Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by Agramer, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

agreed.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Zombie weapons!

Great issue. focused on side characters and furthered the story.

3. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I know I'm probably bringing in a the apocalypse by saying this(no pun intended), but if Jesus had been gay in real life, and was open about it, he would've more than likely been just some guy someone stabbed in the face and there would be no such thing as Christianity. Funny how religion works like that.

I thought the twist of Jesus having a boyfriend(Alex?) was great and goes with his character. I mean, as someone else said, there were no real clues, but I figured he didn't have a girlfriend and was happy with his life.

It's going to be interesting to see how much that separates fans, since Jesus is such a fan favorite and people have always been like AWW YEAH JESUS SO BADASS and now that he's gay they'll be like "......(slowly walk away)" or "WTF JESUS ISNT GAY STUPID KIRKMAN WANTS A STUPID PLOT TWIST" And then there will be the fans that rejoice and actually enjoy the character more now that he has an added dimension and that he, in fact, doesn't mind screwing around when he has time.

Also loved the Dwight and Eugene bits. Eugene owned Dwight about Abe's death and him not killing Negan straight away. To be fair, I can see where Dwight's position is right now, and I genuinely believed his felt bad about not being able to do anything for Holly. Hopefully next issue we'll find out where his true allegiance is once and for all. (or not lol)

And what about Negan's weapon. Day-um. Someone's going to get killed by that thing, I'm guessing Brianna, Olivia, maybe Kal. Trying to think of who could die. Father Gabriel?

Also, Carson is totally NOT working with Dwight and is going to tell Negan of his plans.

4. Mello

Mello Member

Now that I think about it, didn't Jesus and I believe Aaron go out to sneak on the savior's or something and Jesus did this assassin-like flip over a fence and Aaron called him a show off? Maybe he was being a show off for Aaron ehehehehe.

This is probably leading up to Rosita's death. Curious to see how Eugene will handle that if he figures out that Rosita had feelings for him.

#44 Mello, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Carson mentioned a chance to see his brother again if Negan was defeated. I wonder if Harlan Carson is his brother. Its suspicious that Carson just mentioned getting to see his brother again, instead of saying he'd like to see his entire family again. Makes you think he somehow knows his brother is still alive. Maybe they were originally together and Carson ended up siding with Negan somehow.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I noticed Negan use the world 'zombie'. Is it just me, or has it been awhile since that term was used?

7. boba772

boba772 Member

I really liked this issue. I think next issue is going to scare me to death though. xD

8. No1T-DogFan

No1T-DogFan Member

I'm a bit confused about the walker germ warfare. Pretty sure the survivors in the comics have gotten a lot of walker shit on them throughout the comics and none of them have died from it. E.g. Carl probably got some walker germs in his eye when he got shot. Only walker bites have killed the characters in the comics AFAIK.

#48 No1T-DogFan, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  9. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

^That's true, I don't really get how that will work exactly. Zombie guts don't make you turn. It's all in the teeth.

10. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Don't we check for bites and scratches? It seemed he only rubbed Lucille along the mouth area, but I would imagine if your blood mixed with a walkers blood it would be the same as a bite. I am pretty sure Negan already knows if this will work or not, maybe he cut someone with a knife that was used to kill walkers and he turned or he has seen it himself with his bat. Though knowing nothing at all about the illness It could be rendered inert once it leaves the host, is exposed to air, exchanges ions with metal, or even alters its bio-chemistry into a molecular acid.

Most fitting end for me to see Negan face, is to have someone go to strike Negan with Lucille and at the last second, just poke him with a barb and send him on his way. "Don't forget to write!"

Great issue BTW, I can see the last couple of issues of AoW being mind-bending.

11. lewh

lewh Member

That last page had me thinking 'oh sh!t'. How many guys does Negan even have though? Surely not as many as the entire hilltop, kingdom and Alexandria all in one place?
    Also since the cover had Heath with both legs (obviously so people can't predict whats going to happen from the covers being released early), makes me think that image of someone holding Lucille on 126 might not be anyone we have predicted already.

Can't wait for the next issue already! It's going to kill me when they go back to monthly.

12. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

One question for the next issue will be Eugene and company. Did Negan bring them or leave them? If he left them, did Dwight or Carson set them free?

13. ogflatlander

ogflatlander New Member

I took it as when he rubs Lucille in it or other weapons, all they need to do is to break skin to introduce the zombie stuff into their blood. Since he mentioned he no longer has to crush someone's head anymore to kill them.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It wouldn't be out of place for him to have killed them. H usually uses that kind of stuff as bait when he has it.

15. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I am not too sure he is willing to just off Eugene right at the moment. He has much use for that kind of talent, but his compadres may be SOL. So long Tattooed Rosita knock-off, You will be missed (I am assuming)

16. MantisTaboganMD

If they kill these two during this arc, I can only imagine the feels:
    [​IMG]
    They're so cute it makes me vomit.

Edit: Also, to be constructive, I don't see it happening honestly but hopefully it rains to phuck up Negan's "Zombie Warfare" plan. Either way I could potentially see this being the beginning of his demise.

#56 MantisTaboganMD, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  17. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I'm not too worried about Eugene. Aside from his intelligence and abilities making him valuable to Negan, he has really come into his own. I wouldn't underestimate him, he may use those same traits that make him so valuable and find freedom on his own.

I don't trust Carson as far as I could throw him.

18. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

They already killed one of them in the Show and the feels haven't stopped after nearly a year.. i'd die if one of them went in the Comics too.

19. MantisTaboganMD

Yeah, I'm still gutted about that >.<

20. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

Yeah was a way better issue than #121.Glad the whole regroup thing happened...also got quite excited about the that new ''Lucille'' thing...never thought of that,but damn I can imagine how sinister it could be