Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Amy recognize Andrea?

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Wildfire' started by Walkers Ate Me, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Walkers Ate Me

That's the way they made it seem, but as Jenner said, walkers have no recollection of the past. Amy did seem somewhat gentle as she was awakening, almost as if she did temporarily remember her sister. What do you guys think?

2. Shallow Grave

Shallow Grave Member

Hmm, this is quite interesting. I have also noticed that about that moment. But also in others freshly "awakening" into reanimation.

I think the gentle look is being misread, more specifically to the loved ones viewing the process.

Instead, I think for the zombie, it is a state of adjustment and confusion. Like a micro-moment for the instict to realize, "Oh shit, FOOD!" Also that innate knowledge that they are predator and the living prey. Predators instinctively know that dinner is going to put up way more of a fight than hover over their faces willingly, but that confusion will subside quickly as the insatiable hunger sets in.

#2 Shallow Grave, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Wow, Shallow, you explained that really well. I think you hit the nail on the head.

4. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I concur. Very well said.

Saying that, this is a good topic for discussion. I'd often wondered if she'd recognized her, too.

5. Pharris

Pharris Member

I agree with shallow grave here - The way it seems, the walkers are really not connected to former memories, at least in that regard. I dont think Amy would have 'spared' Andrea because of some latent memory of her sister. The only 'retained memory' that I think they may have is simply how to turn a doorknob (as shown in the pilot) how to walk up steps, etc.

Then again, remember, this is a TV show, and a lot of times 'rules' are simply disregarded for the sake of compelling story.

6. Shallow Grave

Shallow Grave Member

Oh man. Those are the kinds of things that will drive me to suicide in a zombie apocalypse. Please...please let them be completely lacking in motor skills and hand-eye coordination.

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I don't think that she recognized her. She was just a lunch for her, nothing else. But I think that Jenner wasn't a completely genius knowing every little detail about walkers.

Who knows, maybe he said those things about walkers, but we still don't know the whole truth.

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I think there was a slight moment of recognition, then that lead into full zombie mode.

9. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I thought the same. Because it's a same story as Morgan's wife.

10. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

I 100% agree with this. Just like the tests done in later episodes, they do not retain any memory.