Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did the Baby's daddy know they were looking for guns?

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by EZD, Oct 30, 2017.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Did I hear the babies dad say to Rick that there were no guns here?

If so how did he know they were there searching for guns at all and did they betray Dwight or were they somehow in it with him?

It seems off that Dwight would lead R&D to guns and also let the guards up there know the plan?

Is Dwight a Double Agent who give the info to Daryl but then let the Outpost know abut it too?

So many questions!

We also never see Dwight last night?

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

If Dwight todl them they would have told Negan. I think it just struck him that it might be what they look for and they did not expect an straight out attack but when it happended...

3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I thought Rick asked him where the guns where then he said no guns

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Well that would explain the whole thing but I didnt hear Rick ask.

Dont doubt it though either,crappy hotel tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I can't remember if he did or not but I'll stick with it lol

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Respect your style there!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think this is what is going to out Dwight.

Negan moved the guns and Dwight wasn't aware. When Rick attacks looking for guns Negan will figure out that Dwight is feeding Rick info. He will make some comment about figuring Eugene would be a rat not Dwight, so Dwight's betrayal will be what makes Negan think Eugene is the loyal one....which will backfire at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I do not think Negan has moved the guns away as he anticipates Rick's rebellion and/or Dwight's betray. I think the guns are still in that building. It is just that the guy does not know (maybe he is not high level enough or not responsible for guarding the guns). I think the storyline makes him not knowing so that Rick got to kill him and thus making finding the baby more dramatic.

BTW, according to Rick's handwritten note (from Dwight?), he is looking for heavy guns, ie a .50 caliber Browning heavy machine gun. And, it seems that Rick and Daryl are in a multi-storey building and they climbed up an elevator shaft to access an upper floor. (How come? the stairs are blocked?). Anyway, for a heavy machine gun like the Browning, I would expect it be stored on the ground floor for easy deployment. I do not think it will be transported up an elevator shaft for hiding or storage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I don't mean to imply that Negan moved the guns because he anticipated Rick attacking or he did so to trick Dwight. I Just mean that the guns were moved, for some reason. Maybe to fortify another location or members were transferred, as Jared mentions, and Dwight wasn't aware of it. Rick shows up, Negan figures out that Dwight must be the one feeding Rick info.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The stairs were blocked by order of the woman in charge as soon as she realized they were being attacked.

She radioed inside and ordered it just before the guns started blazing.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

But was that even the same location?

Oh....the fire fight was a distraction so Daryl and Rick could sneak inside?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was the same location or if she was just checking in with locations and when there was no response from guards she ordered the lockdown. There was no gunfire where R&D were. As for the guns being on the ground floor, wouldn't it be better for them to be on an upper floor to bring the rain on any attackers? Better field of vision from higher up.

13. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

If it was the same location weren't all the guns right there where the saviors where shooting? They looked to be cleaning them at first until the cars rolled up. Now I'm confused about this... I'll have to rewatch it

14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It was confusing for sure but i imagine they had enough to both clean some and store others
    But then why not use big guns if you have them too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm so confused. Lol

Carol and Zeke were attacking a location at the end of 801 where the explosion happened and they started tracking a single savior into the woods.

The main group attacked the sanctuary in 801.

Morgan, Tara, and Jesus went to the satellite outpost where they captured a bunch of saviors.

Daryl and Rick are somewhere looking for heavy guns.

Aaron and Alexandria attacked another outpost we never knew about.

So either Daryl and Rick went to a small gun location by themselves or they were at the same location Aaron was attacking as a distraction.

The whole thing is confusing. So many locations over two episodes, so many different time stamps, so many different groups splitting off.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

You have a point.
    It depends on what the heavy gun(s) is used for. If it is for defending that outpost, then I agree that it should be put on an upper floor. But if it is to be moved around the region as an offensive weapon, then it is better to stored it on ground floor due to its heavy weight.

If it is really used as a defensive weapon, then that 'outpost' must be of real importance to justify having such a weapon. Maybe it is Negan's main armoury?

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, at first I thought they were all at separate places, but I think Rick/Daryl may have been at the same place Aaron's group was. Just an entrance from the opposite side of the building. Mara radioed for someone to block the stairwells, and Raryl climbed the elevator shaft. Her reason for having the stairs blocked could have been because she was protecting things on the top floor like guns and newborn babies.

As for the guy saying "no guns" I'm pretty sure Rick grunted something about guns during their struggle, and he was just responding to that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, Rick asked where the guns were and the guy said "No guns". He kept looking at the door to the babies room, which made Rick think that's where the guns were.

It makes sense that they were in the same place, because it would answer why they never tried to advance on the saviors. Just keep them occupied while Rick and Daryl sneak in the back door.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Yeah, what the heck was that about? Did I totally miss something? We just jump into that storyline with them laying on the ground all dusty from an apparent explosion of some sort??? No lead up; no dialogue; no "What had happened was...." - to me that sucked.

20. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

At the end of 8x01, Carol, Ezekiel & the Kingdommers head off to their assigned outpost for an assault. On the way, they find that lookout (Nelson) who throws the smoke grenade and leaves. After recovering, they set off after him so he doesn't alert the outpost they wana ambush.

• Winner Winner x 1