Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Deanna

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by SZQ, Mar 1, 2015.

1. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

you wouldn't have to, if your neighbor was Hitler, he'd already have all the guns and you'd be banned from them.

2. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

Hitler even took Rick's gun from the blender !

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You don't get it, do you.

4. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

No, He just said Hitler doesn't get it. Hitler doesn't get a gun.

5. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Deanna can't be the shot caller in Alexandria. She is too naive. She seems to think there's a world 'out there' and a world inside the flimsy fence around her little village, which can bravely hold out. The Alexandria we've seen would be just a flimsy piece of tissue paper in the face of a gale. Whatever is preserving it isn't a few sheets of corrugated tin and Deanna's charisma. My take is that Alexandria is a resource for someone(s) else and perhaps only a few inhabitants know who really runs the place. Daryl and Carol picked that up the moment they walked through the front gate.

6. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

THIS! Never trust a politician unless you wanna become zombie food.

7. tsahi

tsahi Member

Your argument takes the discussion to a ridiculous level, which makes it tempting to ignore it altogether. But I'll try to answer it anyway.
    Firstly, guns are much more lethal than knives or a pinch in the nose. The chances of someone to die from a gun shot are much higher, and also, by the time someone goes to his kitchen to grab a knife, he might come back to his senses, or the other side gets away.
    Secondly, like @Antoine-Nagel said, it seems like the people of Alexandria are not well trained, and might do more harm than good with a gun in their hand.

8. tsahi

tsahi Member

By the Godwin's law, you just lost the argument.

9. Neuropyramidal

You actually believe what you are saying, don't you.

10. mfinley

mfinley Member

If my neighbor was Hitler, I would respect his right to own one in this world because our country was founded on a constitution. In the ZA, Hitler would simply wake up dead very quickly and no one would care.

11. mfinley

mfinley Member

History shows us that almost all dictators eventually disarm the people, it's a logical step in maintaining control of them and protecting the regime from over-throw. It's smart and logical if you're the dictator. It's a big red flag if you're the people.

That's why it's a protected right in our constitution, one major road block the founding fathers intentionally placed in the way, to preventing dictatorships or kings such as were in England at the time from being able to gain power and destroy the new republic.

12. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

BUT, Hitler ain't in our ZA and De ain't him. The "they tk r gns" argument is more akin to a wild west town to me. Here there is no overpowering government it's a small town in the middle of the wild west and in order to come into tombstone you gotta check your guns. There still yours, you can have em back when you leave. Reasonably safe thought. I can understand the desire to have a gun under your pillow at night or even to carry one around with you just in case a walker gets through the walls or another towns person passes away suddenly. I'm not sayin' gun control is how I would run the ZA but if I came into De's town I'd follow De's rules.

Maybe there is a reason the town isn't allowed to have guns, maybe the people inside have proven they can't handle the responsibility. Maybe her douche-bag son has proven he can't handle the responsibility.

13. zombiemom62

What arguement? Fact is fact, it doesn't matter what name you want to slap on it, Hitler just happens to be a well known case, unless of course you adhere to the B.S. that the Holocaust was a fairy tale and never happened. Hitler disarmed the citizens, put weapons in the control of the government and proceeded to enforce his own agenda without any real opposition from the citizens. Seems like bringing forks or words to a gun fight wasn't very promising.

14. Neuropyramidal

Good way to die.

In a ZA you do what is best to keep you alive. You change the rules, if you have to. Just like they will change the security at the wall. Change how it is structured. And change how runs are conducted. And the gun rule. That's how you live.

15. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

At this site, Godwin's Law applies to Beth Greene.

16. zombiemom62

It's the ZA, the whole world is a battle zone. Like Martin told Tyrese, just being makes you a part of it. You can't be neutral and stand at the side lines, eventually it comes to you. ASZ is ignorant of the way things are. Proof of that is letting anyone they don't trust into their walls with their weapons, like Rick said, if we had wanted to use our weapons, we would already be shooting. They should have had Guns 101 for everyone behind their walls, and everyone should have access to a way to defend themselves. If Team Prison were different, the whole town would have been taken by now, and they would have gained a nice little unused armory to boot.

17. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

That's fine, some stuff needs to be changed but not overnight. Have you ever had a new boss who come in and tries to flip the script from the beginning. Even if that person was right, or has some good ideas, they rub people the wrong way and those changes don't work out as well.

Learn what was done before, illustrate how things could be done better (not how things are done wrong) then ask the team to help you make the changes you want. It's all politics.

18. Neuropyramidal

A lot needs to be changed, including the gun rule. No one said overnight, but continuing to follow these rules because it is 'De's town' is foolish. She would need to be shown the illogic of much of her rules, and quickly.

19. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I'm guessing it's coming soon, maybe not this week, but I have a feeling the learning curve will be sharp

20. Neuropyramidal

I think so too.