Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Michone go too far?

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by PhenomChriso, Dec 4, 2012.

1. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

Comparing the Governor to Stalin? That is completely pointless. Hitler is the best comparison. Neither is stupid but both did/will do themselves in eventually. It doesn't matter if the governor is out-manned even, he'd still try to take the prison. This is why bandits eventually die in a ZA. It will happen eventually.

2. Machete

Machete Active Member

Ever watch a movie about WWII? There are about a million of them. Ever see a movie about the Cold War? Probably not.

The reason is that the Cold War was BORING. A peace treaty between the prison and Woodbury would be bad TV.

3. marsyao

marsyao Member

Did I mention "all the peace attempts would fail" in my post?

4. EvieE

EvieE Member

Marsayo, no one disputes Michonne communicating things may or may not have helped the situation. But she owed those people nothing. Rick wasn't exactly hospitable to her though I can't fault him for his caution to newbies, but again I'll say if you're putting this war squarely on her shoulders you basically think everything the Governor has done is justifiable and ignoring the fact that he knew about the prison and had wanted it all along and once he found out there were people occupying the prison, he wasn't going to let them live. This so called truce sounds nice but was never going to happen.

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

I am not saying Michonne should tell anything to Rick, or she owes anything to Rick, I am just saying that lady knew exactly what she is doing.
    The real question is when Rick finds out that Michonne deliberately withhold information from him, she was using him what would be his reaction? I guess he would not like it.

6. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

Yes, she did know exactly what she was doing. That part you were correct on.

7. EvieE

EvieE Member

Rick can suck it. Like I said she owed him nothing. The only thing I'm disputing here is that Michonne is the cause of the war. It was going to happen with or without her.

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

Rick does not owe anything to Michonne either, no one like being used. Michonne is not cause of the war, she is the reason the war is inevitable

9. EvieE

EvieE Member

You just said the same thing in a different way. And I know Rick owes her nothing, you asked what will Rick do when he finds out he was used to which I replied he can suck it. I stand by that. Just like Michonne has to be prepared if Rick decides to retaliate. My contention is the war was inevitable without her. I could make a case for saying Andrea was the reason the war was inevitable but that would have also been a stretch. The Governor will never be a Nobel Peace Prize nominee. Your idol has feet of clay.

#309 EvieE, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  10. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

That is actually very true and all stated in the episode.

The Governor had already decided to attack the prison before he even knew Michonne was alive. As he had already decided to kill Maggie and Glenn. As he had already decided to kill Michonne in the first place. To even consider there was any hope for peace is very funny though. Some people don't really seem to realize how nonsense their arguments actually are.

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Did YOU see it? The governor didn't FIGHT the soldiers, he ambushed them. Do you really think he would have fought them the same way if they were dug in a defensive position and firing back? I don't. He couldn't afford to lose the men.

Look at Benghazi. The US had its mission attacked and its Ambassador killed - pretty much an act of war - and we haven't done Jack even though we could. What the governor would do as a leader is probably different that what he'd do as an individual.

12. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

That's 'cause we got a jack wagon Muslim traitor put in office not by the American people, but by his Muslim thug backers from Chicago (aka the real "Electoral College")...

The Governor wouldn't stand for such nonsense!! He would turn Libya into a Big Lots by the time he was through!!

#312 STRINGS, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  13. marsyao

marsyao Member

That is exactly my point, Governor would likely back off if he find out the prison is too well defended, but thanks Michonne, now Governor would not care even if the prison is the strongest defensive position in the world

14. marsyao

marsyao Member

Yes, Governor already decided to kill Glenn and Maggie, and attack the prison, but none of these actually accomplished, the worst thing he did to Rick's big family which does not include Oscar is attempt murder and assault. If Rick choose war for this and give no consideration to a peace treaty, fine, but even he wins the war, his group will lost people for sure, just looking around to see how small his group is: Carl, Daryl, Hershel, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Beth and Judith, which one he could afford to loss?
    I never say war should not be an option, I just believe, when doing his best to prepare for war, he should try to settle this with Woodbury, especially if he could get Daryl back. But now Governor would not consider peace as an option now, and Rick has no idea of the reason, because Governor would not tell him the real reason, and Michonne lied to him before, she will lie to him again.

15. EvieE

EvieE Member

Exactly. :Chainsaw:

16. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

His daughter was already dead.
    And she was cornered by the governor, what else could she do?
    I dont think the governor would just let her go, beside she wanted to kill the governor.

If the governor had not suprised her, she would have killed the girl and the governor.

17. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

I just want to point out that the only reason the Governor decided to execute Glenn & Maggie was because he was scared of Rick's group coming for them.

18. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I don't see how their execution would make any difference at all in that regard. ??

I thought he sent them off to the screamer pits so Andrea wouldn't find them - which is why I don't think the screamer pit was the arena but rather that turbine thing. If he didn't want Andrea to see them he wouldn't put them in the arena.

19. Machete

Machete Active Member

No, no, no. It has nothing to do with WHO did it, it has everything to do with HOW it was done. It was cruel and spiteful.

That being said, I still have no problem with it, because the Governor is a D-Bag.

20. 1BronxNyFan

1BronxNyFan Member

Wrong.. He wanted to execute them so Andrea would not find out he is a kidnapping maniac, keeping Andrea in the dark seems to be just as important.