Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Rick Unknowingly Infect Shane??

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by doubletap93, Mar 13, 2012.

1. BrotherRoy

BrotherRoy Member

(I forgot my train of thought on this, but here goes:) Because if it's "something else" that's just raising bodies from the dead, then no matter when they died, they'd rise. If it's a product of something entering the global ecosystem at a specific time and has only infected the "living" at that time, then if you dig up an old body prior to the outbreak time, the body will not rise from the dead. Unless, as you say, whatever this is is incapable of still infecting dead bodies no matter the time frame. Me thinks it still needs a few portions of the brain to do its dirty work, so I doubt any skeletons will be walking around. Again, I lost my train of thought on this so this may or may not have been what I was thinking at the time I wrote that post.

2. BluMouse

BluMouse New Member

i wonder if the zombie flashes was what rick saw cause he was angry and everyone is infected and gettin mad makes it progress further ... hmmm .

3. Ewan

Ewan Member

Never thought about this in fact. Good point

4. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I don't know. Rick said the Dr. Jensen said they're all infected... If being infected was enough to make people go crazy, wouldn't all of them being acting weird and going nuts?

I don't think the blood on Rick's knife is what turned Shane. I know it's been said that the virus isn't airborne but I refuse to believe that. There's no other plausible explanation for why this would be a world wide epidemic.

5. Ewan

Ewan Member

So if you catch it through the air, it takes longer to infect you?

6. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Everyones infected Rick could've killed Shane anyway and he'd come back as long as his brain wasn't damaged.

7. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

What I don't get is why there are so many zombies? There should be more living people than dead.

8. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Because regardless how people died they became a walker as long as the brain wasn't damaged.

9. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Yes I know but how many people die on an average day? Not more than the population that would still be alive

10. MichonneFlux

MichonneFlux New Member

I always thought Otis infected Shane when he yanked his hair from his head. It looked kinda angry when Shane shaved his head. O was scratching & clawing to free himself. I surmised he had walker blood under his nails, it dawned on me when Shane reanimated so quickly. He just popped up so fast, because it had been slow cooking his brain for awhile.

#30 MichonneFlux, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It doesn't work like that. Shane was already infected. So is everyone else. It just causes you to turn whenever you die other than head trauma. The speed is totally based on the person and the death circumstances.

a lot and it would add up. Birth rate would also drop a lot in a few days as deaths overtook new lives and hospitals were overrun I would think. Pregnant women not surviving. One person dies in his sleep and everyone unawares is dead. That goes for military or civilian. By a week it would have spread massively. By a month or more like the series the dead outnumber the living.

#31 legendx66, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  12. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Shane shaved his head to avoid any questions about the missing plug. At that moment nobody knew he sacraficed Otis. And about the quick reanimation. We don't know how long Rick stayed at Shanes body, he cried a lot so maybe he staid there for an hour or two. And don't forget Milton, Milton also reanimated really quick. It's like you reanimate faster if you're not died from a walker fever.

13. filthyastronaut

The walker fever just kills you slowly. We don't have any examples of how fast you reanimate after death. With Amy, a walker fever didn't kill her, it was that massive chunk out of her neck, and she died several hours later. For other folks we've seen turn, the fastest was Shane. I'm pretty sure the way the scene was set up, it was not a couple hours later. It was pretty much right after. With Milton, it was a longer amount of time, but shorter than Amy, conceivably. So basically, we have no way of knowing what affects the time before reanimation, it's probably just dependent on the person, their hormones, physical condition, fitness, etc. Certainly nothing shows that you reanimate quicker from a non-fever death.

14. AtlantaOverrun

True, I forgot about Amy, she died pretty quick because of the bleeding. You're right.

15. filthyastronaut

It's actually very interesting, the only person we've ever seen die from the fever is Jim (in the show, that is). There aren't very many instances in the comics either, though. So there's not too much to go on, there.

16. AtlantaOverrun

Yeah, we only 'hear' about people who died from the fever and turned like Morgans wife and Hershels family.
    And we didn't actually saw that Jim died from the fever, they left him in the woods.
    Wonder why we have never seen it.

17. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

We didn't see it but Morgan said his wife died from the fever.

18. AtlantaOverrun

I thought Hershel said his wife and stepson died from the fever too, I could be wrong though

19. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

He might have during a conversation with Rick. I know he talked about them dying anyway.

20. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

The people at the very beginning just didn't have whatever antibodies to not get sick and die like the people who never got sick from the virus itself.