Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Deanna's "Read People Well" and "Poker" Comments

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by FutureApocalyps, Mar 2, 2015.

1. FutureApocalyps

She seems like she has an agenda we don't know about yet. She's almost intentionally flattering the group and it makes me somewhat distrustful. Plus, she was a politician before the Z.A. and I've never heard of a politician that didn't have self centered motives and believe that they were smarter than all the rest of us fools.

Anyone else get bad vibes about the super nice and trusting Deanna?

2. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

I don't trust her at all. I'm not sure what her end game is, but she was way too complimentary and quick to tease and be "one of the guys" with them. Carol is right to try to deceive her (and I'll be curious to see if she succeeds). I sense there will be tension between her and Daryl because he won't conform (and, in her efforts to "figure him out," I think she will find the book he took in "Consumed" about surviving abuse and that she will bring that up.) I think she might try to divide the group - again, to what aims, I don't know. She was pretty quick to turn on her son in favor of Glenn without really knowing the situation; seemed too eager to please. I don't think Rick fully trusts her either, which is good. And the filming the interviews thing is creepy.

I also don't know if I buy her claim that reads people well. Along with Carol, she sent Noah - who is very badly hobbled from multiple broken bones in his leg to the point where Aaron recommends he see their surgeon - out as a supply runner.

#2 Spartangal22, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  3. gracelesswalker

gracelesswalker New Member

I can completely see Deanna trying to make Daryl as uncomfortable as possible to get him to leave voluntarily. Even if she isn't up to no good, he's unpredictable to her and appears unable to adapt. I forsee this leading to him living on the outside, not willing to fully move on but outside of this community. Then, when whichever group comes knocking on the gates to attack first, he can either sneak in a la Enid's way or take the first group out silently from the outside. Just hopefully this won't lead to some sort of redeeming swan song moment that leads to you know what character journey wise.

As for putting Noah on a run, she could have been further testing the group or even her own son/lacky team. Or she could see more in him resilience wise than we do currently. This kid did manage to jump and trap Daryl and Carol outside the hospital. He has a raw, undeveloped ability to become like Glenn (in and out with less attention getting methods than say Michonne or Abraham. ) His leg isn't a new injury, so he's at least adjusted to it.

4. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

she is bad because she is a tyrant and will likely abuse her power, i.e., she is not a benevolent ruler

5. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I think its another case of fantastic casting. She is perfectly politician like. I give you jobs and you take all the risks. She must be smart though, to be the leader of that group, despite the lack of any discernible muscle in ASZ. And she said that she expelled 3 people from ASZ presumably they wouldn't have left amicably? I like her.

6. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I don't really think she's bad, but you never know. The writers might be setting her up to be taken over by Rick, if she really is bad.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Politicians try and be all things to all people. She didn't strike me as a particularly bad person, and she did manage to get the walls up and keep things running without making the place a living hell, so she's not all bad. I agree with Graceless that she's probably hoping to subtly give Daryl the heave-ho. He obviously doesn't WANT to fit in to their society.

Her biggest failing IMO is taking people's guns away for internal safety, and not realizing the danger that puts them in from outside sources. All it would take is a well armed group of bandits to drive a heavy truck through their gate and they'd lose most of their people without even being able to fire back. She hasn't internalized what Rick told her about how the world is now, and thinks life is still like it used to be, where a couple of cops can keep them safe.

8. typicalmoviefan

typicalmoviefan New Member

Yes, she does have an agenda: it's to begin civilization again. Lol

The problem is that she's a bit idealistic and doesn't know that Rick is the harbringer of death. Lol