Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Carol see Paula as herself in the future?

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by bluesfan, Mar 14, 2016.

1. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

I kinda got that vibe when Paula was describing her history. I think that scared Carol. I think this was one of the top ten best episodes of the show.

2. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

most definitely. I think you could tell that Carol doesn't want to stop caring the way Paula has (or says she has).

3. EvieE

EvieE Member

I definitely think Paula was who Carol could have been had she been in Negan's group, but some of the fearful act was just that, an act. I do believe that Carol's conscience is getting the better of her though, she took Sam's death pretty hard

4. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I think the part that hit home with Carol, is when Paula mentioned she stopped caring when her kill count reached double digits.

5. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

For sure Carol identified a little too much with Paula and that scared the shit out of her. I think she's trying to find that balance between doing what she can to survive and not becoming a complete monster. That's why she said that she's not ok to Daryl. She hasn't found that yet.

6. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

Well said.

7. GermanZombie

GermanZombie New Member

I Think Carol was scared about Paula's missing compassion. Carol still has compassion.

8. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Paula's story was a mirror of Carol's life. At least the way that Carol has seen her life. There were some deliberate examples.
    Paula had 4 children that didn't make it. =So did Carol, Sophia, Lizzy, Mika, Sam.
    Paula got coffee for an "A-hole" and had to evacuate with him. = Carol had to wait on Ed hand and foot and had to evacuate like he said. (I remember him getting mad when she shared food with Carl.)
    Paula just used the wounded guy as someone in her bed but she could kill him in her sleep. = Wonder how many times Carol wanted to kill her husband in his sleep. And actually drove a pickaxe into his head at the end.
    I think that Paula said she was with her boss 10+ years. =Carol was with Ed the same amount. (she worried about Sophia reaching puberty and Ed watching her)

I think that's why the title of this episode is "The Same Boat",.

I'm going to rewatch Paula's speech very carefully. I think there's alot of tie-ins with Carol that could be missed.

9. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

I also think about Carol's scene with Tobin when he says "you're like a mom".

I think that resonated with her, I think since Sophia, then Lizzy and Mika, and Sam she's tried to stop being a mom, and forget that part of her life.

10. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Very good point. I forgot about Tobin.