Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's thoughts on 209 (S2:E9)

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Daryl Dixon, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon Member

Overall, I found this episode to be quite entertaining. However, I'd like to point out a couple things.
    In the beginning of Episode 9 "Trigger-finger" opened up to Lori waking up to the aftermath of her car-walker accident. Then you see the breakdown of Rick, Glenn, and Hershel fighting off the thugs that were friends of the previously killed ones.

Honestly why did Rick bother responding to them. I would've immediately attempted to sneak out the back. I also would like to question why Rick has to be the 'good guy' in every situation. I mean the thugs were parting from the Pharmacy and warned Randall that 'Roamers' were everywhere. He jumps and falls on his leg which was pierced by the metal fence. Of course Rick has to be the superhero and save Randall, one of the thugs that tried killing the three of the Grimes-Hershel crew.

I feel that it was smart of them to blind-fold Randall so that he wouldn't be able to identify the Farm's location but didn't they just reject 2 thugs prior to the breakdown? Why Randall? Why not leave him to rot like the other thug whom Herhsel shot? Randall isn't special.

Then you have Lori screwing up Shane and Rick's relationship as best friends. Why can't she understand that Shane had no clue Rick was even alive in the hospital? He was just protecting her and Carl. The sex and extra stuff wasn't necessary but it showed that his and Lori's relationship grew to be close.

Please feel free to add your thoughts!!!

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

1.) I believe Rick attempted to talk their way out of another gunfight because he thought Glenn and Hershel were a hinderance to him. Naturally it turns out Hershel knows how to use a gun, but Rick's opinion of Glenn turned out to be correct.

2.) I'm on team Rick, but saving the kid was stupid. Yes, Rick could attempt to find out information on the kid's group and what they've seen, but once the kid rejoins his group, they're going to be searching for Hershel's farm.

3. boutte

boutte Active Member

Rick is trying to remain a good man. Like he said he was just a kid. (They could have easily just sliced the leg from the side, trying to do an amputation was stupid)

Lori wants Shane gone and she doesn't care how it happens. She's just as nuts as Shane is. She has no conscience whatsoever.

Dale is idiot. He may be right about a lot of things but he has no guile.

Andrea is going to regret hooking up with Shane, he's just using her and will kick her to the curb at the drop of a hat.

Herschel is coming around and might just turn out to be a strong member of the group.

Darryl is just being Darryl. He'll pull out of it. Notice he was ready to rock and roll the next morning.

4. Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon Member

Honestly, I do believe Rick's training in negotiating and his Sheriff instincts settled in. He's just doing what he can to try and protect everyone. And while you're living in a Zombie Apocalypse, that could be potentially dangerous.

You're absolutely right. I do like Rick a lot but in some cases he's seems too focused on helping everyone and should be more focused on his group. Unless it was a child, I don't think they should take anyone in. Blindfolded or not.

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Like boutte, I understand why Rick was trying to save the boy. He was trying to remain a decent man in an indecent time. The boy's group left him there for dead. The same group that was willing to kill them all to take over the farm. If they had left the boy or put him out of his misery, they wouldn't be any better than Dave and Tony.

It's important for Rick to retain his moral code from the world before. Sometimes he has to step slightly out of that code to do what needs to be done, but he must always remember it.

6. Al Davis is back

I was wondering why it was dark when they were having the leg in the fence disaster, and then the sun was up by the time they got back to the farm. Did they stop and get a latte or run by the pharmacy one more time?

They ditched the old Jeep for a newer Chevy too. Nice to see them in a non-beater of a car.

7. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I agree! Plus there is no harm in that. The others won't be looking for the kid, they think he was breakfast, lunch and dinner for the walkers they left him behind for.

8. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I asked about this in another thread...And also why it became night instantly after he killed the two guys in the bar. It was sunny out during that scene, and then seconds afterward in the Bar, it is night time???

9. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I guess it's time moving at the speed of plot again.
    Darkness makes for a certain kind of dramatic effect, so does arriving at dawn with Randall.
    The sun is where it needs to be, and hopefully the audience doesnt notice.
    Or maybe it's just editing error or they had to film parts at night to match a schedule, either way it's not really relevant to the story I think.

10. Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon Member

I don't think many people will notice the slightly-off dawn/dusk schedules. Besides it shouldn't be something that will drastically affect your experience while watching.

11. Syphon

Syphon Member

I don't think Rick was wrong for saving the kid. He knew it was possible based on the situation. And he took that chance to save the kid. I really doubt the kid'll go back to his people after what they did to him, though.

12. Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon Member

I don't think Rick was wrong for doing it either, however, there were a crowd of Walkers lurking their position and Randall's screaming was only attracting them. Saving him was good in conscience but could have ended very badly. After the kid is healed they'll release him to be off on his own and he's familiar with the thugs' location/hide-out. I'm positive that Randall will dash for his shelter.

13. Al Davis is back

Drastically is the key word there.

It could have been done better. Let one character say "we've been holed up in here for 6 hours..."

They had the barn incident (Early morning: clock in the camper said 10:50 when it was time for the service), the bar incident (afternoon, evening), save the kid (night), all night drive (?), and surgery the next morning. Just trying to follow the story from a timeline perspective.

14. Xeroed

Xeroed New Member

The gunfight started at night. It lasted a while (SOME time can be assumed, how much is irrelevant). They said they had to cauterize Randall's wound, they obviously stopped to blind fold him. All of this takes time. Plus the distance TO the town... The morning can be easily explained.

What is strange is that 'Nebraska' ended in daylight and 'trigger happy' started after dark, but with the gunshots at the end of 'nebraska'

15. Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon Member

I do agree with your points made in the above reply.

16. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Maybe thewriters wanted to show the diff between Rick and Shane, Rick couldnt leave a live guy to be eaten whereas Shane shot Otis in the leg to be eaten. Granted the circumstances were much diffrent, Shane alone, hurt ankle, time limit to save Carl. just a thought maybe it will come up in the next few episodes I can see Rick in an argument with Shane saying at least i diddnt leave him as bait (hint to Otis)?

17. Damrod

Damrod Member

They would have left them if the tables had been turned. better to be quiet, block or lock the door and sneak out the back before they knew you were there while they were searching the other side of the street.

18. boutte

boutte Active Member

Sneaking out the back didn't work. Their were already walkers there and the bad guys were just ahead them anyway. Even if they were able to sneak out what then? Their car was out front with the guys they were trying to get away from. They were just lucky the walkers showed up when they did.

19. Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon Member

Boutte, that is very true. If the walkers hadn't come (because of the gunshots) how do you think Rick would've ultimately handled the situation?