Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Rick's Group just pull a Shane with Cabin guy?

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by yangxai, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Shane did it partly for Carl, not a selfish act.

2. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Ummm sharing his home with a dog that was several days dead. And hiding under a sheet. Oh and wanting to open a door with a dozen walkers trying to get in.

3. yangxai

yangxai Member

In fact Shane would of gladly stayed behind and let Otis live, but Otis being the good guy that he is would rather let all three of them die and rather than just let one Die.

4. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Crazy or not, he was trying to open a door with a dozen or so walkers just outside it and he knew they were there, you could see them. Self defense.

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Why NOT just let him open the door? The zombies would get him and you could bolt out the back anyhow. They didn't need to stab or throw him out, he was going to do that on his own.

I think the point was to show that Rick HAS hardened into a more Shane-like guy... one cold-blooded enough to kill innocents in Woodbury, if necessary.

6. yangxai

yangxai Member

Smell of Death hides you from zombies that was a smart move. Hiding is perfectly natural when your trying to live. He was probably hoping he could escape during the confusion of a zombie attack Like Michone did. Being attacked and held captive by armed people after you let your guard down would scare anyone enough too risk it all to go free. We saw how well that worked out for Glen :) Trust is a two way street. The guy showed Rick enough trust to let his guard down and gets attacked for it. I wouldn't trust that group again with my life.

7. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

It was selfish no matter how you see it. Shane was having troubles and was the weakest link there, he should have been the one to be sacrificed. There was no heroic act in what he ended up doing. It doesn't matter if it was for Carl, for the Pope, for Hilter or whoever...

8. Grussem

Grussem New Member

He was not alive.....he was already dead. No problems in my book.

9. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

That stab through the shoulder instantly killed him? Or are you speaking metaphorically?

10. Grussem

Grussem New Member

Ummmmm.....it was NOT through his shoulder, if you watch the scene you can clearly see it go through his spine and out the front of his upper chest. Watch the scene again. A person that is wounded in the "shoulder".....is not going to lye there with their eyes open on the ground not moving. The guy was physically dead, no doubt about it, Rick even says so afterwards.

11. mothra19

mothra19 Member

He was about to open the door and be eaten alive and/or let all the walkers in. It was the right thing to do. A mercy killing, if you ask me.

I liked how Rick had one of his classic Rick moments where he tried to reason with the guy though. When Michonne stabbed the dude and Rick looked at her he was almost like "damn, I shoulda done that.."

Loved it.

12. ggill09

ggill09 Member

I thought it was justified. Rick offed that prisoner that swung at him and this dude not only shot at them, but he was clearly off his rocker. He was going no where fast.....until he got pushed out the door. I loved oscars reaction too. He was probably thinking, he better not piss off these people any time soon.

13. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

here's how it went down.

She reacted because Rick didn't (Rick is still dealing with having some unnecessary morals but those will all be gone soon enough)

She put him down, Rick realized why. There was no time to talk about it and Rick made the best out of the situation by using hims as walker bait (he was already dead)

That is how it went!

14. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I find it funny because they could have just let him go, and it would have had a similar result.

15. Komodia

Komodia Member

I wonder how that guy was even alive in an area filled with many zombies.

16. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Once again the Hollywood fiction kicks in. A strike like that would've taken out the superior Aorta and/or the sub clavian vein/artery. Dead in seconds.

My problem with this episode is that Michonne passed out from blood loss but recovered in a few hours to the point of going on this mission. I call bullshit on that.

17. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

That's Michonne's way. If the group want to survive they need to adapt to it. It was pretty smart if you ask me. That guy couldn't have really survived much longer acting like walkers didn't populate the world.

18. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Actually Rick did react to the man trying to run out, Rick yelled out "Stop him" , and then Michonne stopped him, in a manor that was effectively a mercy killing.

Opening a door with at least 12 walkers behind it, with no armor or weapons is suicide. suicide by getting bitten to death , a sword stab through your heart /Aorta is an instant kill.

Part of the reason that everyone in the Cabin freezes for a moment is how damn amazing Michonnes sword placement was, it wasn't just that She killed the guy, but how damn effectively she killed him. (sort of shows them that she could have killed any of them already, if she really wanted to)

My wife even screamed out something like "Damn, holy shit michonne, right through the aorta!"

19. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

True, but his screams may have drawn more walkers in from all directions and that may have been a 'bad thing'.

20. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

So just to be accurate, you would OPEN A DOOR with 12 or more walkers beating on it and hope to slip by them, instead of trying to talk/deal with 4 people (and only 1 has a gun drawn) who didn't just shoot you immediately. You do realize that is the definition of stupid. How would you get by the walkers? Break into song and charm them?