Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by jwcoombs, Mar 26, 2014.

1. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I would still love to know how he evaporated and re-appeared on that roof.

2. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Once again... great issue. I don't believe Rick will left us. He hasn't showed any symptoms like others... That is a great news, but bad news is that they're losing people. Negan thinks they're fuc*ed, mostly because of Rick Motherfu**ing Grimes. This time he might be wrong. Loved the counterattack from the windows.

Eugene is also on the way with his people. They can help them.

Only 2 issues until the end of AOW. I know it's gonna be brilliant.

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

He thunk it.

I don't know. Maybe snuck out while the headlights dimmed his night vision? How they got away from the walkers is beyond me. Mayne a flashback?

4. marsyao

marsyao Member

I would guess the bolt Dwight used to shoot Rick is not poisoned, but I can not get Dwight's motive, on the one hand he betrayed Negan, he killed bunch of Saviors and he saved Eugine, if Negan eventually know any of these, he would be a dead man, on the other hand he shoot Rick, even he did not use a poisonous arrow, still he seriously wounds Rick, Rick does not trust him at the first place, now this action would make thing even worse, I do not think Rick would later thank him for shooting him just because Dwight could have made it much worse.

5. Machete

Machete Active Member

I don't think he shot him with a "tainted" bolt either. You could spin it this way.. If Dwight DIDN'T shoot Rick, Rick might not have left the battle and might have been injured by someone that was using a tainted weapon... At least that is how I think Dwight will spin it to Rick.

All this assumes that Rick survives though... Man, I can't wait for the next comic.

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I ran out right after work to buy this issue because I thought it would contain Rick's "final fate," and I had to read it before I saw any spoilers online. Ahhh! :zombies_censored: I guess I'll have to do the same again in two weeks...and probably two weeks after that...

7. Pyramid

Pyramid New Member

This was the first issue I was willing to pay full price for a digital copy. Read it at 6am this morning.

8. cpump

cpump Member

I think Ricks good he showed no sypmtoms while others were

9. cpump

cpump Member

And Dwight is seriously ****ed Rick is against him now
    and once Negan sees Rivk alive hes done for

10. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

Next comic will be a non violent comic. Just to build up the tension for the grand finale.

So everyone who's still alive today will make it to the finale.

11. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

​CHOMP
    [​IMG]

12. lucille2

lucille2 Member

I agree completely with this.

13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That's the stuff. :) For a smart guy, he missed the point of the phrase "Aim for the head" in the ZA.

But as for Rick...

He's fine, just a punctured kidney unless he is more resistant to infection due to all of his exposure over the years. He was not the last one injured, but is the only one not showing symptoms. If anyone else came into contact with Dwights bolts (Not including Eugene above,) I suspect will also not show any signs of infection.

14. jwcoombs

Yeah. I made that observation in an earlier post in this thread. My example was that Nicholas was injured long after Rick; he was basically already in the house when he sustained his wound. Also, if it weren't for the zombie-venom, Nicholas' wound would be damn near 100% superficial. Literally "just a scratch" like he said; whereas Rick was impaled, the bolt possibly making contact with vital organs, severing blood vessels and exposing them to the pathogen....had the bolt been tainted. Within mere minutes after being slashed across the back while helping Rick in the door, the fever has it's hooks deep within Nicholas. All while Rick has already removed the bolt, stanched the blood flow, cleaned and bandaged the wound; and it back on his feet giving orders.

I know everyone's body responds to the virus differently; but I have a hard time believing that Rick would have built up enough resistance to stave off the infection, but basically just delaying the inevitable. Because if that were the case, anyone still surviving at this point in the ZA would have experienced equal if not more exposure than Rick. So I think we would see a lot more people fighting off the symptoms for a substantial period of time.

All that being said; it pretty much means absolutely squat. LOL The characteristic and behaviors of the Z-Pathogen, or zombie venom, or virus, are totally erratic and convoluted; absolutely nothing is cut-and-dry. Because we saw Jim, Allen, Dale, and Dr. Denise Cloyd survive several days after being infected. They even maintained a halfway vibrant consciousness and physical demeanor for the majority of those final days. But I really dig all the confusion, makes it that much more horrifying. After all, IMO the most skin-crawling fear is fear of the unknown.

15. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That is exactly why I wrote a detailed essay on the way that my Zombieitis acts upon both the living and the dead before preparing my outline and penciling my first panel, Unfortunately, this will also seem beyond understanding by my readers as different methods of exposure will create different effects. The end result will always be the same, but when people who were not bitten begin to reject consumed vegetable proteins for no obvious reason, I expect to be confronted by angry readers who have no idea what is going on. But that is exactly why I wrote up my paper; it is a guide or bible that can be referenced to prevent inconsistencies, but some parts will seem like it unless you have read it (Which no one ever has, as I have made a point to not only create a unique outbreak, but to also keep as many secrets under the hood as I can.)

I would like to think that Kirkman has something very similar after 10 years into his story, just in case he ever needs to hand off writing duties in the future. What we think could be inconsistent, could be right in line with his outline for infection. Maybe people who have rare blood types infect slower, but turn faster after death? Perhaps even some people could have been immune but were killed before reanimating by head shot or torn to shreds by walkers, so we may never know.

The only drawback for me, is that I am never going to be surprised or shocked at anything that is going to happen. I sympathize with Mr. Kirkman, he has spent 10 years slowly churning out issue after issue, and he still knows what is going to happen years down the line. I wonder what he does to entertain himself, since he gets no excitement out of his own story other than a job well done after each issue and anticipating the critics response.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jwcoombs

I swear, you and I would get along famously. By the way, been meaning to tell you nice work on those 7 pages of #2 you got up. Keep 'em coming! LOL

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Likely true, for the most part. We'll need to see a reunion scene with Carson and Cr. Carson, a prolonged scene dealing with the patients with fevers in the infirmary, something with Gregory, maybe another Carl and Sophia discussion, etc. Although its also possible that we'll have more trouble with Eugene's group getting back to Hilltop, since Negan is camped so close. I wouldn't be surprised if we still have a minor skirmish this coming issue, with a death or two.

18. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I suspect many of us would get along famously, what with the similar interests and all, no one here is altogether normal and I like it that way. I am still down with a gathering in GA as Neuropyramidal suggests. Tour the area, meet and greet with some of you guys, camping, maybe a hike along the railroad tracks, I believe there was mention of booze in there somewhere as well.

Thanks for the approval, My job has had me running in circles and took away one of my days off because the other guy found it too hard so they piled it back on me, so free time has been few and far between. One of my friends suggested kickstarting my comic, and that might be a way to go to get out from under the hourly work that keeps me from doing what I really want to do... Making comics. I actually have about 5 titles I would love to see printed, but most of them could not cross over each other as the worlds are too different to merge. But all of them have the potential of being well recognized titles. Right now though I am focused on this despite the lag, and I have another batch of pages in the pipe and on the way soon! This story is outlined probably as far as issue 150 already, so I don't need to worry about running out of ideas any time soon.

But back on topic: What I am most curious about now though, is how the hell does Negan keep avoiding death. I could swear I have seen him no less than 4 times surrounded by people getting riddled with bullets and this is the first time anything other than Lucille has been nicked by a bullet. This dude has some sort of force field covering him, and I am concerned that he is bullet-proof. Rick may have to bite this chump in the throat to make an impact. I hope he winds up regretting not jumping out that window like Carl suggested.

#38 Z-Man, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  19. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

.............no!!!!! Just no!!!!

20. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Anyone else glad to see Nicholas get infected. I've been just waiting for that guy to knocked out of the crowd. We've got quite a few characters that are still alive, you gotta hand it to Kirkman for the zombie guts idea- it provided a means to killing a lot of characters without repeating the prison arc, and that's just what this war needed.

Do we know if Gregory got infected or not? He was talking about how he was having a difficult time walking, I'm probably wrong. But Nicholas can't be the only major death, right?

Lots of loose ends to tie, not much time. I don't think Rick's infected, and that Dwight's a genius who knew exactly what he was doing. We're going to end up with something like Harry Potter where the antagonist assumes everyone is going to give up because their leader is dead.

Also, OMG, how many times is Negan going to just walk through flying bullets while everyone shoots at him and the people beside him get killed. Like, I can understand this happening maybe once, but this has happened like 5 times lol. For sanity's sake, could we make it more realistic lol.