Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by jwcoombs, Mar 12, 2014.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Awkward ship now.. Don't worry this whole AOW arc is just a heavily veiled Negan redemption arc so they will team up and lead.

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking. The cover of the next issue, has a scene from this issue. Nice way to protect spoilers RK! We all thought Negan would be at Hilltop next issue, but here we are-Neck deep in the last battle one of these groups will have. They are in so deep now, there would truly be no time to return to "Sanctuary" for anything but a last ditch retreat. And that would imply there is no hope for the Saviors.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's gonna get nasty lol. Poor Kal! Quite a few are down already and if those weapons work... Even if Rick lives he's done in this fight.

4. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Pshaw! Daryl kept going after having the same wound. Can't let rick get outdone by Daryl, so we may be in for another hallucination for the Rickster! Let's just hope it is only people long gone and not Merle for no apparent reason. :-D

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Daryl had like one zombie that wimp. This is war buddy. I bet a lot of people died offscreen.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Depending on the infection, you often can not catch a bloodborne pathogen through saliva. Rick's group isn't kissing Negan's weapons, they are getting impaled by them. Its mixing with their blood. This actually isn't a mistake.

7. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

I'm just happy Fake-Rosita lived through the issue.

8. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

im actually surprised weve gone this long without a major death. Holly, Kal, Eric, Shiva, Denise were all second tier characters. someone important is dying soon. im just not sure who. Rick? Michonne? Andrea?

9. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i was a lil pissed at how easily Negan and Dwight were able to sneak up on Rick tho. it took all of 5 minutes and boom, Ricks got a bolt in his hip

10. No1T-DogFan

No1T-DogFan Member

Surely some zombie muck would have gotten in there.

11. vidoxi

vidoxi Member

The arrows being tainted could pretty much go either way. In that panel, where Negan is reminding Dwight about it, it does look like he could be rubbing them on a zombie, but it's angled so that it looks intentionally ambiguous, I guess. I'm betting that it's not tainted and that Rick survives it. If it is tainted though, it would be cool to see Rick scrambling to kill Negan and settle the war before he succumbs.

On the subject of Letter Hacks,
    "Everyone could have died and the book could have followed Negan as he won the war and made the book about him... but that's not where I wanted to go."
    Thanks for crushing my dreams, Kirkman.

12. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Put going by this theory, a tiny bite wouldn't necessarily turn people, so I guess it just depends.

13. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

The way I've always understood it, is that there are no concrete facts about the z pathogen or zombie "venom". So it's really all up in a the air. It is bio-warfare? A terrible accident at some CDC somewhere in the world? The wrath of God, or something else supernatural? Aliens? The thing is, nobody knows anything at all, except that the dead don't die. What works on one person, might not necessarily work on another. An amputation could save one and kill another. Same with a bite, scratch, or exposure to zombie muck. THis all add to the mystery and horror. I kind of liek being in the dark.

14. kennyisalive94

My review- Well done, if not somewhat sloppy issue, but almost like it was sloppy on purpose. I was a little weirded out by Andrea's analogy for Maggie. "Hey you'll find a new Rick to replace your Dale" Like uhhhhhh, Andrea? I mean, I love Andrea, so I'll let that one slide. And poor Maggie, saying she'll die alone. Bless her soul. I don't think it's true though, I think in time she'll be with someone else.

I still don't really trust Dr. Carson- that guy spells maniacal. Maybe he genuinely wants to be with Harlan, and if that's true, I bet that reunion is going to be short lived. That dialogue though- "Hey bro what have you been up to?!" "Oh you know saving lives helping people delivering babies. You?" "Oh, you know, getting irons ready." "Irons?" "You know, for clothes. Gotta keep those faces- I- I mean clothes ironed."

Negan is still funny as hell. Man, the series is going to have a hard time staying just as engaging without his panel stealing wise cracks. A totally new story and group of characters that's temporary might just do the trick.

And about the Dwight situation- Yeah, I'm really starting to agree, why the **** hasn't he killed Negan? Is he that worried about Negan's men? Because that's the only reason, right? Is it because he's not sure he can get Sherry out if he kills Negan, like the Saviors might not let him? And another freaking question- Where is Sherry? Amber and her boyfriend and Dr. Carson escaped with Eugene, and yet Dwight didn't even try to convince her to come with them? Sherry was close friends with Amber, why didn't Amber try? Is Sherry like an extra special wife that has to be locked up in the highest castle tower surrounded by a dragon or something?! That would've been the perfect way, no, no, if he wants to rescue his freaking wife so badly, why didn't he do it then? Escape when the going's good?! It's just too ridiculous. I was following Dwight's character carefully until now, it's like that moment when you watch the last episode of LOST and all of your studying and theories smashes your face and everything turns to mush.

Wondering where Eugene and Rosita #2 are. Also it's nice to see characters like Sophia and Rosita a bit, like I think RK's doing a better job at balancing all of the characters intertwining storylines and not just making some characters nonexistent because they have nothing important to do.

And about that arrow- I don't know. I have a bad feeling. It's just a feeling, but we'll see. Surely not though, surely not. One thing's for sure, if that arrow doesn't work, Dwight's going to have some explaining to do.

15. jwcoombs

You're actually both correct, to an extent. It is true that bloodborne pathogens and viruses typically cannot be spread or contracted through saliva or even direct contact.(E.g. AIDS/HIV) However, in theory a bloodborne virus could be contracted sublingually. One of the most rapid methods of drug administration and absorption into the bloodstream is sublingual ingestion. The sublingual area in your mouth(under the tongue) is densely populated with sensitive blood vessels and capillaries; effectively making it one of the fastest and most direct routes to the bloodstream.

So, I guess if the Gov had gotten some Penny-juice under his tongue, and held it their until it dissolved, he would have been screwed. LOL:zombies_lol:

16. jwcoombs

About that arrow...errr, I mean bolt. Here's a theory..

Maybe Rick getting shot is a blessing in disguise--the fact that the guts have been exposed to the air for sometime before penetrating the human body may mean that in fact whatever virus has caused the outbreak is weakened by being outside of the host zombie (similar to other viruses) - to the point that a healthy human immune system can fight it off and thus gain antibodies. Essentially Negan's plan has led to a form of a vaccine.

Rick goes through a fever during issues 124 and 125, but recovers and finds he is now immune to walker bites (though he could still be devoured by a horde)--leading to a "new world" where there is now a cure that we find may not work for everyone (only some people).
    Then at issue 200--the virus mutates further, and those who had been "immunized" are no longer immune to the newly mutated virus:Grin:

#56 jwcoombs, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's not so much Dwight not having a chance to kill Negan and not have people turn on him as much as it is Dwight wanting Negan gone but not having the guts to do it himself. Negan's intimidated him and he's just too scared to try it.

18. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

This AOW/Negan arc is tired and has gone on far too long. Dwight and Negan are clearly nothing more than a couple of cowardice pu$$ys.... Dwight is still afraid of Negan, and Negan is terrified of Rick. They both need to die soon.

Of course the bolt isn't tainted.... and even if it were, Rick isn't going to die. #128 can't get here soon enough.

19. kennyisalive94

Dwight and Negan are amazing characters and they've been discussed to full length in these threads. I think most people have really enjoyed these issues. You can't please everyone.

20. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

That's a great point. "mucking" weapons should have little to no effect and maybe Negan is grasping at straws (Or RK is suffering from slight memory loss). I wonder if Negan even tested his theory before taking it on the road. I'll take this even further .... I haven't seen a single person wash their hands....EVER. They've gotta be carrying around zombie schmutz and shoving it in their faces every day..