Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Deanna

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by SZQ, Mar 1, 2015.

1. tsahi

tsahi Member

I try to. When was the last time you heard of someone getting killed by a pinch? Outside of the Star Trek universe, I mean.

2. tsahi

tsahi Member

The citizens of Germany would not have resisted Hitler even if they had guns. In fact, they were mostly happy with him, because he did have some successful moves in the economy, he returned Germany some of it's self respect, and through massive propaganda, he persuaded enough people that Jews are not really humans, and are the blame for all their troubles, and therefore it's OK to put them in Ghettos (most Germans didn't know what happened to the Jews after they were taken from the ghettos).

Also, if the US government would want to do something the people don't want, the weapons in the hands of citizens won't help them to resist it anyway. The government has overwhelming power, which is the United States Armed Forces. A few guns in the hands of citizens won't stop it. If anything, the National Guard is the only force capable of putting up any kind of resistance to the federal government, and that's a good enough militia, as your constitution specifies, as far as I'm concerned.

Note 1: I'm Jewish, you don't need to tell me about the holocaust.
    Note 2: I'm not American, and don't live there, if it wasn't clear.

3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

If it comes down to my life or the life of my family, I'll be damned glad to have a gun in my hand to defend myself or them, especially when the 'bad guys' usually have one in their hand as they are coming thru your door. Would I enjoy shooting someone? NO! Do I want to shoot someone?NO! Would I shoot someone when I have reason to fear for my life or that of a loved one? YES and unfortunately that's the way it is now days. You aren't safe in your own home, driving down the street in your car, etc, etc. And that's why I'm glad we have the constitution.

4. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

bad guys wont come when youre expecting them, they wont let you time to grab your gun and load it, theyre used to hold a gun in such a situation and they dont panic like you d probably do. And if they take a member of your family as hostage, all you can do is drop your weapon.
    Now what if you kill an unarmed intruder or someone who makes you a bad joke or a surprise ? What if your kid borrows your gun ?

Fear is not a way of living. It s merely surviving with constant trauma.

#144 Antoine Nagel, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  5. tsahi

tsahi Member

In my country, where guns are illegal without a permit, burglars don't carry guns. you know why? because they know that if they get caught, they don't need an extra charge of carrying an illegal weapon to the list of charges.

6. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I don't live in fear, because I am prepared, and it's not anything I dwell on. No one I know would play a 'joke' on me and pretend to be an intruder. They know they might get shot. And an unloaded gun isn't worth spit. First step for an intruder would be to get through my dogs without alerting the whole house. Then to still enter after they have been warned there was a gun on them. It's a pretty good deterrent.

in my country where murder, rape, robbery, etc, is illegal, the criminals don't care that the gun they own illegally is also a crime, they come prepared and ready to use it. Lucky you to live in a country where the criminals are upstanding enough to follow the gun laws.

7. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

I'm that guy who is mad that zombiemom shot Santa Claus :Grin:

#147 Antoine Nagel, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015