Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Day Z or H1Z1?

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by The Professor, Apr 12, 2014.

1. The Professor

The Professor Administrator

Day Z is one of the top dogs in the zombie MMO at the moment. Do you think H1Z1 will overtake it?

2. TEST SUBJECT

TEST SUBJECT Guest

It 100% has to potential to be better.
    I have over 500 hours into DayZ SA and would love to see this idea on an engine that can take it in the right direction quickly.

At the rate DayZ is coming along H1Z1 could come out in a month and already be months ahead of DayZ in terms of content and player count.

I love DayZ so much, but us loyal DayZ fans have to put up with ALOT of shit due to it being in such an early state, so I understand.
    But man this has seriously sparked my interest for sure.

3. The Professor

The Professor Administrator

Agreed. Given the experience SOE already has with Planetside 2 and their other games, I can definitely see them taking over Day Z.

4. Origami Crane

Origami Crane New Member

I checked out Day Z, and that looks awesome too. I think SOE will take over as the top Zombie MMO though, because when they launch, it will be "finished" as far as gameplay works (of course features and such will be added over time, as with any mmo). In all capital letters on the Day Z Steam Download page, it warns that the game is only in alpha and will experience outages and such.

I think that H1Z1 will have more players as well because of the fact that it will be on PS4 as well.

5. LindaKay

LindaKay New Member

Of course! Day Z is a pretty cool game, but I don't think it will hold a candle to H1Z1. I can't wait to play it and find out, though?!

6. adid

adid New Member

Obviously H1Z1, DayZ is great but H1Z1 seems to be on par with bigger titles like Last of Us etc

#6 adid, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  7. Takedon

Takedon New Member

Right now, DayZ is the more developed game. However, I still have a feeling that H1Z1 may become a bit better and will definitely have fewer bugs than DayZ.

8. blommas

blommas New Member

No, I don't think so. Maybe it will be better than how DayZ is now, but when DayZ get rid of bugs, and when they get vehicles, then I think DayZ will be better.
    H1Z1 is F2P aswell, and most F2P games are worse than games you pay for.
    H1Z1 still has the potential to overtake it, and maybe it will. It looks amazing so far, but we haven't played it yet, so it is hard to say.
    The zombies are a lot better than the DayZ zombies, which is a big problem in DayZ.. for me atleast..
    I am not sure about the PVP'ing though. DayZ has really nice PVP so far, but I think H1Z1 will be almost as good.

9. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

DayZ's development has been really slow. And H1Z1 hasn't been released yet so we don't know the state of the game. I think H1Z1 has more potential though. You have crafting, fire, vehicles, barricading, and actually functioning zombies. I'm confident in SOE's abilities so we'll have to see how the game comes out. It's not really fair to give a judgment to an unreleased game.

10. Andrei

Andrei New Member

DayZ is a bit too buggy and I am afraid it has turned into a scam. I don't want to often anybody, but their progress is really slow and the engine is very old as well (and badly optimized). I really hope that H1Z1 will be better!

11. Swannaz

Swannaz New Member

I feel that these two games will be very neck and neck. Obviously development with DayZ is much slower and I feel that H1Z1 will be a better game as it will probably be a little more advanced in the devlopment process. However I feel that once DayZ implements all of its features (including vehicles and all other loot items and whatever else they have planned) I feel that DayZ will still be the game on top but H1Z1 will sure be up there with it.

12. Abacabb

Abacabb Member

I don't even like DayZ to begin with. I will list below my VALID reasons why:

- Clunky Gameplay (Arma Engine)
    - Buggy Zombies
    - No Friend System (no way to find friends AT ALL)

Oh and not to mention they re-sold a dumbed down version of their mod as a "standalone" while it was in pre-alpha during Christmas. (someone say cash grab?)

Pre Alpha? Quit climbing mountains Rocket and maybe you will finish your game. Oh wait, you resigned from the DayZ team so nevermind.

L O L.

13. ManofOneWay

ManofOneWay New Member

H1Z1 of course, that's why we are here hehe. I think that H1Z1 will overtake it since their developper is more experienced, surely have more ressources for the game developpement etc....

I like DayZ but I have encountered a lot of bugs in the game which makes it kinda annoying sometimes. Anyways I guess as long as the devs listen to the community, H1Z1 should soon become #1.

14. Andrei

Andrei New Member

The problem is that DayZ will completely get rid of bugs in about 6 months with this old ArmA engine. And H1Z1 will be advancing a bit faster. However, I am afraid that the F2P is stopping it from developing...

15. tinfamous12

tinfamous12 New Member

So far I don't see any enormous differences between the two. However personally I never got into Day Z as much. I think H1Z1 got my attention more because of its premise.

16. Agent

Agent Member

I like most of the concepts of Day Z, but the execution is just dull IMHO, they are good thinkers, but they need more style, flow and better design, make things feel a little more natural. I have high hopes with H1Z1, SOE seems to have all the things I said down.

Even though SWG didn't have a very good flow it had so many other good stuff that I didn't mind it at all, even if that's the case, still better than dayZ for me.

so for me, yes, totally possible and very likely :)

17. Sky

Sky New Member

I think Rockets idea to stick with the ArmA engine was a bad one, it was never designed for the kind of mechanics and gameplay that he envisioned but they stuck with it anyway and right now at least it is worse off then the mod.

Of course, understand that alpha means alpha for DayZ, the current builds are designed to help the developers - not to be played on full time. Odds are H1Z1 will be the same.

18. mark973

mark973 Member

I think H1Z1 has the potential to be a lot better. Its been in development for around 6 months and it already looks better than DayZ, also buggy but that's expected. Also, I hear that it will be able to support more than a thousand players so that's definitely a huge positive.

19. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Member

It is too early to tell. We should be able to guess better if H1Z1 Early Access is out and people are actually playing this.

20. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

I definately think that H1Z1 has potential to become a bigger sucess than DayZ. It is true that DayZ is very popular, and has been for many years, so it might be hard to take away those boiled in fans of DayZ from it, but I think it's definately possible with the right marketing and all.

It definately shows potential of being better than DayZ atleast!