Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Maggie have to go with them?

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by ChrisQ, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ChrisQ

ChrisQ Member

I know Maggie felt responsible being she was the one who made the deal. But - c'mon - she's pregnant! As we saw - even staying in the back during the attack was a huge risk.

Remember - this is the post-apocalypse. Nearly the entire human race has been almost wiped out and only a tiny fraction of survivors remain. Repopulation is a major concern.

#1 ChrisQ, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

No she didn't have to go. But i agree like with what you said she felt responsible being the one to make the deal with Gregory. It was made clear by Carol when she said "This is not the person your suppose to be" so i knew from "Knots Untie" she should of stayed back but she went anyways then on the next mission. It's very risky for her being pregnant because I am worried she'd miscarry.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I was disappointed that more Alexandrians didn't go. It would have helped reinforce the idea that they were stepping up to the plate and fighting for their community, and plus it could have made our attack a little more believable, because one or two ASZ redshirts could have died in the battle. The way we came out of it, without a single casualty, was a bit too convenient.

4. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I was kind of surprised by this. I may be remembering wrong, but I think Heath is the only ASZ person that went aside from Rick and company. As you say, that whole sequence would have been a lot more believable with a couple of red shirts from the ASZ to use as bullet sponges.

5. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Aaron went too. And was it 3 guys from Hilltop or just 2? Seems like they took their best fighters is all.

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

This one really was on Glenn. You can't blame maggie for wanting to help but he failed her as a husband and father for letting her go. You might as well bring Judith along if you're going to be so reckless.

7. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I was just as angry as Carol for them letting Maggie come along. I mean why? They weren't dealing with Gregory they were doing the attack. All I know is Maggie better be glad Carol stayed along with her ;)

8. Lizard

Lizard New Member

Being pregnant doesn't remove Maggie's autonomy as an adult. The idea that she would obviously want to go but it's her husband's job not to "let" her is a little ridiculous, IMO. Their relationship isn't depicted as one in which either lets the other do anything- they're both adults, and equals, and treat each other as such. I think Glenn absolutely had a right to object, given that she's carrying his child, but it was something for them to discuss as a couple (which they did).

Now, do I think it was reckless, irresponsible and downright stupid for her to go? Yes. I say that as someone who's been pregnant twice- she had no business being there. She's physically compromised and a liability. But that decision is primarily on her.

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

"Letting her go?" What is he, her dad?

10. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

You cant further the plot and have her kidnapped if she didnt go, silly!

11. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Ah that's right. I forgot about Aaron. I put him in a different category. He's more of a main character. Heath is still a bit more of a red shirt, but a red shirt with some lines.

I think the only Hilltop people were Jesus and the guy who drew up the maps. Then the prisoner from Hilltop that was being held by the Saviors was released.

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It might not have been Glenn's decision to "let" her go, but it is Rick's. He's the leader of the mission, and has the obligation to not only choose who's to go and but also who should NOT go to assure the success of their mission. In hindsight, it was a bad decision to include her in the team.