Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Deserve to be executed?

Discussion in 'Episode 215 - North' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They were going execute Travis. Given that fact that Elena has been forgiven for locking the entire wedding party in, and Ilene was still living there despite intentionally stabbing an innocent person, is there some hypocrisy going on? If so, who is the biggest hypocrite? The wedding party? Elena herself?

#1 Neuropyramidal, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I totally thought they were going to do it. In the Live Threads (bathroom according to you :p)......I was saying....................THEY ARE GOING TO KILL BOTH CHRIS AND TRAVIS!!!!! and I almost wish they did. But I still loved Travis' COME TO JESUS moment.

Sorry still on a high from the finale.

I didn't even address your question. :p

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Tough call.

Travis was clearly in a blind rage and inadvertently dealt a fatal injury to that group member.

I found it ironic that Elena wanted to exile Travis so quickly despite Madison fought to keep her in the hotel despite her locking the wedding party in that ballroom to get bit, die, and turn. Was that casualty her cousin, or was she on a power trip? With Madison gone, she get's to be in charge.

4. BlackLightning

Elena agreed to Madison's deal because Madison fought on her behalf. Not a power trip.

Hector and the others were just very upset. And they had a right to be. The injustice of it all was egregious.

Travis did deserve to die for what he did. But just because someone deserves something, it doesn't always mean that they should get what they deserve.

5. PepperAnn

Yup that was my issue too. Madison walked in on a shitload of shit and she was willing to let it slide due to circumstance. And had it not been for her, Elena would be ****ed, and yet.......... lol

6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I don't think Travis should have been executed, but def exiled for what he did. He was in a blind rage - we have to DBs who MURDERED Travis' (annoying crazy psychotic) beloved son, so Travis was clearly out of it. But it's a shame he had to hurt Oscar. Oscar was a good guy. Poor Oscar. But executed? Nah. Exiled yes.

7. Rapscallion

You know what they say about good deeds. Tonight, it finally happened to Madison.

8. NotDeanna

NotDeanna New Member

Travis did the hotel group a big favor by killing B&D. However, killing Oscar was unforgivable. According to the "Rule", he should have been exiled immediately, and he and Madison were stupid for not seeing the potential for retaliation if they stayed overnight. I doubt Travis would have been allowed by Rick et al to live if he'd done the same thing on TWD.

I think Elena had wanted to get rid of Madison ever since she accosted the drug dealers and turned on the hotel lights drawing a crowd. Elena saw Madison as dangerous and needing to leave.

9. Rapscallion

Seasons 1-4 Rick would've forgiven Travis. Season 5-6 would've personally kicked Travis out of Alexandria.

Thanks for mentioning Elena's reactions to Madison confronting the gang leader about Chris, and turning on the hotel's lights. When Madison told Elena she and Alicia would leave with Travis, Elena didn't try to stop her; she wanted all of them gone.

10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Exiled yes, executed no. ESPECIALLY not by some schmoe. If that guy were to kill travis it would be like Father Gabriel executing someone in Alexandria and having the authority to do so. He doesn't have that authority, only Rick would have it. Similar only Elena would have authority to execute someone or her, and the doctor guy would have to agree to an execution. Travis did not deserve to be executed without consent from the other leaders of the hospital group. They all agreed to exile him. Anyone breaking that agreement ALSO deserves to be exiled because they would be commiting violence just like Travis did.

11. OceanWitch

OceanWitch New Member

I have no problem with Travis beating to death, those two big piles of garbage that showed up. They deserved, and had that coming to them. Everyone else should have stepped aside and let him have fun with them. However, because of an innocent person getting killed in the wrath, this would suggest him to be very unstable/out of control person, and possibly a threat to everyone else should he stay. Then again, so was that psycho that stabbed Strand, and she was allowed to remain. They should have given a week to see if he could recover from this, re-evaluate and if he still seemed like a danger, exile. On that note, I wonder how they are going to handle the nutcase with the knife they already have locked up. At least it can be said Travis lost it, when he realized the scum murdered his son (as any parent might), but what's her excuse and how will she be deemed safe enough to be around others?

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

To quote Clint Eastwood as Ned "Deserves got nothing to do with it"!

13. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

Agree Travis beating those two weasels was cathartic for me...

Chris deserved to die (would have liked a better death though)

But those two punks deserved to die exactly the way they did.. being beaten to death.. Now they got to see first hand the "harsh reality" they kept harping on about when everything was all well and good for them...

people bash or look down on morality or codes of honor until they are the ones getting their face smashed into the pavement by someone tougher bigger and angrier.. and sometimes even numbers cant help you..there were numbers outside that door, and all those people could do was stand outside the room and look .. helpless...and that made Travis killing them all the more badass...

As far as the Hotel, I'm glad our main cast is gone.. that Hotel sucked, was a horrible backdrop.. every scene reminded me of being on vacation in south florida.. I want to see gothic, grimey, apocalypse flavored sets... not swimming pools, verandas, balconies and glass walled ballrooms

14. Znuts

Znuts Member

I don't think Travis deserved to be up for execution. Elena did much worse and cause dozens of people to be killed and yet she's still there, so it was in bad taste for her to be so quick to exile Travis, Maddie and Alicia (who helped Elena get to Oscar). The hotel won't make it much longer I think. In fighting will take the place down.

15. Poppy

Poppy Member

THIS: "They all agreed to exile him. Anyone breaking that agreement ALSO deserves to be exiled because they would be committing violence just like Travis did"
    Is a very good point!

AND Oscar, attacked Travis by breaking a chair over his back! That's a little more than just trying to restrain him a bit. It could be argued that Travis was defending himself from Oscar.

16. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

100%, he killed three people, right or wrong. Their brother was murdered, say what you like about the other two. It could have been a good twist to have him killed actually: the focus could have been put back onto Madison and Alicia.

17. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Wow -- we finally saw the inner Travis! A man of peace pushed far beyond his limits by two pieces of garbage who killed the son he tried so hard to save from them. If he had a fair trial -- not vigilante justice -- he would never be convicted of murder or given the death penalty. What Travis did --as brutal and out of control as it was, qualifies as justifiable -- under the circumstances -- in my opinion. These two p.-ant punks would have caused unmitigated grief, death and harm to everyone around them, just like they did to their friend Baby James and to Chris, to the shopkeepers where Chris ran into them and to who knows who before that.

My question is simple -- we know Travis is a talented, skilled survivor. Now -- I see Travis as a leader. He finally understands that in this world, right and might need to walk hand-in-hand. Will the show take him in this direction?

18. PepperAnn

God I hope so. It would REALLY be stupid for him to continue to be the way he was after what has happened.

19. Poppy

Poppy Member

Yeah.. I was thinking that Maddie, or perhaps Strand could have argued that the exile rule was made "off the cuff" and that they should come up with a jury style of justice for bigger crimes. Perhaps they were thinking that they would have more time to make their argument.

Oh well... I guess it doesn't matter, other than losing Strand. Eventually they'll get North of the border.

20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The Hotel isn't going to last. Moving on was not a bad idea.