Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dexter Morgan

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - The Grove' started by ellisfella, Mar 19, 2014.

1. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

I was intrigued by what Carol said to Ty after they'd found Mika's body. She said it was the way Lizzie was even before... Was she saying basically that Lizzie was born as a serial killer, and it's what she would have been regardless of the ZA, kinda like a female Dexter Morgan?

I always put it down to the trauma of the ZA messing her brain up and basically sending her crazy, but it would appear, if Carol was right, that she had a "dark passenger" with her anyway?!

2. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

I've never seen Dexter, so I can't speak to the "dark passenger' thing.

What I think she meant was before the Prison fell. As in, it wasn't the trauma of losing their home and being force back on the road. Carol was saying that she saw the signs, while they still had a stable living environment.

3. E_Harris

E_Harris Member

I think that she was just referring to her mindset when it came to seeing zombies as still being people from before. Carol if I remember right has known about this since the prison, and has somewhat ignored it to an extent. Although after a point she was kicked out and had no say when it came to Lizzie. But I think she pretty much kept it to herself which didn't help anything.

4. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

I wouldn't say she was 'serial killer material' before the ZA, but there had to have been something wrong with this girl already and the ZA just made it a whole lot worse.
    I like to believe the 'looking at the flowers' was some sort of relaxation method that she had been thaught by a therapist whenever she started acting out or panicking or whatever. It seemed like Mika was so used to handling her sister when there was something bad going on. It might've been something that they have been doing their entire lives.

5. Zombieland

Zombieland Member

I don't want to copy and paste, but in my other post I pretty much say the same thing. I agree that there was probably always something wrong with Lizzie.

6. Roddan

Roddan New Member

She was propably born with it and it all came to life with the Zombies.

7. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

When she was crying because walker got killed not because her father got killed it was obvious she couldn't understand reality.

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

9. Machete

Machete Active Member

Even Dexter wasn't "born" a serial killer. He had a traumatic event when he was a child that created his "dark passenger."

10. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

11. HeadlessHershel

Lizzie never tried to hurt a living person except when she was defending the prison and when she tried to protect her dead sister from Carol. Lizzie had every opportunity to kill other adults and children at the prison and she did not.

12. WhoisJohnGalt?

As a big fan of both shows, I really like this theory and it makes sense. Both Dexter and Lizzie could have been born somewhat normal; but due to traumatic events in their lives (the ZA for Lizzie), a "dark passenger" skewed their views of reality