Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by jwcoombs, Mar 12, 2014.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Ok, enough child molestation and open sores. Aeghgah, this has been the most disgusting discussion on these threads so far. Damn you RK. When the next issue coming to answer all of these questions already?!

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Wow, after everything Rick has been through, an arrow to the side seems like a crappy, anti-climactic way to go. I remember reading an interview with Kirkman where he said something along the lines of the better the character, the more gruesome the death he gives them, as a kind of respect. Though I suppose if the arrow is tainted and Rick turns, that could get pretty gruesome...

3. kennyisalive94

An arrow through the stomach is a pretty poetic way to go, all things considered. It won't prohibit him from doing his job...for a little while. And it'll give him a chance to say goodbye to everyone he cares about- Carl, Andrea, Michonne, the survivors that have all looked up to him and will now have to think for themselves.

If this is Rick dying, it could be a very beautiful ending.

4. zguen06

zguen06 New Member

To my mind, there is in this number 123 a panel "proving" that Dwight's disloyalty towards Rick's group is not something we could dubt of (excuse my French, but i do am French and my English kinda sucks). When Negan Lucilles the head of that guy by the end of the issue, we can see Dwight shooting a man in the shoulder whereas he is only a few feet from him. We saw in the past that Dwight is very accurate when he uses his crossbow, so it seems pretty obvious to me that he intends to be credible to Negan's eyes in this assault part and he does what he can to avoid killing, especially Rick because he needs him to end Negan. I guess this excludes the tainted arrow theory.

In my opinion, this arrow is nothing but a cool cliffhanger for that issue. I'm down with the people who say Rick can't die because of a Dwight.

But all this doesn't tell me why Dwight didn't kill Negan when it was just the two of them :zombies_confused:

5. cpump

cpump Member

Im actually leaning towards it being tainted and Rick being
    a goner/: check out 124 cover looks like Rick has a fever

6. zguen06

zguen06 New Member

I hand't seen it. I wouldn't be surprised it's nothing but a troll to make readers think it was actually tainted. But you may be right of course, we'll find this out soon!

7. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Having your liver/pancreas punctured with an arrow would probably give anyone a fever...tainted arrow or not. I'm hoping that the arrow is tainted and that Negan is stupid for believing that the "muck" will infect someone without testing it.

8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Kirkman just commented on the arrows
    The weapons would create an open wound, and getting that material in an open wound and have contact in that way would be bad news. Kissing a zombie, getting stuff on you... not so much. It's more like direct contact with the blood stream. Make sense?

9. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

we find out about Rick next issue
    What's going to happen in the next issue of The Walking Dead ?!
    We learn Rick's final fate.

10. kennyisalive94

So basically, Rick's toast.

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hate to agree with you, but I think Rick's a goner too..

12. kennyisalive94

I think Rick's going to die next issue. RK said that this issue will show his final fate. He's dying. And he's getting killed by my favorite character who didn't even want to kill him. :/

Get your tissues ready guys, it's happening in 6 more days.... If I'm right, it's going to be quite the event, right? Especially for anyone that's been reading the comics since for years now.

I mean, look at Carl and Andrea in 125 and 126, Carl especially. That kid is in a dark place now, and I think we're going to know why.

13. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

You might be reading too much into something Kirkman said. RK loves playing games with us. If Rick's "final fate" is to die then who's to say it's not years from now after the comic arcs are over?

14. Pyramid

Pyramid New Member

Here are my thought on 123 and beyond:

15. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

I can see Rick going out that way. Putting down the ultimate evil to save his son and the others. That is what a true hero does. And Rick is a true hero.