Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dean and the Surrenderettes.

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do we need to let the surrenders live in order to keep our humanity. Or is it too much of a danger and burden during this wartime? Have they had enough chances??

Ready, Go!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

They just killed like 100 other people... get rid of these guys! Half of the Saviors power is their numbers... get rid of them! Shoulda learned a lesson from piss-pants asshole #1

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Kill them! Members of the militia are dropping flies, take out as many Saviors as you can before its too late! They're all brutal and loyal Saviors.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Part of me says to kill them - they’ve witnessed enough to know what type of person they represent. The other part of me understands Jesus’ reasoning - if they are surrendering, than killing them is basically an execution.

I still don’t trust them right now, since at the moment all they know is Rick’s group is trying to take over. To them he could just be another Negan...yet another leader they are supposed to bow to. They don’t necessarily know yet that joining rick means freedom.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I do not know a practical way to solve this problem of having so many captives. It is not like they can be locked up in a prison. Even if so, how are you going to feed them? And, they cannot just be de-armed and let go. It is just impossible to tell which one is really repentant and who is just pretending. The piss-pant guy should be a good indicator of the majority. If these guys are going along with the dirty works of Negan for so long, it is unlikely they just make a 180 degree turn. These are not 'workers'.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Either but I am tired of them choosing a way to deal with it then infighting when it comes down to the last sec!

7. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

This. Jesus is in the wrong, though in the long term he's right. There aren't enough guns and bodies to spare guarding prisoners, there's nowhere to put them, nothing to feed them. You can't even tie them up and leave them there - if a walker comes along, that's worse than an execution.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I would think they should have had the conversation long before they went into battle about taking captives or not. Not a good idea to have debates in the heat of battle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think the whole point is to highlight the moral problems they now have in this War overall.

Kill them all but how?

When we see Ratface who killed Benjamin we know what douchebags they likely all are and I didn't buy into the first guys innocent surrender at all AND we see in the preview that they end up captured right back too but it is like Murder too if they just execute them all so........?

Either they have not considered all of this before or we just do not know yet what they decided in advance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The problem with killing people who have surrendered is that you effectively become what you're fighting against. Glenn and Abraham will have died for nothing.

You don't kill unarmed people who have surrendered and are at your mercy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

A conundrum indeed!

As Tink stated above, you kill those who have surrendered and laid down their weapons you then become the person/s, the ideas that you are fighting against.

And as many others have stated....then what? Where do you house them (Morgan only built one cell)? How do you feed them? There is no Geneva convention code to adhere to any longer. You have one side of Team Not the Saviors who see blood, who seek revenge, who are geared up to live the words of the governor and "kill them all". Then you have the other side of Team Not the Saviors who believe that you do not kill an unarmed person, that you take them prisoner, that you do not become what you are fighting against. So how do these two sides within the same team now co-exist with one another? How do these two sides within the same team keep trust with one another when faced with a gun fight against the enemy? Does it become not a question of IF but a question of WHEN do the two divergent ideologies split Team Not the Saviors into separate factions thus splintering the still new alliance of three communities?

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Once the group of Saviors had put down their guns and lined up, it would have been a complete execution-style massacre to shoot them all right there, as opposed to the war they were waging against armed saviors...it would have been far more out of place and out of character than taking them alive as prisoners.

This was really smart for the long run too, because these people once started as families needing to survive...so many of them will realize there is a better life and turn against Negan. Some probably won't turn against Negan, which will make for some interesting conflict.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

At least kill the d*ck who killed Benjamin

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That thought crossed my mind too lol. That guy is the worst. He's only going to cause trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

The smart thing is to let them live and imprison them. If they kill off the POW's, later encounters would result in the Saviors fighting to the death. It'll be ugly and prolong the war. Also in turn, Negan may use this to execute all of Rick's team he captures.

Alternatively Negan could argue that Rick is even more bloodthirsty and out of control that he is. If Rick starts losing battles, Negan could convince communities to switlch back to the Saviors for this very reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

This is always the interesting problem in war/battle... my question is, if you let them all live, even once Negan is defeated, will you have some that band together and want to take it back to how "good" it was under Negan, etc.? Rick (althought I love him) isn't always the best leader, so people may not fall in line with his leadership style (although, if he truly is smart, he would let Maggie run everything). Just my thoughts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

In some ways its a good idea tactically. It shows the Saviors that they really will be spared if they surrender. The problem is that for every person you let live, a window opens up for a knife in the back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

At least separate the ones you know have killed innocent people like the guy who killed Benjamin, and any other "leaders" you can identify. Why not lock them up in an out of the way secure room with a small amount of food and water while you make your exit with the rest? If you've made it secure enough, they won't be able to get out which means if you win you can go back later after deciding what to do with them. If you lose they'll eventually be released and it won't matter but in the meantime they might end up killing each other for the food you left them and problem solved.

19. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I am looking at it from the times perspective. Normal rules just don't apply. After what they did to Glenn, Abraham, Denise, Olivia, Benjamin, Sasha, the people at Hilltop, what they TRIED to do with Carol and Maggie, Daryl, Sasha and Abe, the dozens of collateral deaths, Richard, red shirts, etc etc., I personally am with Tara on this. Kill them all. Negan's posse in any and every outpost have shown nothing but no remorse and a thirst for blood. Whether its to please their sycophantic leader or if its now cemented in their psyche, nothing they say can be trusted and I do not feel they are redeemable. Locking them up would be pointless because in the ZA, there is no rehabilitation or counselling to show them the error of their ways. I would err on the side of caution and self preservation together with protecting my own.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I also think that it would have been hard for me not to kill the guy who purposely pissed himself, and then stepped on Maggie's prenatal vitamins while talking about how she and her kid are going to die. Once he showed that he really wasn't willing to surrender peacefully he would have been a goner. That's probably the main spot that i disagreed with Jesus...prior to that, when he first started talking about his family, i understood why he didn't want to kill him.

• Agree Agree x 1