Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Rick Unknowingly Infect Shane??

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by doubletap93, Mar 13, 2012.

1. doubletap93

doubletap93 New Member

I don't know why this wasn't discussed on Talking Dead, but why have I not heard anyone else think that maybe Shane turned into a walker because he was stabbed with the knife that Rick has used to kill so many walkers with and maybe there was infected traces of blood on the knife?! Valid point or not??

~Hagan

2. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I think Shane had been infected for months, which is why he slowly went crazy.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

There have already been several heavy suggestions that blood/saliva isn't needed to reanimate. At this point, most likely everyone reanimates no matter the cause of death.

For instance - why did Randall turn?

Besides.....absolutely nothing has pointed to it being a viral infection....

4. doubletap93

doubletap93 New Member

So is there like an airborne strain still active or something?

5. doubletap93

doubletap93 New Member

That's interesting I've never heard of that, but how come the two guys that Rick shot in the bar didn't reanimate?

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

He shot them both in the head......

7. doubletap93

doubletap93 New Member

Good point Bassman

8. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

You stated it perfectly : it's basic 'Zombie Rules'...you die, you come back doing the zombie shuffle. Think some peeps need to hunker down and watch the original 'Night of the Living Dead'... :shining:

9. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Yikes, do I have to?????

10. RickFan22

RickFan22 Member

I agree, I still want to know why the bites and scratches kill if everyone will re animate anyways after being dead. I still think there has got to be some sort of bacterial infection that is carried in the saliva/blood after a walker is turned. I my head I can see that as the only logical explanation...

11. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Ya, but isn't this spoiler material?

12. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Because they were shot in the head.

13. loco

loco Member

why is it that people always assume that disease or infections have to be transmitted via water, air, bodily fluids or anything environmental? What if the infection derived from years of genetic testing and experimentation? anyone heard of eugenics? I'm just saying knowing the ideas of the creator maybe it's a little more controversial than most can imagine? Some folks may call it a "conspiracy theory".

14. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

No........

15. BrotherRoy

BrotherRoy Member

Either whatever it is has infected everyone already and remains dormant until the body stops functioning so it can assume control or something else. The only way to confirm if it's "something else" would be to go dig up an old grave prior to the official outbreak date and see if something crawls out, if nothing does, then everyone post outbreak was infected by whatever caused all this whether it be fungus, parasite, bacteria, virus or a genetically engineered malfunction.

16. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Who's to say it doesn't only effect bodies after a certain point? Whether it's the end of days or divine intervention, there's no reason it should have an effect on bodies before a certain point. That still doesn't make it an obvious infection/virus/etc.

17. DedHed082

DedHed082 Member

I have been wondering if the gentically engineered theory may be the key. It is possible that the bites simpy kill but there is a second component that causes zombification. Meaning if you wee able to survive a bite and didn't die you wouldn't necessarily reanimate.
    For example- what if you were bitten on the arm and immediately applied a tourniquet and amputated that arm? What would happen then? Would you still die and become a walker or is it possible you could survive and be fine (up until the eventual point when you DO kick the bucket and go zombie which seems to be an inevitability)?

What happens if you die of natural causes? So far everyone is dying from a) zombie attacks or b) murder.

18. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

I had a fleeting thought of this as well!!! I am pretty sure we will never know anyway, at least not on the show. As for real life, yeah....I have one word, Monsato. (I dabble in politics and government stupidity, lol)

19. AVC

AVC Member

The way they've been hacking away at zeds with axes, crowbars and pitchforks (that under the chin one was pretty cool), it's no wonder they are infected. The whole lot of them would have to be.

20. DedHed082

DedHed082 Member

Haha thats a good one. Zombie food= zombie people.i