Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Disappointing Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Tyler, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Joke.

+ Bob was awesome. Well acted. Hate to see him go. Hopefully that famous scene is in the beginning of next week. I thought we'd see it tonight.
    + Loved the Gabriel stuff. His face is funny.
    + Gareth is so creepy!
    + I actually liked Daryl this episode
    + Beth! [I don't care] but it means the plot is moving forward quite fast! [I care]
    + Abraham was awesome.
    + Judith is too cute

/ Mixed feelings on Carl. 'Not everyone can be bad' - He's not wrong. Also, Gabriel has done nothing but help them thus far but I still don't know how I feel about this. I don't want the group to be these complete non-trusting, non-helping savages 24/7, that would get repetitive and quick. I would of disliked the scene with Carl if his second scene didn't come full-circle - 'That doesn't necessarily mean he's bad, but it means something' - he takes Rick's advice and is more cautious and goes all Sherlock Holmes on the church.

- Tyreese. Oh Tyreese. So he thought he killed him? Why not just bash his head in with the hammer. I'm quite disappointed here.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Agree on all but wait was that guy with Ty with Gareth? If so crap. I missed that!

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Holy shit.

Agreed. While I'm not quite sure of the new character direction yet, I think it can work if done correctly. And I did like the emphasis that yes, they can help people and they don't have to be afraid and hide, but it's because they're strong. The strength is important. I think it's him making peace with the two sides of himself-- his ability to do what needs to be done-- it doesn't make him a monster. Just strong. And he does have his beretta up in the next episode promo, so we can assume he does still do strong right.

And with Gabriel, he's optimistic. But after that talk with rick, it's more "cautiously optimistic." Which is good.

agreed wholeheartedly. Tyreese went full dale. Never go full dale. Im not even sure I trust what chad was saying on talking dead. Thought he was dead? So, destroy the brain so he doesn't reanimate and try to eat you! There are TWO options for tyreese-- either he's a pacifist, which is retarded, or he's incompetent, which is retarded-ed. Don't like it. Season 5 has been awesome so far, and most characters have improved already (shit, I even really liked Tara all the sudden. Lol) but tyreese has done a nose dive in my book. No, scratch that. He's gone into a catastrophic flatspin with both engines stalled and is plummeting towards the ground.

4. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

When Bob first wakes up you can catch a glimpse of his face.

I got excited.

5. sam12six

sam12six Member

Good one...

I was going to post that this episode was infinitely better than the season opener.

6. Lucky

Lucky Member

It didn't match the intensity of the premiere, but I did enjoy this one. It Gabriel is going to be a part of the cast, I think this did a good job of introducing him and setting up some mystery with him. The ending, with Bob's unfortunate dilemma and Daryl and Carol going after the car was all good. I'm excited for next week's. This did feel more like a set-up episode, but sometimes those are necessary.

7. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Great followup to season premiere. Character development. New character ! Multiple story lines . Very creepy w/ finding Fr. Gabriel trapped on a rock, church with subliminal messages / religious subtext, Carol hesitant about re-integrating, walkers in the food bank ( YUK ! ), practically another cliffhanger with Bob and Hunters and then the 'break-a-leg' kodak moment.