Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dexter

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by RIPRV, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Agreed. I loved the show, but I hated the ending. I'm not really sure why they feel the need to revive the series. Especially after a relatively short frame of time from the end of the series till now. Are they trying to make amends to the fans for the bad ending? I hope not. That's a bold move if so. Because they could push fans further away if they make another mistake with the story. Sometimes it's best to let the sleeping dog lay. Someone else can reboot the series someday and they can have a chance to right the wrongs of that horrible ending.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I agree. I hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the butt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. southernlady

Dexter: New Blood. Sunday, November 7 at 9 PM ET. I'll be watching!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That last season was a complete dumpster fire, but I'm glad that they're revisiting the series to try and salvage it. If this show had ended after Season 4, when Dexter returned home to find Rita dead after killing Trinity, this would've been regarded as one of the best series of all time.

I like the trailers I've seen. It has the feel of those early seasons. I'm excited about it too, and willing to give them another chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. southernlady

I am hoping for a series redemption! The trailers look good so my fingers are crossed. Sunday night is also the season premiere of Yellowstone, that cliffhanger was awesome and has everyone guessing!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stealth

I've been watching the awful FTWD on Sundays, so that now moves to the backburner for Dexter. I think having Deb play the role Harry had in the original run is a good move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. southernlady

To be honest, I've lost all interest in any of TWD. I 'may' watch the final episode just because, but the show was ruined for me when they killed Carl and then carted Rick off in the helicopter.

I have been watching the Dexter marathon gearing up for the show. I'm really excited! And I agree with you on bringing Deb back :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

I had high hopes for this season after seeing the trailers, and even with that the premiere exceeded my expectations. I was surprised with how much we got in that first episode. It lulled you in too because it started very slow but then quickly picked up the pace in the last 1/3 of the show.

They wasted no time with Dexter reuniting with Harrison which I thought was smart. Deb filling Harry's role works perfectly.

It has the feel of the old show, yet Dexter has changed in some ways so it's different too. The main thing though is you feel the story is being true to the character, which we didn't have in those past couple of seasons.

There were so many little things they worked in too, like Dexter deciding not to take trophies anymore.

The Matt Caldwell character was the perfect person to have Dexter flip to his old self. He was like a living wrecking ball damaging nearly every person he came into contact with. You could see where it would be impossible for Dexter to stifle the urge to kill him.

The deer scene also worked in perfectly as the final catalyst. Lots of symbolism there too that they did very well.

I rarely rate shows anymore, but this one was a clear 10. Excellent start to the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. southernlady

I didn't watch it until last night, but yeah I loved it! Deb as his dark passenger was a stroke of genius and I am pleasantly surprised at the chemistry the still exists between Michael and Jennifer even though they divorced years ago. Both are excellent actors!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stealth

I remember reading at the time of their breakup that it was an amicable divorce they're still friends. I really enjoyed their scenes together too. That line about how she was glad she died first was really a powerful moment in a strong episode.

We're also going to get John Lithgow in the series. He'll be filling the role Dexter's brother did in the original. Those two were amazing together in Season 4.

It's great to be excited about a series for a change after all the many disappointments in TV in the past few years (GOT, TWD etc).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. southernlady

OMG John Lithgow - that will be amazing! I don't think anyone could have played the Trinity killer better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stealth

Another strong episode. Harrison is working seamlessly into the story. I liked how Dexter was thrilled with how he had pulled it all off, only to have Matt's father arrive and get them to extend the search. He still hasn't disposed of the body either.

Right now I think Matt's father is the prime suspect as the one who has been abducting the girls.

I also think Harrison isn't telling his father the whole truth. Something is up there. He also spent time in Miami.

I believe the police chief is going to eventually figure out Dexter's true identity. As his voiceover said in the recent episode "unfortunately she's a good cop." The thing is though they never figured out Dexter was a serial killer. He only faked his own death. So since she's secretive too, it probably won't be a big deal for her. She wasn't bothered by the Harrison revelation.

Also, another thing I'm keeping in mind is that Dexter had a habit of drawing bad and troubled people to him. So we could have some interesting twists along the way.

Great start. Really enjoying it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. southernlady

K so I'm finally caught up!!

Harrison - with his slip the past comes out. I do wonder how "Jim" will explain this away, mostly how he explains leaving Harrison and who Harrison was with.

Kurt I'm having trouble figuring out. Your theory was correct, but what is his motive behind telling the chief that Matt is alive and in NYC? I'm confused here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stealth

I think it's because the chief was looking to expand the search for Matt into an area where he's probably placed the bodies of the girls he's killed.

Dexter is good at lying. The bottom line is he was never on the run because he's a killer. No one expects that. He can just say that after Deb's death he wanted to disappear. Everyone around him got killed, Rita, Deb etc. and he didn't think Harrison would be safe with him. So it explains two problems at once for him. Whether or not she accepts it and stays with him, due to the lie is one thing, but I think he can adequately explain WHY he lied.

15. Stealth

We're now moving into the endgame of the season. I'm starting to think it'll be Harrison that kills Kurt. I also believe the podcaster is going to figure out who Dexter is, but she's going to let it go because he saved her life. And as who he is, I mean Dexter Morgan from the Miami PD, not the guy who killed scores of people.

There's going to be some crazy twist I believe toward the end too, maybe Harrison killing someone who doesn't fit Dexter's code.

So far the season continues to be well done.

16. Stealth

Dexter finale this Sunday. The second half of the season hasn't been as good as the first. They've gotten sloppy. Angela is Googling info on the Bay Harbor Butcher and Dexter's gunshot wound to the leg has miraculously gone away.

It's nowhere near final season bad, but everything now feels rushed.