a lack of continuity with the body makeup in 7x03. You'd think it would be easy enough to match up given it's all on tape.

As for the reason behind the scene, it's hard to say. I tend to think it's not gratuitous, although NR is looking better than he has in years! Perhaps the underlying domestic violence sub theme which has been ever present since the start of the show? Maybe linking it more to Lydia going forward?

• Like Like x 1
  9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I have Easy Street stuck in my head. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. BlackBird

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

As some point out in here, he probably got even more scars. Daryl is probably the one in the Rick Hobo Commando team who survived the MOST weird shit and engagements and is actively out there, doing hunting and scouting. He pretty much is the commando redneck scout with a hard shell but a golden heart.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlackBird

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I thought it was an effective scene that displayed the Hell Daryl has gone through.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. BlackBird

I don’t normally like shipping YT videos, but I’ve clicked on this one because it was 10x07 related, and I thought it was beautiful. It has conveyed the exact sentiment I felt during this scene with Daryl and the dog and the exposure of scars.

The twin acorns are now the representation of his possibility with Connie. The focus on the scars is underlining how much Daryl has been through, and doesn’t he deserve a bit of happiness and the loving of a good woman. (It also possibly highlights why he might be reluctant to enter a physical relationship.)

I am worried though. I’ve read people are really concerned about Lauren’s absence from the set and speculate Connie might die.
    I know it’s only speculation and I shouldn’t pay attention, but it’s hard not to, when I feel so invested in this pairing. Besides, I would hate to lose such a wonderful character as Connie, and see Daryl devastated again. It would be just the absolute worst thing ever... please no.

Anyone could put my mind to rest?

#14 BlackBird, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's the first I've heard of them possibly killing off Connie. I'd hate to lose her character too.

I read somewhere that they filmed out of sequence. So it might not be an indication of anything if the actress hasn't been seen.

• Like Like x 2
  16. calliope

calliope Active Member

I think it probably depends on Lauren's future in the Marvel Universe's The Eternals. That would more likely be a better professional opportunity for her, it may be hard to keep her on TWD if she sees a better option elsewhere.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

During the summer I did read the filming updates and it was very clear that Angela has put a strangle hold on the ease of gaining info about who is and who is not filming. Add to that it has been noted that they did film out of sequence this season.

I am unable to tell you for certain if Lauren Ridloff filmed at all past episode 1008 BUT that means absolutely nothing. What I can offer you is this: do not go searching for the answer. I found out about the death of Jesus (in case you are unaware I was his #1 fan on this site LOL just ask @Jama )....way before his final episode. Knowing about his death crushed me and it diluted the joy of watching the episodes. So in a nutshell....knowing sucks!

Believe me I want Connie to live on for many seasons but I have learned my lesson about deaths being spoiled - I refuse to look for absolutes

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I think Kelly goes before Connie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

And I was the #1 fan of you being the #1 fan of Jesus. If someone said "uh no Dnae, like I'm like Jesus' #1 fan, mkay? Like, you have no idea."

I'd jump in and say " Nah bish! Dnae was, is and always will be the #1 fan of Jesus! Now step off, or I bout to put my foot up in yo ass! Front-ways, sideways, heel first, any way I can gets it up there.DNAE is #1 OKAY!?!?!?"

And then you'd have to calm me down and tell me to take some pills or whatever. Good times.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Jesus :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2