Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Deanna

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by SZQ, Mar 1, 2015.

1. SZQ

SZQ Member

A couple of quick thoughts on Deanna:

As a Congresswoman, why isn't she upholding the Constitution including the right to bear arms?

She claims to be a good reader of people. Do you think she believes Carol's schtick for a minute?

She hired a security company (our guys) to live at the AFZ.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, Carol was totally playing the lost lamb in the woods. She wants them to underestimate her, I think.

As for the constitution, Deanna didn't take their guns away totally, she just didn't want them carried on what she considers her own property. She said they could take them whenever they left the gate. I get what your saying, but technically the constitution doesn't say you can carry guns anywhere you want. If someone says, 'hey, I own this land. No guns here', you can't take guns on their land. I agree, we could argue whether she has the right to take ownership of the property, but in a ZA, I think if you build a wall around a place, you can claim it as yours.

I think its a good idea to take newcomer's guns away temporarily. But I agree, once you trust them, you should give them back, even inside the walls.

3. SZQ

SZQ Member

I think Carol is actually on the offensive by assimilating as quickly as possible so that she can infiltrate the AFZ group. She's gone deep undercover.

4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Uh oh surprise cast member on talking dead next week :X

5. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I just realized her husband

6. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I doubt she fell for dat Carol intro there. You can tell just by looking at Carol she's been through hell and back. They prolly put the "Shes a good reader of people" in there just for that reason. As you can tell Carol was the only one that was bullshitting her.

7. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Yeah -- I think Carol went a little too far with that whole Junior League stuff. LOL

8. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

No, Carol was talking about before the apocalypse, back when she was married to her abusive husband and all about how things were then and who she was in that life because she was the submissive kind, whether she wants to go back to being that type of woman is another story but I think she was telling the truth.

9. Steppin' Razor

The story she told about her past was NOT her telling the truth...

10. halcyon

halcyon Member

She said something along the lines of her missing her husband, definitely not true. She also DID speak about what she did after the outbreak, missing out details like Lizzie's death and the destruction of Terminus.
    I think Deanna would know. At the very least, she'd be slightly suspicious of Carol's story and would probably confirm her suspicions by asking other members of the group about her. There's like 13 other members, one of them would have spilled the beans.

I'm actually pretty happy with how they've portrayed Deanna. Didn't think he'd work as a she, but she captures the personality very well. The word ​slimy comes to mind.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Did we watch the same show? Carol is playing them.

12. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Yeah, look at the way she was handling the gun. There was no way that was genuine struggle.

I'm not sure if Deanna can buy the fact that she's that weak when she's handling that gun, but it's clear what Carol's intentions are.

13. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

I think Carol is a convincing liar. It's very possible that the group is protecting her. They're protecting Eugene. It isn't far-fetched. Just because her clothing is dirty doesn't mean she's killing walkerrs. I think it's actually a good idea that she's lying. I'm surprised more of the group isn't doing the same.

14. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a responsible gun ownership society in ASZ ..

Why wouldn't she believe Carol? ASZ have been largely sheltered from the ZA & gender stereotypes would still exist.

Deanna knows what she's doing, there's clearly some larger threat she's trying to protect her community from. Rick's group need a safe place and Deanna needs security..

From the way Deanna berated her son & thanked Glenn, I think Deanna knows her 'security' isn't up to the challenges that lay ahead..

She's a smart woman, this is a 'I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine' situation.

15. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Deanna is smart but she's also a politician so...I don't trust her and Carol is protecting her cubs like a Den mother. You go girl.

16. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

It seemed like everyone still had their knives, though. And Daryl definitely still had his crossbow. Not sure of the logic there.

17. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

With all that Ricks group has been through I dont know why they wouldn't all insist on carrying weapons. Bad people could scale wall and attack, people could die inside (heart attack , aneurism etc) and "walkerfy" like at prison leading to cascading effect. They dont trust each other now, but if they gain each others trust , it doesn't make any sense to not eventually try to talk Deanna into the benefits of keeping everybody armed.

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Boy do I agree!
    You are not getting my Guns while I am alive no matter what the rules are,why can they not remember Yesterday?

19. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

As @Neuropyramidal said, they do have the right to bear arms, but that doesn't mean they can carry them everywhere. That's true today, where guns are not allowed in certain areas, like schools. Besides, it's inconceivable there wasn't a declaration of martial law as society fell apart, and I doubt that anybody has issued an order revoking that. As a congresswoman, operating under that, she can basically do what she wants.

As she's interviewing all of the other members of the group it's entirely possible somebody mentions some of Carol's real background with Ed or her heroics at Terminus. I thought her interview was hilarious, but unless she let everybody else know what she was doing, it could bring trouble. On the other hand, I don't think Deanna is expecting everybody to tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so she's probably inclined to overlook it, especially since she wants something (security) from them.

#19 Kilroy was here, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  20. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

Deanna claims to be great at reading people and finding them jobs so she sticks the cripple with the bad leg on the supply run team.