Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

DId anyone notice...

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by Monty70, Oct 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Monty70

Monty70 Member

Did anyone notice the conversation when the Governor first enters the lab building. Upon entering, the Governor asks the scientist "Are you done with your homework assignment?" (Michonne's pet walkers) The scientist replies that "the dog (merle) has already eaten everything." This comment starts an argument between the scientist and Merle that the Governor squelches by comparing them to school children. (he asks Merle "are you going to take his lunch money too?")

What exactly was it that Merle was eating? I didn't see any meat sources in the Woodbury compound.

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

He was just making the joke that Merle was being annoying. I believe he also mentions that Merle was about to smoke in the lab, which should be a big no-no.

3. loud2004marquis

Then again, people do like to smoke after a meal.

4. mermaidgirl

mermaidgirl Member

I was confused by that exchange too...maybe we should go back and have a closer look as to what was going on while the conversation was taking place.

5. Creepy

Creepy Member

They're building a conflict between the two characters and preparing for the Merle & Milton spinoff show. Whacky hi jinx ensue when these two unlikely roommates are paired by happenstance. Will brainy Milton ever discover the recipe for love? Will Merle tear out his spine and play it like a xylophone? Tune in each week for big laughs.

6. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

LOL good one creepy!

I have no idea if he was eating anything, i thought it was a reference / spin off of "the dog ate my homework" refering to Merle as a dog (trained working dog) the scientist then complains about the smoking. soon as Merle is out of there, the scientist mentions how ever tool box needs a hammer, but your hammer isn't the right tool for every job.

I think the scientist just really hates Merle, and apparently Merle antaganizes the scientist. probably knowing the governor wouldn't let him Hurt the scientist, but anything short of that only gets a scolding....

7. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I thought this too, when I first heard it. I actually thought that the scientist was answering the Gov that he did does his homework but that the dog had eaten it. Which to me meant that Merle had destroyed or ruined whatever the scientist was working on. I would really like to see that exchange again to understand it better.

8. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

I get the joke. Never heard the phrase: teacher: Where's your homework? Student: My dog ate my homework. It's old phrase, that a lot of people used. It's like inside joke.