Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Lori send Andrea to die?

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by Zombie Lover, Mar 19, 2012.

1. JFB_JP

JFB_JP Member

Agreed. Lori was entirely capable of going after Carol herself. They were both armed, both in the same situation, same distance away, etc. Not to mention, as you said, she had no Carl to use as an excuse.

2. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I dislike Lori as much as the next person on here, but still...Andrea wants to be one of the guys, then she has to suck it up and take the good with the bad, and that means more risk

Andrea's the toughest woman there so asking Andrea to get Carol is just like asking Darryl to

And if you think about it, it makes Lori smart to send people to do her dirty work (not good, but smart)

That's all

3. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Lori's just annoying on TV as she is in the comics. On point really. The more unlikeable she becomes, the more enjoyment we're gonna have when she finally dies.

4. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

Remember, Lori is prego, she seems like the type of character to use that as an excuse to be lazy/bossy any chance she gets, she was able to get Herschal's bedroom with it, now she knows she can play the card with the group, this means telling others to take risks for her b/c she is prego.....this, among many otehr things, is why she should die....

5. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I'm gonna throw a party when Lori finally bites the bullet..You are all invited !!!!!

6. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

That had something to do with it...but the thing that bunched Lori's panties the most was the 'boyfriend' comment Andrea fired @ Lori inside the house when they had their lil' bitch-fest with each other!!

7. dlhays1

dlhays1 Member

Don't you know, Lori doesn't do ANYTHING for herself. Lori always sends someone else. Or tries to get someone else to do her dirty work for her!!

8. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

I don't like Lori at all. I think she's a self-centered bitch who thinks she's the queen of the group because her husband is the one that people look to for help and proper order. She doesn't understand that this isn't the same-old blinded world that they used to know... this is the ZA. In order to have a proper lifestyle you need to work together. It seems like everyone has put in their time except for Lori. I've yet to see her do more than have sex with Rick's BEST FRIEND, manipulate the two, boss everyone else around and ask people to do her errands, cut vegetables on the farm, hang clothing, and not keep an eye on her child(Carl).

She should have been one to go. She's only ruined and endangered everyone. Hope they make her go in a thrilling way.

9. dlhays1

dlhays1 Member

thanks. I will be there. I hope it will be soon. Can I bring anything? lol

10. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

The sooner the better!

11. DeadManWalkin

DeadManWalkin New Member

Be sure to share it with us! Ha ha ha!

12. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

NNAAA it was just a big cluster ****. The person to blame fully is Rick. He's acting like the leader but has no plan in case of a shtf emergency in a za world? Like can you see the utter stupidity we're talking here? I mean the show could have had him doing more to at least make it believeable. Instead in most every eposod he has to go somehwere for something. Giving the group no direction what so ever. So it's Ricks fault if anything.

#32 Canadian36, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  13. Geek the Lamebrain

Uhhh...Rick was totally uninvolved with the scene we're talking about here...

14. yuuyake

yuuyake Member

I am going to play devil's advocate here and say you can't blame Lori for Andrea.

First they were looking at Lori as to what they should do. They wanted her confirmation that it was okay to run. So they have already put in her the position of having to make decisions.

Second she is trying to drag a crying Beth into the car. Beth who was so dumb to try to keep holding on to Patricia after she sees her being bitten shows that Beth needed the attention. Remember 16 year old girl. Dragging Beth from that scene was what Lori was doing, its not uncalled for her to ask Andrea to go get Carol when she is trying to drag a 16 year old girl into a car.

I think everyone is thinking wayyyy too hard into her motives. This was a sudden thing and they were getting surrounded quickly. I don't think she had enough time to hatch a diabolical plan to get rid of Andrea.

15. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

I'm going to simply throw it out there; Nobody is at fault for Andrea's abandonment. This is a world where you need to work together to survive. But if it ever comes down to it, and you are in a life threatening situation(not to mention carrying an unborn child) you are to do everything possible to survive.

To be honest... I'd do anything not to be torn apart by a Zombie. Whether I have a kid or not, it's a game of life or death and you need to fight to survive.

16. DedHed082

DedHed082 Member

It would've been nice to see Andrea just smile sweetly and say, "Nah, I think the MEN can handle it."

BUT, Andrea actually puts the survival of the group first, not just her own. Lori only cares about Carl and herself. SHE put the group in danger when demanding she had to find her "boy." Well, finding someone implies they're lost...so WHY do you keep losing him?

I honestly believe Lori would throw Rick to the dogs (in this case Zombies) without a second thought. She acts very self righteous but she is like so many people I've known who would sell their own grandmother for a quarter.

This is WHY everyone needs to be tough and able to survive. What if Andrea hadn't been there? She is beyond "one of the guys," after the finale I think shes the toughest one in the group and she is about to learn a LOT more.

17. DeadManWalkin

DeadManWalkin New Member

Lori didn't send Andrea to die. She just watching out for her own hind end. (Bet that if Andrea wasn't there, Lori would have left instead of trying to help.) Regardless, Andrea showed more value to the group that Lori based on the fact that she did go to help Carol instead to leaving her.

18. Maggie

Maggie Member

Two things - First - stupid useless Carol caused the drama in teh first place by running away from the house. She has no way to protect herself and didn't stay with the others. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Second - Andrea is responsible for the mess Andrea is in. Not Lori. You think for a second that Andrea is following Lori's orders? Not a chance. She's already made it clear that she doesn't respect Lori or consider her in charge....

Andrea could just have easily said 'Lori, Get in the back with Beth, T-dog drive the truck over there and we'll pick up Carol'. Instead Andrea decides to get OUT of the large metal truck and run ON FOOT into a swarm of zombies to save stupid useless Carol.

Andrea created the situtation she found herself in. Now that said - my girl kicked ASS in the woods and lasted a really damn long time on her own against crazy odds.

19. DedHed082

DedHed082 Member

I think in that crazy situation its also hard to think rationally. Andrea has made her purpose in life protecting herself and the group. When someone tokd her to go help someone, no matter who it happened to be, she would've done it. And I thinj if it was me I would have some expectation that the truck would be there for me after I saved Carol's useless ass.

This whole finale seemed to prove what I've been saying all along- EVERYONE needs to know how to protect themselves. There is no excuse for being content to let others "save" you. They won't always be there and you'll eventually get someone who is of much more value to the group killed. What if Andrea HAD died and Carol lived? How much would THAT have helpes the group?
    So, for Lori its ok for Andrea to risk her ass to save Carol but she wouldn't risk her own for ONE MINUTE to wait for Andrea? Its all about Lori and only Lori. She probably only wanted to save Carol so she won't be the only worthless member of the group.

I don't *dislike* Carol. I just think in any survival situation you either rise to the occassion or eat dirt.

20. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

I agree. I thought she had actually taken notice of Daryl's outburst as she asked him to look for Rick and Shane rather than ordering him - probably why he was more keen to do so. Of course if she had kept a better eye on her son, (bearing in mind Dale recently being killed by a walker never mind Randall on the loose he should've been within her sight at all times), she wouldn't have been running around like a headless chicken holding everyone up so you could argue it is at least partially her fault that Patricia got killed, Carol got surrounded and therefore Andrea got left behind - but I don't think any of it was intentional.