Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Rick Unknowingly Infect Shane??

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by doubletap93, Mar 13, 2012.

1. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

It bugged me that Randall even turned. My logic is going by the "Romero Zombie Rules":
    --Shane broke the little weasel's neck...now I'm no medical doctor, but I've seen enough zombie flicks to know that even zombies/ Walkers can be killed by wringing their necks. So if Randall got his neck twisted causing massive spinal cord & brain stem injuries (basically along the same lines of the scenario where a human is shot in the head or has a traumatic head injury via car crash causing death and therefore won't turn into a Walker), he shouldn't have been able to turn...

2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

That was a nagging point for me also..

Would have made more sense for Shane to have stabbed him..

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, the walkers heads are still "alive" even if they are decapitated, isn't it the same thing?

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

But then in another scene I think the gov killed a walker by snapping its neck..

I think Scott G will be more mindful of continuity..

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't remember him snapping a zombies neck. We know heads still turn.

6. filthyastronaut

Right, but Jim is the only case where we saw the effect of the bite first hand, and its progression. We don't know how quickly him or anyone else turned after death, so we can't know exactly what determines the speed in which a person turns.

I think we didn't see it because it wasn't necessary, and we were following the Atlanta group. He was left behind, so I think it flowed without his perspective.

7. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

The only fact that is known is that everyone turns at different speeds.

8. rabscuttle1

Actually, in Romero's films if you chop a zombie's head off the head continues to live. You see this in Day when a zombie gets its head copped off with a shovel. You see the zombie's head on the ground and it's eyes are still looking around. Also in TWD the heads in the Gov's fish tanks were still alive. Braking Randall's neck wouldn't have kept him from turning. However, I don't think he should've been able to move. He should've been a snapping head on a paralyzed body.

9. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I would even have been cool with that. It just seemed weird & sorta forced. Would have made more sense if Daryl & Glenn have either found Randall completely dead, OR as you stated having turned but a Walker paraplegic...

10. rabscuttle1

Yeah, Z's receive the same signals we do or they wouldn't be able to move. So it would make sense that a broken neck or back should paralyze them the same as a living person. And had it went down that way I think it would've been a much creepier and believable scene. That's my opinion anyway.