Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by jwcoombs, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Ceidric

Ceidric New Member

First time poster - long time reader.

I just wanted to chime in on my own thoughts about issue #123.

How on earth does
    He is the leader of the Saviors, I find it hard to believe that he got "lost" in the fray with his signature jacket and bat out.

On the Abe comments - A fan favorite, and personally my favorite character, dies so easily and uneventfully. I am not saying that every major characters need a huge ceremonious death, but I mean come on. Looking back now, it seems like this entire AoW arc would not have worked if he was alive - or atleast not taken place over so many issues.

Hopefully, the next 3 issues will redeem this arc a bit.

2. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

As to quote one of my favorite quotes:

"Dwight is goin' down! Like way down--dead down... so down he ain't even gonna know which way is up!

If Dwight doesnt die we RIOT! or something...

i just hate him. Cant we just cut him out of all the comic books that are still in the store?

3. JFLP

JFLP Member

Quote from the end of Letter Hacks:

"Doesn't everyone go to school with some kid who grows out his hair and everybody calls him Jesus?"

I was that kid... Nice to know every school in the world has a Jesus Jr. like me.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, true, but he was saying that tongue-in-cheek, because earlier in the Letter Hacks some idiot told them to stop using words like 'unthinkable'. :p

5. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

DAFUQ KIRKMAN, JUST, DAFUQ Kirkman is trolling so hard right now, Rick will not die, the zombie tactic will largely fail, since the fever is pretty much obvious. If you are close enought to non fatally wound, you are close enough to neck stab.

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

We got 128s cover, too. I posted it in the above forum

7. diagvro

diagvro Member

if the walker blood on weapons actually work, then what about all those who got splattered in zombie blood before? if something happends ill deff stop supporting this comic/series. of course ill still watch it because its the only zombie story on Earth, but thats the only reason.

8. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

Maggie? Dwight? Negan himself? Carl? Eugene? Ezekiel? Sophia? Aaron? Rosita? Jesus? Not as "major" perhaps, but still well-developed and/or prominent characters (or, in Sophia's case, majorly recurring.) Btw, where the f*ck did Jesus go in this issue?! There he was, near front and center in the spread, and then gone, apparently not gunning straight for Negan.... Guess he's flanking the sidelines about to bust out his almighty wrath?

Seriously, and as someone pointed out, shouldn't a Survivor been charged with keeping tabs on enemy #1? At least they know now, and god willing, those guys with guns will tear around that building blasting on the quick.

9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I call her "Fauxsita"

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

None of that is the same as a bite. Assuming the stabbing works then it is nowhere near the same. Stabbing directly into the body and bloodstream is much different than being covered in it. It might not work but if it does it doesn't contradict anything we know. it will screw over Rick's group though.

11. TheColtrain

TheColtrain Member

You make some INSANELY good points. Personally, I believe that bolt could POSSIBLY have been infected. If you haven't seen this yet, Issue #127 states that there is a "new beginning". What better way for the Grimes storyline to end than with Rick's death? It'd be one hell of a statement by Kirkman. Like he has said: Anybody can die. Killing Rick would be the perfect way to establish a new beginning and the theme of everyone being at risk. He has been known to kill off main characters in his other series (some have been killed off recently). There are so many possibilities at this point. I say well done to Kirkman for leaving such an intense cliffhanger.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd say it's likely Rick lives but a major character will be dead in 3 or less issues. It is just going to happen lol. 2 if you don't count Negan. I mean let's face it.

13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I would rather see Negan take a scratch from Lucille and sent on his way... Assuming the Bio-weapons work, that is.

14. TheColtrain

TheColtrain Member

I think we should take a look at all of the injuries and close calls Rick has sustained through these 123 issues...

-Starts out recovering from a coma caused by a bullet to the chest.
    -Almost gets bit in Atlanta.
    -Tackled by a walker in Wiltshire Estates.
    -Numerous calls from Wiltshire to the Farm to the Prison.
    -Falling over the second floor rail in the Prison while fighting Tyreese (not life-threatening, but could have been).
    -Loses his right hand.
    -Shot during the Governor's Attack Pt. 1
    -Illness after Governor's Attack Pt. 2
    -Numerous attempts from the Governor's attacks to the Alexandria Safe Zone and the Saviors.
    -Could have been killed instead of Glenn, considering Glenn was chosen at random.
    -His small fight against Negan where he was overpowered, could have easily been killed then.
    -His failed assassination of Negan, where Savior snipers could have taken him out.
    -The attempts during the beginning of the war.
    -The explosion and attack on the ASZ.
    -Plenty of attempts on Rick by walkers and survivors alike.

Injury count: Two bullets, about ten scenarios that could have ended with his death, one fall off the second floor, one hand chopped off, and many close calls with walkers.

And now this infected arrow. It seems like Rick has very good luck. But after 123 issues, maybe it has run out. I see how Dwight possibly could have not infected that arrow. But, at the same time, isn't that the predictable outcome Kirkman would want us all to think? To get us thinking that Dwight is on Rick's side and shot him in a non-vital area with an uninfected arrow? I feel like the end of this war will lead to Rick's death. Just to show all of the fans that Kirkman can and will kill off the main protagonist.

#74 TheColtrain, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  15. ThunderClap!

ThunderClap! Member

you suck balls

16. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Do I know you?

17. diagvro

diagvro Member

when you cover in it, it gets into your pores (lol), even nose, mouth, eyes... not to mention daily small tears in the skin. if you're in contact with rabies its very dangerous lol---------------------------------------

18. cpump

cpump Member

Dwights defainetly playing both sides cant wait
    to see tht ****er dead lol anyway doubt tht arrow was tainted
    it never showed Dwight to it so id assume not

19. ThunderClap!

ThunderClap! Member

Oh my gosh i am so sorry. i didnt type that, my brother saw me on here and put that without me seeing. -.- i am so sorry cx

20. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

I think the skin would have to be broken in order for someone to become infected. Perhaps the gov. would be OK kissing Penny as long as he had no open sores on his mouth.

Ewwwwww.....