Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 1: Days Gone Bye' started by fruitfulandgay, Apr 6, 2014.

1. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

The world we knew is gone. The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months society has crumbled. No government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Plus there was a tank with a birdie on it!!!

3. fruitfulandgay

A raven perhaps. This is going to be difficult. I watched the first two seasons of the walking dead before I read the comics. Its hard not to compare and contrast, but after rereading the first volume, my biggest observation is the fast pace of the comics. Again though, that's just slag, based upon viewing, before reading. For those of you who read the comics first, did you feel that the character developement was adequate in the beginning, or did it take you a while to become involved?

4. fruitfulandgay

A new avatar for you [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION]. A lady showed up at our bar a few days ago with these two fine specimens of birdhood. We took a lot of pics. Here is one of my coworkers sporting a brand new kind of accessory

5. Neuropyramidal

Yep, and there is a reason the pace was fast. ;). When Kirkman started the comics, he wanted to get as much of the story told as soon as possible, because he wasn't sure if it would be cancelled at any moment. That's why Shane died so soon. I also read the comics afterwards, and it took me 10 or 15 issues to like them. Before that, I thought it was silly that I was reading them. ;)

6. Neuropyramidal

Those are 3 of the sexiest specimens on this continent. Is the one in the middle single? And if not, what's the story with the one on the right?

7. Neuropyramidal

I think [MENTION=8031]Jen7[/MENTION] had a productive comic day. Perhaps she will be here to share her mountainous insight soon....

8. fruitfulandgay

Chelsea has a boyfriend. If you can oneup his skateboard skills, you might be in

9. Neuropyramidal

Skateboarding......sounds like a dangerous hobby.....maybe he'll have an.....accident....

10. fruitfulandgay

its always a pssibility.

11. fruitfulandgay

No one else showed. Kinda sad

12. Neuropyramidal

They will. In due time. I'm sure they are embarrassed about showing up without having finished their homework...

Another thing...the 'native American' look that half of the characters have will soon disappear, in about one more issue, when Charlie Adlard takes over for Tony Moore...

13. Caryl

Caryl Member

Damn! I was thinking 9 my time. I had a blonde moment about time zones, lol!! Oops! GoT is on at 6 too but I can record it or watch it when it airs at 9 next week.

14. Caryl

Caryl Member

Good because I think all the white characters look alike. Esp the white men. Sometimes I can't tell between Rick and Dale. Is that weird?

15. Neuropyramidal

I can't tell Donna from Carl.

16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I've been a naughty boy and read a little farther ahead than the first volume. My compendium arrived, so I haven't wanted to put it down. :zombies_lol:

17. BatmansHooker

I went through the sign-up thread and jotted down the usernames of everyone who said yes to this. I'll mention them all in a second and we'll get some more discussion going. :)

18. BatmansHooker

#18 BatmansHooker, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  19. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

The first issue of the comics is extremely similar to the first episode of the TV series. I started watching the TV show first as well, so it kind of is difficult to make a comparison. But the differences between characters in the comics and show is so interesting. For example, Shane's TV character is so much more complex.

BTW, [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION], you can add me to the list.

20. BatmansHooker