Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did you notice...

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by O Town Indian, Dec 11, 2011.

1. O Town Indian

O Town Indian Member

how there was absolutely no recoil on any of the guns whatsoever. They are using a shot gun and it does not move an inch. I tried to watch the scene without thinking about this but I could not get over this

2. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

These observations always baffle me.

It's a movie bro. Get over it.

3. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

It depends on the prop used but in most cases they don't traditional firearms with blanks. Instead they use caps or complete dummy firearms and edited the sound in later.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah it's just a tv series, but part of the reason for forums like these are to discuss small details like that. Doesn't mean they matter a whole lot, just something to chit chat about.

Anyway....As SVT mentions above, they sometimes use options that don't require firing the gun at all. Electronic charges, minor blanks, or even applying the flash with CGI in post production.

5. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

One of my favorite scenes was in Walking Tall (the remake with the Rock). There is a scene where the blond bomb shell is left with a Glock to shoot as a distraction for the Rock. The slide never moves once and you hear it click about 5 times indicating the weapon is empty.

6. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Well there's really no point in shooting live rounds on set. Particularly when the handlers are a bunch of Hollywood morons. So it's not surprising to find that they use props.

You can really get immersed in the characters, but you know the people playing them are candy-asses, down to the last one.

Except maybe Michael Rooker, he might really be a man.

7. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

#7 SVTRay, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  8. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

hrm... I was so busy watching the drama unfold, I admit to not noticing. I will have to rewatch that clip!

9. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

totally agree, its a tv series, the point is enjoy the episode or scene and the storyline and action in this case, i see no point in checking details like that