Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 20: All Out War - Part 1' started by Tony Davis, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

So, a lot happened...
    Dwight picked a side, Heath has one leg, Maggie is back, and Rick passed out??

2. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Yeah, wtf is that?

Was it from panick/shock from everything that's going on, his home being crushed and all that... he was seemingly okay before he collapsed.

- Maggie is nearing to my top ten list, some really nice stuff from her

- The Dwight stuff was cool and there's definitely more to it.

- Probably in the minority but I didn't like that Jesus catching the grenade in mid-air and throwing it back.

- Denise is burning up, ready to turn?

- Glad Heath survived, but this leg injury is just to make us think "Oh, he'll live this war now" no way. I do think this is somewhat a red herring and he will indeed be killed

- That guy Negan was talking to, Travis? Was that his name? Their convo kinda made me laugh... and then he got shot.

- Negan is getting too arrogant and cocky. Usually people would think that just leads to peoples downfall but I think that makes him more dangerous.

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

maybe a concussion from the grenade blast?

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll find out something unexpected, like a small piece of shrapnel from the grenade is lodged in Rick's neck or something. ;). But more likely it will be explained by exhaustion and stress.

So, Heath is going to need some tender loving care soon, as he will be recovering from a major injury and the loss of Denise, and Aaron will be there for him, and they will grieve together, and a new relationship will bud.

And how are we going to go on without Gary and Davis? Just when I thought Davis was going places...

5. Neuropyramidal

This will make for an interesting episode somewhere around late season 6 ;)

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Even if Heath doesn't want it, he can't run away...

7. Neuropyramidal

And it does appear that they pulled a Mrs. McLeod on us, regarding the third doctor.

8. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

From what I've gathered, after the terrible nature of his first coma and subsequent lack of treatment, I think Rick is sort of prone to comas now, however brief they may be sometimes(like the few days after the prison) it's like a medical history type thing. Dwight really surprised me, I was beginning to question his loyalty. And screw Heath, what the hell are they gonna do about Doc Cloyd??? I think she'll go the way of Allan. As for Alexandria, with the help of the reinspired troops from the hill top I think they can quench the flames, fortify the defense and hold down the fort. Hopefully they'll launch a fast and ferocious counter attack on the Sanctuary while Negan is basking in his perceived victory. Negan's troops seem slightly demoralized, referring to their exodus from Alexandria as a "retreat".

9. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Has anyone noticed that Heath still has two legs on the issue 122 cover?

[​IMG]

10. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Maybe Heath will be the one who kills Negan in revenge for Denise.

11. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Haha, im hoping more season 8 at earliest. :p

12. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i liked the effect of the smoke covering Maggie when Kal was asking her questions , and then the double page with her holding the rifle. as soon as i realized you couldnt see who he was talking to i was like "Maggie!"

glad Dwight finally came thru. but do we know what Jesus did pre ZA? shit man, like Neo with the shit he does.
    and Travis. i was waiting for Negan to kill him for bein such a dimwit. i lol'd at Lucille Two tho lmao.

interesting to see what the deal is with Eugene. maybe The Saviors stumble upon the bullet warehouse?

only complaint. Rick getting all worked up about Carl getting knocked out was unnecessary. but it was a great issue, regardless

13. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

lol. Kirkman you sly devil

14. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

That was a good one. Didn't see Maggje comin' there tbh. That was pretty awesome Maggie is starting to become a badass

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Glad that Maggie's finally becoming a more relevant and competent character. It's taken her long enough, but I suppose she has something to fight for now that Glenn isn't there anymore. Never thought we'd see Maggie leading a group.

Didn't see Heath losing a leg coming. Fully expected Denise to die in this issue. Losing a leg is going to greatly hinder Heath - having both legs is kind of necessary for his character. This could turn out to be a death sentence for him. Although, as someone else pointed out, he's on the cover of #122 with both legs. Maybe they did that to not spoil it, or maybe he's somehow able to find some sort of prosthetic? If he's reduced to hobbling around on crutches he doesn't have much of a chance, but he's featured on the next two covers.

16. MantisTaboganMD

You're not the only one, I just kind of laughed and shook my head at that one.

Regardless, pretty good issue. The Lucille Two made me lul. I just can't completely hate Negan, no sir. Not with that twelve year old humor of his.

17. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I thought he was diving on it for a second, but I knew he was on future covers

18. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that was disappointed in Negan's tactics? I mean, he called for scorched earth and delivered the equivalent of a Bronx snowball fight.
    This may very well be the extent of Negan's battle plan, but color me unimpressed. I was actually thinking that there was more to him than the typical bully/Mafioso mentality, but alas it seems I was mistaken. His best strike is akin to lashing out from the corner. At least The Governor had a tank.

Here's hoping the next villain brings more to the table than an inferiority complex.

19. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I think he was just setting the seeds for something bigger. At least that's what I gathered by the final panel. By throwing tons of grenades and thus creating an insane amount of smoke will also attract an insane amount of walkers, too many for a weakened community to handle, even with support.

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the time tested "It worked didn't it?" applies here. I don't think he's done yet though. He was commenting about getting in on the action right before Maggie showed up. He will probably strike again right away. Plus ASZ is properly screwed atm. Grenades are loud.

[MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] Those cover based safety speculations are starting to scare me! I loved this issue. Dwight finally moved.