Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Deanna mentions military never returned

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by corey41685, Mar 5, 2015.

1. corey41685

corey41685 New Member

so how about this: Deanna mentions that she was saved by military and they never returned. What are the odds this could be the same group killed by the Governor?! I mean they did have a Helicopter but I don't remember where they said they were coming from. Shit. But damn someone could elaborate more on my theory or completely debunk it lol. But what a cool little tie-in that could be.

2. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Too much distance in between

3. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Agreed. Way too far apart. The writers would reallllly be stretching it to tie them in somehow. I think they're already stretching it if they're still planning on re-introducing Morgan back into the show.

4. corey41685

corey41685 New Member

I understand the distance thing, but again, they had a helicopter. and Deanna mentions she was in the community from the beginning. The Helicopter sighting by Rick and team was certainly in the beginning stages of the ZA...

5. Negan

Negan Active Member

It's nice to tie loose ends and all, but that would be kind of a stretch.

6. Strife

Strife Member

The general consensus on the forum will be a resounding 'No'

What I always thought interesting in this realm, and got super excited for when I heard about a spin-off, is the view of the ZA from the military standpoint. I like how the spin off is focusing on family dynamics in the heart of an urban populated city, but I was a little disappointed it wasn't military based. In the 1st season @ the CDC the Dr said something about the French being the closest to a cure...I thought the spin off was gonna take us over seas in the form of a military commander seeing the havoc the ZA wreaked but to no avail.

7. corey41685

corey41685 New Member

it was just a spur of the moment thought and decided it was at least worth discussion. Mainly for the simple fact I don't remember where the pilot said his crew was leaving from...

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Too coincidental...

It'd be an interesting way to explain what happened, but yeah, it'd be a major coincidence that I'd have a hard time buying into. :p

#8 BatmansHooker, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  9. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

To be fair to the OP i thought the same too.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I wonder how many helicopters along the east coast were dispatched early in the chaos of the ZA? 7 hundred? 15 thousand? 28 thousand? They were 600 miles apart. The chances of it being the same are astronomically low. Add to that the fact that for some reason, the military would have to randomly decide to go from D.C. to rural Georgia, instead of going to the same nearby 'safe' zone that it sent Deanna to.

Its not the same group.

11. StreborET

StreborET New Member

Atlanta area "military" were local National Guard. Regarding the "military" returning, they receive their orders from the chain of command and no Congressperson is in it.

12. Ames25

Ames25 Member

More than likely they were just in DC and were overwhelmed- not even too hard to imagine the mass evac getting out of control and becoming an all you can eat buffet. Some military personnel are bound to have become Zombie Snacks.

13. miltk

miltk Member

there's military everywhere, and the helicopter was in georgia. this is virginia. she wasn't "saved", the military detoured her and her husband. she didn't mention how many soldiers were in that group because i find it hard to believe that an armed force couldn't overcome zombies.

14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Is there any indications of the military in Walking Dead like in World War Z?

I mean did they collapse or have they just regrouped for an counter offensive or sits out in the hangarships? Or no clues what so ever.

15. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Agreed, not hard to imagine at all. Simply watching the series shows us the state of the world is not good, to put it lightly. DC proper boasts 650K. Virginia as a whole is over 8 million and a vast majority, I'm sure inhabit the DC area. No one honestly can believe the mass exodus from these population centers went flawlessly. More like grid lock in down town Boston at 4pm on a Friday and allll the bar stools have been taken. But your gonna have a hard time convincing them. Because the consensus is DC is a ghost town, devoid of humans and walkers ...hehe simply preposterous:zombies_rolleyes::zombies_rolleyes:

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

In real life, a zombie outbreak would be stopped fast, quickly and effective. That is the funny part in that british zombie comedy. That as soon as the military get organised, They plow through like its a cake at a birthday party.

17. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

it wouldnt be stopped fast if it was a walking dead style outbreak because u need a cure for it but i agree it wouldnt be so bad because who the **** doesnt watch zombie movies or shows

18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

but also, as soon as they notice what is the source behind it. Which im sure they would fast. It would be all over tv, radio, internet, telegraph, walkie talkie, wire bucket phones made by the next door kids and megaphone.

19. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

I find it really hard to believe there is no military presence somewhere. The US army is huge and I cannot believe they would be gone in 1.5 years. I am sure many would have deserted when it appeared to be going out of control, just as the CDC guy said the CDC dispersed. But, I would think that any large military base would have had soldiers collect their families to bring them back to the base.

They would have an abundance of weapons, ammo and survival/battle field rations on a base. At least around where I live the few bases in the area are in somewhat secluded locations away from where walker hoards would be. They could easily put SWAT style teams together to do supply runs etc. Generals/officers would be very organized. The group the Governor took out were basically sitting ducks in the open, very unlikely to happen.

I grew up on a military base and it was very secure and included all amenities etc. at some point I would think Rick and the Scooby gang would encounter some dudes in fatigues.

20. miltk

miltk Member

other than the helicopter,,,no.
    but who was shooting all the people in the hospital when shane was thinking back to the day he tried to protect rick. was is police or military?