Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dean and the Surrenderettes.

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'm torn of course. You want to remain human and let people live. But in order to prevent further loss of life for their families is to eliminate the threat. The Saviors won't stop ruling by fear and brutality. So you either kneel or you fight. Ricks group is finally fighting. Now the war has started, are you gonna eliminate the threat or just silence it temporarily? They will get out and they will kill the joined community forces. If Rick's group wants peace, they'd better get rid of the cause of the war. All of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It is a war, it is litterally terrorists they are fighting and civilsation is dead as we know it. Someone should read up on middle ages leaders. You cannot moop around and harbour your enemy when food supplies are low, kill em all, execute them if necessary but do not let them live.

When someone manages to change Morgan to kill em in dozens and dozens and dozens...you should know that you're wrong. These people cannot be redeemed.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I thought Jesus was acting too much like...well, Jesus in that situation. Guys like that don't get second chances. Jesus was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but when they saw what he was really like, Jesus should have simply stated you had your chance and let Tara blow his brains out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Bottom line... get rid of the guys who will be nothing but a cancer to the group... hard to tell if anyone is or isn’t full of shit... the ones you KNOW are cancers should just be put down (like the dick who killed Benjamin)... they were literally flinging open doors and firing away... I guess this would be different to just blow them all away...but is it really that different? No one else was given the chance to surrender except for Negan and his main guys in the previous episode... other than that they’ve just been firing away (and rightfully so)... why are these people spared when the rest were not even given the surrender option... moral factor isn’t all that different

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's a good point - they did ambush a lot of the others. I guess for me it's like when i see a spider...if I smash it immediately i'm good. If i wait too long, i start thinking about it's spider family that is probably missing it and i end up capturing it in a container and letting it outside. LOL

That was a ridiculous example...but my point is just the ambush v. making them stand there while you shoot them all execution style is totally different. I'm not sure they were fully prepared for the possibility of some groups actually surrendering.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I don't agree with this reasoning. If the battle is over, sure. But due to potential reinforcements, these people who are 'surrnedering' could re join the battle. I agree that if they had all these guys in cuffs, and got them back to Alexandria, then killing them is execution. but the saviors could come and attack with reinforcements and having their people unrestrained and mobil to fight is dangerous so they need to be killed until the battle is won.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mfinley

mfinley Member

Didn't they already have that conversation, I thought Rick gave the speech and said "Kill them all"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the guvner? :D:D:p;);)

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I thought he said something to the effect that if anyone wanted to live in peace they would be accepted but if they wanted to hurt, and use other people Rick and his group would end them. He also told Negan's posse that he was offering them their lives if they would surrender right then and there. Afterwards would be too late. So going by that standard I imagine anyone who puts up a fight gets killed, no ands, ifs or buts. That's what surprised me so about Jesus letting that arsewipe live that held the gun to his head.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah but you can't un-kill someone when the battle is over lol. :p Of course there are all kinds of risks involved in taking them alive, but people are few and far between these days...it may not happen immediately, but i'm pretty sure the majority of those people just ended up with the Saviors out of pure survival. They took a wrong turn in the road, and instead of ending somewhere like Hilltop, the Kingdom, or Alexandria, they ended up in Negan's world. There are exceptions to that of course...but for the most part i think there are some good workers and civilians in there who deserve a second chance. Especially if they are surrendering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think most of the outposts are packed full with crazy people who says they are "Negan" while his "tribute" communities are more of the good people and maybe a few slave like workers in his Sanctuary.

I mean, IF ALL the outposts was supressed people they could riot or turn to Ricks side as they notice his tribute communities are all combined attacking Negan to finally end his regime and become free of it. But I think the outposts are packed with loyalists as sick as Negan. The only outpost breaking the pattern a bit is t he one Rick attacked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I think most of them are redeemable and will be relieved to be restored to a better life. People can be manipulated into doing terrible things, especially when they are young or frightened, but only the sociopaths amongst us actually want to do terrible things, even in the ZA.

The difficulty will be in spotting the sociopaths.

We already know what Rick will decide. My mercy prevails over my wrath.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

You have to kill them. If they were armed they wont be workers, they are Saviors.
    You have to kill all evil for the good to survive.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Leaving them alive will only lead to multiple cases like Daryl's where Denise would still be alive if he had killed Dwight when he had the chance instead of giving him a second chance.Will be interesting to see when / how this come back to bite whom.

15. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

It's a tough decision. Shooting them, while they surrendered and gave up their weapons is a massacre. I don't think, that most people are prepared to deal with that, so Jesus suggestion kind of made sense. The problem will be, how to secure them until the war is over. But some of them might rethink, what they know about RIck and his group and mybe join the Alexandrians. They probably only know Negans side of the story, seeing ... how do you call the group Team Rick?'... well, our guys sparing them, could make them reconsider.
    I know, it's a risk and Bens murderer is probably one of those people, who will stab you in back and twist the knife for fun, so I guess, either decision can be justified. I would not have killed them after their surrender, but I get, that the practicable decision, if not the humane, would probbaly have been to kill them .

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Where is that "Kill Floor" when you really need it?!

• Winner Winner x 1