Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discuss 1120

Discussion in 'Episode 1120 - What's Been Lost' started by BlackBird, Oct 24, 2022.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

8/10

It was a decent enough episode but I enjoyed the last two more.

The ‘breaking out of the CW with Lance’ was the more interesting story line for me. Liked the nuances of Lance trying to figure out his chances of survival here, the banter with Carol, and much as he had to go and Carol was a total badass taking him out, I almost felt it was too soon. But with Pamela still left to dispose, and only four episodes before the end, at least one of them had to go in this episode so it was Lance’s turn, and it was done well enough. The coin in Sebastian’s head was brilliant.
    And always nice to see Carol and Daryl working together as a well oiled team.

Despite it being somewhat unrealistic that Pamela should spare Yumiko from the fate of all the others in TF, maybe it was the indicator of how unhinged Pamela has become as well, wanting to revel in her power over Yumiko, feeling overconfident in her position. But it was a ridiculous thing to do, underestimating Team Family Bond and Yumiko, and it backfired spectacularly. I liked how Yumiko carried herself in the final scene.

Points were taken for the continued ludicrous setup of the Commonwealth. It is also unbelievable that they didn’t just imprison/prosecute or kill all of TF but send them to some prison camp? I guess we will see the advantages of that story line in the next episode. So much needs to happen in this last four, I hope they won’t overcomplicate things next week. Quick regrouping, takeover of prison camp, return to CW with freed prisoners to lead the revolution/removal of Pamela… then can we please focus on our TF finding some well earned peace at last and finding out about Rick?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I'm watching, but I'm struggling to care. This episode was so dark that I noticed my monitor was filthy...and so I cleaned it, during the episode. Turned it off (I still had the sound, but I was only really listening in case some noise or word meant I might want to check in on the visual). It's a shame, I used to love this show. The Commonwealth never appealed to me - it became a politics/police procedural with Zombie Moment of the Week. Only Carol keeps me watching.

I did not understand the coin in the head? It's quite possible my attention wandered when that was set up.

Pamela made a point of threatening Yukimo's brother, I thought, which Y then offset in that twist ending? But as I said, I wasn't glued to it so I may have misunderstood much of it :)

3. BlackBird

A pretty accurate description. It’s beyond ridiculous and I wish it didn’t exist in this universe. It shouldn’t.

Tossing that damn coin was Lance’s thing, being ever so cavalier about who lives and dies, determined by the fall of the coin. Pamela took this coin from him in jail and tossed it herself to determine Lance’s fate: being kept alive to serve Sebastian. So it was Lance’s way to get back at Pam by placing the coin in the smashed brains of his beloved monster of a son.

That’s correct. It was a genius move on Yumiko’s part to save her brother from Pamela’s wrath.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I just rewatched some of it over lunch, & was reminded of the exact point I decided I might as well clean the monitor - Hornsby's line "After a series of cave ins, it was considered unstable". That'd be fine as a bit of padding for a guide book or something, but no actual person says that as a sentence, in any circumstances let alone those he & Carol were in.

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well things are moving along. I love the fact that Carol and Daryl are better than the best CW military and secret service members put together. Busting Lance out of that cell and then finally giving him what he deserved, right in the neck before he even knew what hit him, was satisfying. I hate to be blood thirsty but they did give him a chance and he blew it.

Pamela got blindsided in a different way when Yumiko turned the tables on her and announced that she would defend rather than prosecute Eugene. She also got positive attention for her brother which would make it harder for him to disappear. Brilliant! Her law school education wasn’t wasted. Never underestimate TF.

I’d like to know where they’re transporting TF, how they’ll be rescued or free themselves, and what part will Connie play as she’s still free as far as we know. What will Max be up to or her brother for that matter since she dressed him down. How does this go down? Time is running out and there seems to be so many loose ends that need to be tied up.

#5 purriwinkle, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the episodes, but from what you're saying here along with where the last third of the season was left off, I think they would've been best served tying up most of the Commonwealth nonsense in the first couple of episodes and then work on the main cast rebuilding their lives, or going off in different directions. If I'm reading this right most of the cast is captured? And being transported someplace like the colonies on Handmaid's Tale? lol

This all makes me want to see it even less. It's too much really. They could've thrown in some other small conflict at the end if they wanted, but like you said they should be tying things up.

7. BlackBird

I couldn’t agree more that the CW bullshit should have been already wound up, and the remaining precious time should be spent on seeing what is next for our characters, parting with them at a time when they’re finally safe an settled.

I’m already an episode ahead so I know a bit more about the outpost and there is a twist in there we didn’t see coming. Still huge amount to resolve before the end. However, we are getting precious character moments too. Nowhere near enough but at least they’re coming.

• Like Like x 2
  8. purriwinkle

I’m not an episode ahead, lol, but yeah, they’re hooded and being transported somewhere. Apparently gonna be a twist in there @BlackBird tells us. Can’t wait to see what it is.

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm curious, have they begun to plant seeds yet where you could see the spinoff characters going off in those directions? It sounds lame too that you have all of these battle tested people who survived the Whisperers just taken by those Commonwealth clowns.

• Like Like x 1
  10. purriwinkle

I’d have to look at that last scene again, but it could be the children are not on the bus with the adults but headed for another location. With Lance dead and unable to provide more information it might be a set up for our characters to start looking for the kids. I’m not sure what happened to Negan’s wife but being pregnant they may have sent her off with the kids or maybe she dies which could explain why he’s off with Maggie instead of his own family. I hope not though cause she’s been a good influence on him.

It is kinda lame that so many TF members were snatched when we know they’re all seasoned fighters. Connie got away but maybe she got lucky or saw them coming and protected herself like Carol did. I forget exactly what she told Yumiko about it. It looked like CW secret service were sneaking up on TF members who may not have had any weapons on them or were in unguarded moments like Zeke. We saw them injecting something into our characters to keep them sedated while transporting them so maybe if they jumped them from behind and disabled them with an injection that would explain how they were captured.

#10 purriwinkle, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  11. BlackBird

May I just add here that it’s one thing to capture our folk, with guns and sedatives.

Another thing is to keep our people captured.

I'm telling ya, Team Family won’t disappoint.

• Like Like x 1
  12. purriwinkle

I wouldn’t expect them to. We know what TF Is capable of and the CW is about to find out, I imagine. Viewers just need to remember what Rick said at Terminus:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1