Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's zombie shield

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by Mr Sinister, Dec 2, 2013.

1. rustybag

rustybag Member

That did not go unnoticed for me either. I'm the opposite of you, though, in the sense that I have not been happy with this season up until last night. But I was so happy to see everyone included and the governor & that group killed off. I think I would have turned a blind eye if Daryl was shielding himself with a bag of marshmallows, I was just so glad to see him off that horrible Mitch! :)

2. Porfivor Nixon

Truthfully, it seemed like he had a shield of some kind behind the walker so that he was holding him up but the shield behind the walker was stopping the bullets, not the zombie himself (which obviously would not have done a great job of that) - the show seemed to be heavily edited, I bet there were explanations for some of these things that they just cut out of the episode for time constraints. So I don't know, but I think there was more to it than just him holding the zombie up.

3. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Fanservice.Nuff said.

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Damn Right! Gotta keep us Daryl fans happy!! :zombies_lol:

5. Kevin A. Dixon

Kevin A. Dixon New Member

Oh okay Mister Hunter I am so sorry to have insulted your deer shooting and reloading abilities. Apparently my ballistics and arms training in the Special Forces, specifically the 2nd Ranger Battalion) and my multiple tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea and Bosnia have been nothing but lies. I can not believe that what I have witnessed on the battlefield was nothing but my very own imagination. I'll just stick to your chronograph and dead animal shots in the future.

Thanks for clearing that up, buddy.

6. Kevin A. Dixon

I am so sorry to have insulted your expertise. Apparently my ballistics and arms training in the Special Forces, specifically the 2nd Ranger Battalion) and my multiple tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea and Bosnia have been nothing but lies. I can not believe that what I have witnessed on the battlefield was nothing but my very own imagination. I'll just stick to your chronograph and dead animal shots in the future.

Ranger's Lead the Way!

7. Lxwad

Lxwad Member

No, this scene was not realistic. Especially the fact that the bullets didn't go through the walker and hit Daryl. But I also don't care. If I knit picked every scene that wasnt realistic, I wouldn't have time to enjoy the show.

8. RicksRightHand

Yeah, but dem biceps though...

[​IMG]

Just kidding. I loved the spirit of the scene but it also felt a little off to me... yeah, it looked cool but it was one of those moments where the show just asks you to suspend belief a little bit too much.

9. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

But really, HOW, just HOW do you manage to get hold of a walker that's like 6 or so inches away from you? The walker was LITERALLY beside Daryl, just.. No.

10. JayDee

JayDee Member

lol I noticed and it was cheesy hahaha. Didn't take away from this episode beiing great. It was just sooooo obvious that it was a dummy. Just stiff and strong as ever. Surviving that intense shooting when the zombie that almost got Meghan the first time foot slipped off with ease.

11. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

Yes the decomposed body would have been ripped to pieces in real life, but its TV and a great gun battle it was, I loved it.

12. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

They should have used a regular guy as a walker, still "alive", and Daryl had skewered it somehow from behind and was walking it towards them.

13. MerlesRightHand

MerlesRightHand New Member

You are full of B.S. If you truly engaged in the service you claim, then you certainly were not infantry, you probably had a desk, "office", or service oriented job (i.e. kitchen). I stand by everything I said, your post regarding ballistics was utter nonsense.

14. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

True, but I'm not surprised, it's just the writers trying to please the Daryl fans, as always, but this scene was too much, no way a walker could be useful as a shield.

15. Chords

Chords New Member

THIS.

16. Kevin A. Dixon

Thank you for again proving you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

17. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I STILL don't know how Daryl managed to turn around before he got bit..

18. DeadJoe

DeadJoe New Member

2nd Rangers deactivated directly after WWII , they didn't reactivate until 1974 so it's not only improbable you were with the 2nd in Korea it is impossible.

19. Walking Wounded

I went to a seminar years ago where a ballistics expert showed pictures of how a would be murderer tried to kill someone by firing 5 pistol rounds through a window screen. None of the small caliber rounds penetrated the screen with sufficient velocity to kill the intended victim, although all five penetrated his body. The expert attributed this to the fact that these were very old cartridges and the gunpowder had apparently deteriorated over the years. Who knows where some of this ammo came from that was used in the battle? I have some cartridges at my house that are more than 50 years old. The tank itself was a museum piece!

If we can believe in zombies, and see how high powered rifle rounds simply bounced off the bus, we can surely believe that Daryl's zombie stopped a few rounds!

20. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Love the show too but this is the most ridiculous scene in the whole series, and there has been ridiculous walker scenes like;

-Walker eating Lori with bones and everything
    -Magical herd of walkers that Dale couldn't see, apparently they came out of nowhere
    -Walker staying silent to surprise Dale (then proceeded to gut him with the fingers)
    -Tyreese surviving a huge herd of walkers with just a hammer
    -The Governor killing hundreds of walkers with a shovel (I think?, or maybe a gun too I can't remember well now) being *sort of* locked up in a dark place, and only a good eye to see.

But I like to suspend my beliefs to enjoy the show, but the scene with Daryl stopping bullets with a very rotten walker is too much, in a real/better written scene, the bullets would go trough the walker and kill Daryl.

#40 shanewalking, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013