Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Daryl's plan help the Saviors?

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Weallgotit, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Haha Dumbass Daryl and Terrible Tara

2. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I still don't understand how the saviors could escape with a few snipers about. regular guns vs hidden snipers, snipers will win that battle every time. Morgan could easily snipe Negan as he tries to escape the compound.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

Once enough walkers went into the compound, the amount of walkers outside would be few enough for a bunch of people to try and escape.

This was not an option before because it would mean that a lot of the saviors' people would die. The workers wouldn't go for that. The higher ups wouldn't either because it would be every man for himself.

But then the decision was made for them. So they all out because it's safer than staying inside. Some die from walkers. Some die from snipers. Many live to fight another day. And the compound, including the workers, are united against an enemy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering about the snipers too. The saviors clearly got to them somehow as Rick discovered at the water tower.

• Like Like x 1
  5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

And that c
    That center doorway seemed to come from the balcony too where the walkers could not get helping to make that possible.
    Didn't it also look like a double wall of dead from the stairs outside thru the fence line?

I wonder if they stacked them there to keep the path more clear when they went.

6. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

at this point Rick needs to kill that worthless redneck so he doesn't f#ck up any more of his plans. And since people will die next week (not a spoiler, its just that obvious), he and Tara should be executed for being dumb shits who didn't follow the plan.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

So how would they surrender with the walkers beating on the door? Just a question.

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Then Daryl can retort with Rick handcuffing Merle atop a roof in Atlanta. Rick threatening the group's safety by bringing Randall to the farm. Rick selling out Michonne to the Governor. Rick getting Merle killed by telling him about the plan to give Michonne to the Governor. Rick letting the Governor escape. Rick exiling Carol from the prison. Rick turning into Shane at Alexandria. Rick's infamous quarry march, and finally, Rick drafting the group into a war against the Saviors.

#28 Rapscallion, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Thus, the reason they have been slowly ruining his character since season 4.

Early on he was smarter than people gave him credit for, now he's dumber and more emotional.

Negan
    The snipers were hidden, when they started shooting at the sanctuary to give Daryl cover, they have up their positions. Allowing savior snipers to take them out.

Daryl really screwed everything up and the more I think about it, this could be the end for him.

10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That makes sense, but would it kill them to show this happening by spending about 10 seconds on it? Geesh. Also does this mean Morgan is dead? he's one of the snipers.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

In real life, probably yes. But plotwise, Morgan could not be dead.
    Morgan and Tara must have retreated when they came under heavy fire from the Saviours coming out.

I think it is not just the positions of the snipers being exposed when they covered for Daryl. I think it is also the number of snipers is just not enough. The plan is that for them to kill off Saviours (a small number) who might come out to thin the herd or to go to other outposts asking for help. It is never the intention for them to hold off a large number of Saviours. And this was not necessary because the Saviours were held inside the compound and they could not come out in large numbers. But when the herd was gone, just too many of them coming out and the snipers just could not withstand the firepower.

12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I imagine Morgan will be the lone sniper to survive, giving him the chance to explain what happened and how the saviors escaped.

At some point they will need to explain that the saviors were going to escape regardless and maybe Daryl actually slowed them down or his actions had a positive effect.

At this point we are all assuming Daryl basically allowed the saviors to escape. If that holds true he is not redeemable this time, especially if the rumors are true. All that happens next will be Daryl's fault. If they plan on keeping him on the show, they will need to show that none of this is Daryl's fault. I read a theory that because Daryl used a garbage truck that Negan might think it was the heapsters and somehow Daryl saved the day not ruined it.

Either way, I think Morgan is the lone survivor and he will tell Rick how the saviors escaped. Then, you know...head to Texas or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rapscallion

I'll bet if Morgan had Negan in his sights, he'd suddenly have a "struggle with his conscience" and Negan would escape. :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I hear you about Rick making some questionable decisions as the leader of the group. But Daryl just seems to be getting more out of control of his quest for his personal vendetta. He should be helping Rick lead everybody in this plan as his right hand man. His actions are gonna get more people killed that otherwise may not have died.

15. Rapscallion

Thanks. I understand what Daryl is doing. He was a prisoner of the Saviors, and he's seen what they do to the weak, and what Negan does to his own people. The Alliance is in a war, and the longer it goes, the slimmer the chance for victory gets. Right now, Rick's leadership is faltering, and the casualties are rising. I think Carol nearly getting killed pushed Daryl into this strategy. As he told Rick, "Its time to start thinkin' about our own."

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Right, the snipers are all dead except possibly Morgan due to plot armor.
    The entire walker herd has also been eliminated.

I further strongly suspect Eugene gave Negan the low-down about Dwight (another 10 second scene we don't get to see), I would be seriously surprised to see D get out of that meeting alive (although crazier things have happened). I think Eugene told Negan about D shooting the drone down, and that D was no longer Negan. I suspect Eugene told Negan this right before telling Negan they could clear out all the walkers with weapon fire, to which Negan replied "it will take an ass load of bullets" which is where we were allowed into the meeting...
    That's the real reason Negan was so excited about Eugene, knowing Eugene really was fully onboard.

17. yuke

yuke Member

I've been rethinking this. I think it possible that the Saviors could have figured out how to kill the zombies and conserve their ammo, for example, create a chokepoint where they just stab the zombies in the head like we've seen on the show a dozen times.

So at least one benefit is that the Saviors for now, have spent much of their ammo. So while they have gotten out of Rick's trap, they are weak right now until Eugene restocks their ammo.