Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daylight Savings Time?

Discussion in 'Episode 1005 - What It Always Is' started by Miamicuse, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

So...does the post apocalypse embrace DST?

Does Eugene monitor the time and tell everyone to dial their watch back on certain days or they go on not worrying about it and when two groups have to meet on a certain day and time, how does it work?

Back then when the Saviors met with the Kingdom for pigs and produce, how did they set a meeting time? Do they all have a calendar? How did Michonne and Alpha set up day and time to meet? Next Tuesday, 6pm EST DST?

What if your group wander in the country for months and lost track, how do you get back on track if you need to?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I suppose people simply use mechanical wristwatch. I think Rick's has one. Hershel gave his to Glenn and now Maggie has it.
    You just walk into a watch store and grab a mechanical Rolex to keep time. That must be it for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Eugene could set up a sundial in each community. That would work, too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

So if they have a hand winding watch they will use that to keep time. If they ever forget to wind it and it stops they must find someone else with a watch to synch up?

When Morgan went westward did he synch with people he came across along his way?

"Hey fellow what time do you have? 4? Oh right this is Arizona so I need to dial back another hour, thank you!"

How do they keep track of the day of the week? Someone has to keep track, those with a day function wrist watch?

What about the day of the month? Who would remember how many days each month and which year February has 28 or 29 days? Can't rely on wrist watches for that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt they follow daylight savings time. That would be a plus for a zombie apocalypse.

The truth is out there

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

see above

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I would think they probably stop paying much attention to hourly time at all, it doesn't really have any relevance in their lives.

Time hasn't always been what we think of it now. Way back in history, time was measured seasonally (mostly), because that's what you had to revolve your life around for survival. When to plant, when to reap, etc. The day was broken into several parts, wake up, meal times, time for bed. If you were a serf what good would it do you to know it was 2:30pm?

So I could see them going back to those sorts of time watching.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

That goes back to my original post where I asked...how did the saviors and the kingdom coordinate the day and time to meet back when the gave them melons and pigs? It seemed like the kingdom people got to the meeting spot, then a few minutes later the saviors got there. They must have had a way to figure out when - on both ends.

Didn't Rick meet with the governor inside a barn? They had a meeting time I assume, more precisely than "at dawn" or "after dark" or else people would be waiting a while due to not being able to pin time down. Unless as someone suggested they use a sundial, or mechanical watches that keeps running and running and running.