Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Daryl's plan help the Saviors?

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Weallgotit, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I saw this as another example of these smart characters making dumb assed decisions. It seemed like a suicide mission. So many are going away from Rick's main plan. It looked to me like Rick saw that the saviors have gained control and are probably on their way to the ASZ. If this is the case, not only is Rick's plan completely screwed but so are some of the Alexandrians.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

Yes. Rick will soon be telling Daryl: “This is another fine mess you’ve gotten me into “.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ufmelissa824

ufmelissa824 New Member

I have a hard time believing the Saviors have already gained control. The fact that there are no walkers aimlessly wondering around outside the building shows that they are all inside feasting on and chasing after the workers and probably some Saviors as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I don't know about that by the back of the truck there lied dead walkers.. which would be the last of them because they funneled inside until no more could fit. They probably used most if thier ammo clearing walkers out

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yup. I think with the walkers inside, the core saviors escaped.

This could be the end for Daryl. Maybe that's the shocker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I disagree. I think the saviours would've found a way to escape. I mean the group is lucky the speaker plan got stopped and that Dwight stopped Eugene's original plan.

Rick's plan was good but it had such a huge chance of failing because of how long it was going to take to execute.

If all it took was the saviours letting the walkers inside they could've done that themselves. Daryls plan would've worked if it was more of the group involved. Running a truck into the building and then leaving before making sure the walkers killed the people inside was the dumb part to me. Not the plann

7. yuke

yuke Member

I'd say yes. It looks like the Saviors took out one of Rick's snipers so it appears they were able to take care of the zombies. I think Daryl's plan empowered Eugene to do more to help the Saviors including making ammo for them.

#7 yuke, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

I know the writers were trying to portray Daryl's recklessness as a reason for the Saviors escaping...but why this convoluted mess? By flooding their compound with walkers...it inspired Eugene to make extra bullets for them? Ok...

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I do not think Daryl's plan helped the Saviours to escape. Even without the plan, Eugene will figure one way or another. Actually, his plan might even have hurt the Saviours a little more before they escape, eg wasting ammo on the walkers.

10. cycles

cycles Member

If ramming the compound with a garbage truck was a good idea, why wasn’t it discussed during the first planning meeting with Rick, Maggie and Ezekiel. They could have had a full contingent of snipers ready. This seemed more like Daryl being impulsive.

The season was going well until Rick and Dary had their wrestling match instead of working to salvage what they could of the machine gun. Then Rick strolled off alone to the Heapsters and Daryl rode off to execute his poorly thought out plan. Neither act made much sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Rick's plan was to trap the saviors inside, cut off their supplies and contain them. Wait a few days and offer the savior lieutenants a chance to surrender, again. Figuring with no way to escape and no supplies, they would turn on Negan. The workers would rise up helping the lieutenants make that decision to surrender and hand over Negan easier.

With Daryl ramming the truck into the compound it gave them an opportunity to escape and forced them to work together to solve the problem.

The last part of Rick's plan was to come back to the sanctuary with the heapsters and the rest of the fighters (meet back in 2 days) and give them a last chance to surrender. Obviously that doesn't happen now and Rick is unaware of what happened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I don't know. How could could filling the Sanctuary with walkers be a bad idea? They use their ammo up, walkers kill a bunch of Saviors etc. The walkers did the job for them. We'll see next week.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It absolutely helped them. They may have found a way to escape eventually, but probably not before the last phase of the plan. Who knows how that phase would have gone, but it more than likely would have gone better than it's about to go. Damnit Derl!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think I have made my feelings about Daryl and his recklessness well known
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I just can't grasp how he thought this was a good idea. How was it not obvious that the bottom floor "workers" would get the brunt of it while the lieutenants upstairs would come out ok? I just...I know Daryl is more braun than brain, but i even thought he was smarter than that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Weallgotit

I agree 100%. The biggest problem here is so many of the team saying "Screw working with everyone else. I gotta get my vengeance right now." It leads to these dumb decisions that will get the others killed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Weallgotit

So right. I'll be very interested to see Rick's reaction when he finds out Daryl led this considering their fight. Especially with Negan headed straight for ASZ to attack his family.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

After losing almost all of the kingdom soldiers, Eric, and many others...after spending time naked in a shipping container, and fighting off Winslow 2.0 while in his underwear, finally convincing the garbage people to join them, only to find that Negan & his lieutenants have escaped because of Daryl? I would not want to be Daryl right now.

Edit: Now i'm wondering if the flash forward sequence with Rick saying "may my mercy prevail over my wrath" is more geared toward wanting to kill Daryl because of someone he loses because of the Saviors escaping.

#18 Jen7, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It also was being built up that Ricks plan was working from the inside at the Sanctuary to make it eve a bigger dumb action from Daryl.
    There was the quick scene between Eugene and Barcode Neck Savior Girl about how much longer they thought they might hold out,the talk about being surrounded and with Snipers on high ground against them and they were barring the doors against the weight of the Walkers too.
    It was being made to seem that Ricks plan was working after all before Daryl's Breakthrough with the truck.

I thought is was interesting too that this is pretty much how the Wolves attacked Alexandria by driving a big truck through the wall to let in the Dead.

I wonder which event was more precarious for those inside?

The Sanctuary is a natural killing field from an elevated position as long as there is enough ammo to get the job done while Alexandria had to go Hand to Hand when it happened there.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Weallgotit

Yes!! So much insult to injury. Rick's plan was not moving fast enough for some, but it was working. It could possibly have worked if loose cannon Daryl and Terrible Tara did not make this move. Now we will never know.