Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Rick's Group just pull a Shane with Cabin guy?

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by yangxai, Nov 25, 2012.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The walkers were tearing down the shack.. it was either him or all of them, simple..

He was hanging out with a dead dog, was only a matter of time before he bit the dust anyway..

2. yangxai

yangxai Member

Cabin guy did try and talk to them. He was Lied to by Rick then when he let his guard down; Rick attacks him. This is Key Rick attacks first not cabin guy. Why would you trust in the mercy of guys who just attacked you after you gave them a chance explain themselves. This didn't work out so well for Glen last week.

Also cabin guy was outgunned and out manned in a small confined place against aggressive people who just attacked him. Adding Zombies to the mix is only gonna add to your odds of Survival like what happened during the Michone and Merle fight. He was probably thinking of opening the door and hiding behind it. The walkers would have clear line of sight towards Ricks group and head there. Best case scenario if gets to the door, he makes it out during confusion. Worst case scenario he dies but manages to take out some of the people who attacked him.

3. 1may1984

1may1984 New Member

Exactly ! he was doomed. Rick tried to reason with him but he was too much of a loose cannon to comprehend what was going on. I would have done the same thing, Better him than me.

I thought they dealt with it perfectly. He was going to die if he walked out the door anyway. The knocked him off with an instant kill (and YES, he would certainly die from a sword through the chest) and used him as a decoy to escape. Nicely done.

4. 1may1984

1may1984 New Member

High five ! right on brother.

5. yangxai

yangxai Member

I don't think attacking him when he let down his guard to let Rick prove to him who he was, was reasonable. Why didn't Rick Just prove to the guy he was a cop. By attacking cabin guy, who was already afraid for his life (hence the hiding under the blanket) when he gave Rick's group a chance to explain only confirms to him that he Should be afraid of his group. Rick and company were the aggressors here not cabin guy. Dude just wanted to be left alone.

Lets look at this from another point of view. Random large Group breaks into prison fleeing from Zombie horde. They are armed and find Rick hiding in a Cell. They point guns at Rick. Isn't it reasonable for Rick to point his gun back at them? Now Rick asks them to whats going on and who are they. The group Lies to Rick trying to get rick to put down his weapon (which he would be a fool to do). During the deception they attack trying to disarm Rick. Isn't reasonable for Rick to Fight back. Also since he's outnumbered wouldn't it be even more reasonable for Rick to even the odds by enlisting the help of Walkers.

Rick's a great character but just cause he's the protagonist don't mean everything he does is good and right. When you invade someones home it's on you to prove to them your not hostile. You don't do that by lying and then attacking them. Why didn't they just Walk out the back door?

6. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

And how would Rick even prove he USED to be a cop anyway?

7. yangxai

yangxai Member

With the badge that he said he had in his pocket.

8. trinity

trinity Member

It was a lie about the badge, he put it in a drawer back at the farm, I love the fact people are saying Cabin guy was going to die the next day out there alone.. he has made it this far until people found him..

9. 1may1984

1may1984 New Member

lol, he was about to let a gang of walkers into the cabin. The guy wasnt all there. Besides, Rick WAS trying to reason with the man. The man didnt want a bar of it. Instead, he refused to listen to Rick and make a run for it. It wasnt even Rick that killed him. They werent the aggressors either, there were no aggressors, just a nut case about to kill the entire group.

Im pretty sure most do-gooders would change their opinions of levels of force if they were stuck in a ZA for almost a year straight.

They didnt attack the man at first, they disarmed him. It was his choice to bolt for the door. He paid the price. Id rather get a sword through the chest than to be eaten alive.

Its easy to judge a situation from the comfort of your arm chair.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Just to be clear, again. You would open a door, that has 12 or more zombies beating on it. To increase your chances of survival? What was he going to do teleport behind the door? Use Frodo's magic ring so the walkers don't see him get behind the door?

Either you are a troll or you have a different color sky in your reality.

11. Chaos

Chaos Member

The guy is running out the door and the zombies are going wild and every second counted. There was no time to caucus about how to handle the situation. It would have been very difficult to get the shot in such a short moment. Michonne was next to him and acted. There is no they to be cold.

12. RDZ

RDZ Member

Yeah, because anyone with a badge (that could have been picked off of any dead cop you found, killed or stumbled across) clearly makes you a cop prior to the zombie apocalypse.

:zombies_rolleyes:

Don't waste your time, I tried reasoning with this person a few episodes ago when they were trying to convince everyone that Lori was alive.

13. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

S2 end Shane would not even try to reason, lolol.
    Killed on sight

14. yangxai

yangxai Member

when you open the door you can still hide behind the door crevice. Also I'd say you have a better chance of survival opening that door, then going up against 4 armed people who is trying to kill you. Take for example the black dude from prison. He almost took over the prison using zombies. If he would of just attacked Ricks group unarmed he would of been blown to bits. When your outgunned and out manned you use every advantage possible.

I've never said this was a great option. Its a choice between cat shit and dog shit. Both options are still shit. I'm just saying this was reasonable option. He had two options here. Get taken prisoner and trust mercy of a group that just attacked him (this didn't go so well for glen last week). Or try using zombies to create confusion and get away during the confusion. Both options are shit.

Reasonable mistakes were made on both sides. From the Cabin and from Ricks group. I'm not blaming rick so everyone can relax. He's still a good guy. But i won't also blame nor vilify the cabin guy for not trusting in Rick's group that just attacked him.

Also Casca910 I have told you what I would of done after Rick's group attacked him. What would you have done Casca910 after Rick attacks you? Please forgive me if I missed this in your earlier post.

#94 yangxai, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  15. yangxai

yangxai Member

I agree with you Chaos that there was no time. Maybe i miss worded my post. I was not questioning michones actions. What she did there was right and needed to be done to lives. What i was saying was that after Michone had incapacitated him with her sword, she or some one else should of shot/smashed or put a bullet through his head before they fed him to walkers.

#95 yangxai, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  16. yangxai

yangxai Member

That's where your wrong Tyler. S2 Shane would never of gone on this mission. He's still be at the prison with the kids, women and Old people; rubbing his head the 1000th time.:Grin:

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You say it jokingly, but you're right, he would have left them to die as it would have been "too big of a risk to the group" to go after them.

18. Fibber

Fibber Member

Yeah the gang of one!

19. RDZ

RDZ Member

Hide in the door crevice? Maybe if you are a pencil, otherwise, hiding behind the open door and the wall sounds pretty stupid to me in that little shack. Zombies aren't the brightest but they seem to be able to smell a human when they are within a few feet pretty easily, I think they will find you and then where do you go? You don't, you get eaten.

Sorry, definitely not reasonable to open a door where there are a dozen very hungry/angry and concentrated zombies and think you are getting through them alive. You will die and be eaten alive.

He was dead, Michonne killed him nearly instantly with a sword through his chest/heart. Done, finished, kaput. No fidgeting, no fighting, they easily pushed his dead body out the door when they opened it.

At least he wasn't eaten alive as you suggest you would do.

20. FellowAutumn

FellowAutumn Member

The walkers are gonna go for him as well you know...