Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Disappointing Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - No Sanctuary' started by Tyler, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

• Some of the set-pieces felt totally contrived
    • Tyreese should be killing walkers by now [that guy is probably still alive too]
    • The episode didn't have enough Daryl. Glad Carol got his crossbow though, one of the redeeming factors for sure.
    • The explosion was video-game level quality
    • The reunions had no real energy, stale for the most part
    • Morgan returning is unnecessary drama. As a nobody character he should be dead already.

Grade: E

A few points for Daryl, a couple more for Beth not being involved in this clusterfu*k of an episode and one for Gareth.

2. Inspector_Swag

Lol you're the only person who I've heard complain. And for very poor reasons, I may add.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Swag King. But its only temporary common interests.

4. Joshua

Joshua Member

Really? I haven't been this excited for an ep since the S2 finale

5. Survivor

Survivor Member

Kinda dissapointed too. I agree, the reunion had no real emotions and energy, the whole episode was like they wanted to have it all in one, to have terminus done in one ep, its shame, cause i wanted kinda deeper insight to the terminus group. Of course, we will se some more from pissed of Gareth, but, still... And that story about how they found out about terminus is shit and how Carol saved them all ? I mean, come on...

6. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Agreed

7. HeadBussa21

HeadBussa21 Member

You're not joking? Aw.
    As for Morgan, it's all up to how they use him. I don't see how he's gonna be a non sensical nuisance like he was is S3. Why would they do that?

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

My sarcasometer is bouncing. It's not sure if serious.

9. Gonad

Gonad New Member

Tend to agree, this was a very middle-of-the-road episode... Maybe we are setting the bar too high, but c'mon, Carol shows up at the very last moment to save the gang? What timing! I was heartened to see Morgan, though, he is a fascinating character...

10. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

There were somee things I wished would have been done differently, but overall it was still a great ep.

11. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I though the reunion of Daryl/Carol & The Grimes family was anything but stale. I think this is the most emotion we've seen from Daryl. I had goosebumps during both scenes.

12. YR38

YR38 Member

I do not agree whatsoever.

I kinda agree on Tyreese, but maybe he was still in shock about the two kids he just saw die.
    The show isnt called The Daryl Dixon, he may be the fan favorite (including my favorite), but in a group based episode him saving Rick was enough for me.
    I couldn't care less about the set pieces and explosion.
    I thought the 3 reunions were awesome, I felt emotion in it.
    Morgan's intro may have been a little cheesy, but I personally was still excited to see him. To say he is a nobody character in my opinion is ridiculous, he saved Rick and is loved by many of the shows fans.

i give it an A+

• Like Like x 1
  13. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Agreed. Also to everyone who said Daryl is the lone wolf type, that scene proved he needs love just like everyone else (whether sexual or familial).

14. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

You know, if I didn't know you were trolling I might just be perturbed. :p lol

15. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I'm surprised that anyone would be calling this episode disappointing. For myself, this was THE best episode I've seen, apart from the series debut (Days Gone Bye). Initially, I suspected I'd be a bit disappointed in this one given all of the hype and anticipation over it, but instead the entire episode rocked. Gimple et al. hit this one right out of the ball park, imo. Amazing.

16. Survivor

Survivor Member

I must have missed it, but where have Morgan been introduced again ???

17. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

You had to watch until the end of the credits. He shows up briefly, reading the "No Sanctuary" sign that Rick improvised.

18. FutureApocalyps

I loved the episode. It was rushed by escaping and destroying Terminus in one episode, but I still enjoyed it. Hopefully this means we will have an exciting season.

Hey, I wish the Hobbit would have been one film. Definitetly no more than two movies maximum.

19. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

20. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

S3 Morgan would not be out looking for people or a Terminus/Sanctuary. He has obviously 'Cleared' to a much greater extent since then.