Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dexter

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by RIPRV, Jul 1, 2013.

1. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Yeah, it rocks Dexter is still kicking it! I don't see why now he couldn't have a change of heart & go to Argentina to be w/Harrison & Hannah. I could see a Dexter movie in the making in a few years...

2. ThatGuy0965

ThatGuy0965 Member

Of course people are unhappy with the finale of dexter... I agree the show was kinda getting dragged along but the final season seemed pretty good compared to the couple before it. Fans almost always seem unsastified with the final episode for every show...
    Go watch the 8 seasons of weeds and its series finale and compare it to all 8 seasons of Dexter and its series finale, you'll boldly see how much better Dexter was orchestrated. Fans hatred for series finales obviously stem from their inner hatred that their enjoyable show is ending. People always think they could write better series finales to wrap up their shows. Dexters final episode was a tragic ending to the beloved (beloved for us sick minded :zombies_lol:) series, but not a poorly written ending...

#102 ThatGuy0965, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  3. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Scott Buck and his writers should be embarrassed on how they ended Dexter especially with this whole season. That's all I will say.

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Compare it to the season finale when Dex found Rita dead and Harrison sitting in a pool of her blood. That was the best season and finale the show had. The series finale wasn't horrid but it was damn unsatisfying in my opinion. I don't know if you watched the show Spartacus but that's how you end a series. That show had the best finale I've ever seen.

5. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

Terrible. Debra is killed off, but Skanknugget Hannah Mckay lives on? blah. Dex abandons Harrison with skank. gag. And the dozens of plot holes held together by cheap recycled paper makes me want to visit a vomitarium.

Dex the lumberjack... ****ing lameass bull shit. season 8: 1.5/10

6. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

There is too much dislike for Dexter becoming a lumberjack. But one needs to ask oneself, what does it symbolize? A lumberjack is someone that works primarily with their physical body. There is not a whole lot of thinking going on, which is in stark contrast to Dex's previous occupation as a blood spatter analyst, an occupation that requires sharp observation, prudence, and pattern recognition. So Dex becoming a lumberjack actually represents his transformation from a thinking, rational machine to a mere vessel-- a shell of his former self. Since his entire story in the final season centered around him developing compassionate feelings, he is bound to feel regret for his past mistakes, which ended up getting innocent people like Doakes, Rita, LaGuerta, and (ironically his final victim) Debra killed. He will, in all likelihood, live out his days in endless misery for his actions. That is what makes the ending so goddamn tragic.

I can't believe many fans missed the point of the ending.

#106 Stuff&Thangs, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  7. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

It was as lame as a limp dick.

8. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

I just started watching Dexter last night. Very interesting TV show for sure. I'm about 5 episodes into Season 1 and totally hooked.

9. Strawberry

Strawberry Member

Awesome! You're in for a good time. Enjoy!

10. ABCdude

ABCdude Member

It has the best writing in a show I've ever seen , absolutely worth the watch!
    9.45/10

11. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Thanks! I actually had to stop reading reading at the first page of posts in this thread. I don't want any spoilers.

One minute till I get off work, then a quick hair trimming and back to Dexter.

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The show reaches its height in Season 4. That one is one of the best single seasons of any show I've ever seen.

Then it starts a decline. And unfortunately the final season is complete garbage.

13. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

It seams that way for a lot of shows. Once it gets into season 4, 5 and 6 they really just start a decline. Maybe it's a "we hit 100 episode and now we don't care as much" type thing. Kind of like Fringe, they had an extremely short final 5th season with a two hour finale split into two episodes played back to back so they'd hit 100 episodes.

Anyway, Thanks for the heads up.

14. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Finished the first season last night. I like it so far. It will be interesting to see what happens in the second season.

15. Melo

Melo Active Member

dexter is for sure one of my top 5 favorite tv shows, season 4 is my favorite but it's true the last seasons aren't that good, but still great tv show!

16. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

It's a good show so far. Deb bugs the crap out of me. She is just soooo dumb. I just finished Season 2. I was honestly losing interest as the season went on but the ending was pretty good.

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Season 3 isn't the strongest really, but in retrospect it's probably better than anything after 4.

Just make sure you don't give up on the show until you see Season 4. You won't regret it.

18. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Just finished Season 3. Glad to be done with that mess. Can't wait to get started on the Oh So Popular Season 4.

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I keep wanting to look in this thread but I am currently binge watching and am halfway through season 3 and I don't want any spoilers so I just skipped down to the quick reply box with my eyes closed. :p Kinda in a lull....season 3 is boring me. I loved season 2 and blew through that and season 1 pretty quickly. Someone tell me season 3 is worth the fight? Dexter's little dance with the Assistant DA is really starting to drag.

20. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

Season 4 was easily the best season. Seasons 5 was mediocre. Season 6 was God awful. Season 7 was a good, solid rebound season. Season 8 was decent/subpar.

Even at its weakest, Dexter was still a pretty intriguing show.