Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by jwcoombs, Mar 26, 2014.

1. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

R.I.P Nicholas You will be missed by all, some, a few, a couple, okay, just me, I will miss you, no one else cares.

2. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I'm totally down for a walkingdeadforums.com convention! That would be really cool.

Back to the matter at hand, I've been pulling my hair out wondering the same thing about Negan. Somehow, Negan finds himself deep in the thick of every-single battle. Leading all the advances, as well as the retreats with high velocity rounds ricocheting off his boot heels. Yet each time, he gets away clean, perfectly uninjured. Why is it, that out of all of Rick's riflemen, not a single one, especially Andrea, is ever even attempting to sight-in public enemy number-freaking-one! You would think this would be the most important part of their battle doctrine. Cut-off the serpents head; and the body writhes and withers.

At the same time, I almost like the mysticism of Negan being "untouchable". Because it goes even further to confirm my whole "Carl Grimes prohecy-fulfillment" theory. I'm sure you've seen me carry-on about it before. LOL How Carl has been pre-destined since the beginning to bring Negan down. Rick's a badass, but he's a man of different times, another realm. Carl is a son of the apocalypse, birthed from the same desolate hostility that molded Negan's post-plague self. Not only will Carl be the one to end Negan's reign, but he's the only one who can. Whether they like it or not, they share a common-bond. It takes a post-apocalyptic hero to slay a post-apocalyptic evil. Carl will have to harness the power of his potential sociopathic self in order to put and end to the tyranny. Embracing the very side of himself that Rick fought so hard to quell. I just hope Rick's "good people doing bad things" talk sunk in.

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Maybe he will introduce Negan to a dose of what Rick gave the bandits in the book? I too see him rising to something better in this arc, and feel this was heavily foreshadowed when Negan took him hostage - He needs this to evolve further, so Rick is not nearly as important to victory as Negan assumes.

4. jwcoombs

No, Gregory isn't infected; although I wish he was. He's just a world class freaking whiner! Always trying to make his circumstances out to be sooo much worse than everyone else's. Remember when he whined and cried incessantly about how he had to walk all the way back to the Hilltop on his own two feet? Poor baby.

His most recent remark(the one you're referring to) was to Rick. While the at the door to the main house, right after Nicholas gets slashed, and Carl takes out the Savior about to stab Rick, Carl orders a clearly pissing-his-pants-with-fear Gregory to help him with his father, as Carl cannot carry him alone. As Gregory gets Rick's arm around his shoulder, and begins to help Carl get him inside, Rick winces in pain at the bolt that is still impaling his abdomen, and struggles a little to get himself safely into the house. Gregory responds to Rick's pain with the remark--"Nothing to be ashamed of. I had a hard time making it back to the house as well."

Yeah right Gregory! Like you were ever even outside the house in the first place. Hah.

Unlike Carl; you can always be certain that Gregory's punk-ass is in the house! LOL

#44 jwcoombs, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'd definitely do it, as soon as I get a straight week free with no other obligations. ;). And like I offered, I won't necessarily pay for a room for each person that shows up, but i'd pay for, say, 3 rooms for 2 or 3 nights each, and we could pack as many people into 3 motel rooms as we see fit. ;). And I'd buy the first round of drinks for our barhopping. ;)>

As for Nicholas, I wonder if Paula and Mikey will now go the way of Jessie and Ron, or will they fair better on their own?? ;)

6. Neuropyramidal

Maybe he was lying, but I actually got the sense he was referring to the time he was stabbed, a couple dozen issues ago. I thought he was being self-centered by bringing up his own wound incident from weeks earlier, while other people were wounded now. Not sure.

7. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Hit me up for that lol. I've never been on a plane by myself- or more than 50 miles away from the house by myself. Other than those, uh, tidbits, count me in lol!

8. MantisTaboganMD

Just gonna leave this here...
    [​IMG]

9. lewh

lewh Member

I've been thinking this too, especially in the most recent issue when them headlights turn on, surely most of the people in the windows would aim for Negan first, even if they hadn't been told to take him out first i'm sure most of them would at least try and hit the leader first - i know i would. However, it would kinda make it lame if some randomer managed to kill Negan in the middle of a battle it'd be over just like that and not good storytelling.

And about your last paragraph, just wow man. Really well said. Couldn't agree more.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Kind of off-topic, but I always find myself wondering how the issues I'm reading now will adapt to the TV. We got basically issues 1-6 for season 1, 7-12 for season 2, and then 12-49 for season 3 and first half season 4. Makes me wonder if they will fly through the ASZ stuff like the prison.

11. Something2Fear

This issue felt kinda underwhelming IMO. Rick survived (not big surprise) and Negan somehow managed to not get shot by numerous snipers before retreating into the wilderness to eat roasted marshmallows with Dwight. Alrighty then.
    I've been wondering that as well. If you think about, they're basically almost at Alexandria, which is a pivotal location in the three volumes containing the Negan arcs. It all depends on how much they wish to focus on Douglas-ruled Alexandria.

12. jwcoombs

That's something I find myself pondering about quite often as well. The comic is very fast-paced, but that doesn't mean the show has to be. I think with Gimple at the wheel now, we're going to see things get a little more drawn-out and detailed. At-least I hope. LOL

13. kennyisalive94

I think in Season 4 they found a good balance with adapting from the comics. Season 3 I don't even know WHAT they adapted, because it sure wasn't much from the comics lol. S4 has kinda gone back to the roots of taking this and that but changing this and that, more like Season 1 but not as much because the first season was like a copy and paste of the comics and that would've gotten old fast LOL. That's the fatal flaw of the film Watchmen- if you adapt it panel to panel, what's the point?

14. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Because most people can't be bothered to read. Honestly if they adapted Watchmen frame for frame I would have loved that movie even more. Still most people wouldn't have cared because they didn't know the source material at all. I personally feel that if you do an origin or "faithful" telling of an actual story arc, like Spiderman's origin. After that, you can go and do whatever you want with the character because you've built the foundation. As for TWD, Season 4 is probably as good as it is because they went back to being close to the source without trampling all over it as previous seasons did.

15. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I rather prefered the movie ending to the graphic novel. It made more sense to me that Ozymandias would use his outlandish intellect to manipulate existing elements as opposed to creating a quasi-Cthulhuesque genetic abomination. Besides, Non-readers never noticed the difference, and readers were surprised by the change. What I feel truly harmed Watchmen was the rating that prevented families from enjoying it... Those that were not foolish enough to bring their Kids, that is.

16. kennyisalive94

My mom told me it was apple juice.

17. kennyisalive94

I also think another tidbit that proves Rick isn't infected is his look of surprise when he's told he's turning.

18. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

LOL, the tainted weapon thing is GHEY!

They have had walker guts all over their faces and gaping wounds from gun battles and killed walkers with walker goo splattering all over them.

I don't think ANY of them will turn. Poke around dead person goo with an arrow and then stick someone with that arrow the chances are they will get an infection, fever, maybe even sepsis and death or maybe they will live if they get antibiotics

Walker blood does not cause it or they'd all be zombies by now. I can't believe so many people fell for this lame tainted weapon bullshyt!

19. clarky241

clarky241 Member

I can't remember or not, but are we really sure Dwight contaminated his arrows? Oops, sorry Dwight, bolts. Unless he really is "playing both sides" as Eugene suggested, I wouldn't have thought he would. Perhaps he faked it by covering the bolts in human blood? His own, even? I can't remember if there was a panel that specifically showed Dwight contaminating his weapon in the previous issues. That would explain why Rick didn't get infected.

Or maybe the residue fell off/disintegrated mid-flight. I mean, those bolts travel pretty damn fast when fired.

20. Neuropyramidal

In that case Rick will just get syphilis, and probably hepatitis C. He may also come down with a lisp when trying to make 'sh' sounds.