Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by jwcoombs, Apr 9, 2014.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh man...
    Discuss!

#1 jwcoombs, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Hold me I'm scared

3. jwcoombs

Just remember; no matter what happens, we still have each other! :p

Did you end up reading the spoiler?? I did...

4. Dead

Dead Member

5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

That was supposedly one of the mucked up knives that Rick used, so we might be seeing walker Negan

6. Governor

Governor Member

7. jwcoombs

So the spoilers were true! And like [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] said; Rick was using a tainted knife--that could prove interesting!

I love how Rick "slid his d*ck down Negan's throat; and made him thank him for it", right before sentencing him to his only possibly fate. Come on, did Negan really think Rick was going to share a home with him? After all he's done? Ha! Of course Rick plans to fully cooperate with Negan's people, and combine resources with the Sanctuary; but he's going to do it without Negan, under his own reign.

8. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Wait for me guys...I switched to getting my comics from Comixology to directly from image and they release at 12 pdt..ugh.

9. Governor

Governor Member

Rick kept his promise, in other words.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I still don't think Rick is out of the woods yet. He could still be killed by a Savior or even being infected(there are enough hints that it wouldn't be out of the question)

11. jwcoombs

Yeah, I'm not sure Rick is in the clear yet either. There was some pretty apparent foreshadowing to this moment all the way back in #100; when Rick first made his promise to Negan, that he would eventually kill him.

Negan responds with this--
    [​IMG]

Looking back now; that's a rather specific statement Negan makes; "Stand-up and put a knife in my throat...."--Well, it appears that Rick has now, finally, made good on his promise, took Negan's advice and put a knife in his throat. But will Rick suffer the consequences of a brutal Savior retaliation as Negan promised some 25 issues ago?

@Governor

#11 jwcoombs, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  12. Jagerdu

Jagerdu Member

F*ck, Negan was my favorite character! I think The Walking Dead has an act for killing off my favorite characters, first starting with TV show Philip. I honestly thought Negan was trolling Rick and was gonna pull something to attack him in some way. Not only was I expecting it, but I was hoping it. Well, I still have hope for TV show Negan and the third Mega Villain of the comics.

13. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

right before the last panel i was thinking this is gonna end up being a dedicated ruse by Rick. i almost had to laugh at the puppy dog look he had in his eyes while gushing about the great new world they could have.

i think the full page of Rick, Carl and Andrea hugging is a pretty big red flag. no telling where itll go from here but if Rick does make it out of All Out War itll be a miracle.

14. jwcoombs

Also, I wanted to mention that I really like how Rick comforted an uncharacteristically scared and distraught Andrea by demanding her to "say it..", to "say the words.."--"We don't die.". Encouraging her to believe it; as if it's now become their mantra, a chant or battle-prayer of sorts.

On top of that, I thought Carl's extremely confident remark of "Dad's fine. Got it?"--to Andrea was awesome. Shows just h ow far he's come. Speaking of Carl's development--man he really has come far in this arc. Sort of rounded a corner, or started a new chapter. Rick has apparently succeeded in instilling great strength and values in his son; allowing the son to harness even greater power and capability than the father. Carl's becoming a great man; who will do even grater things. It's never been more evident than in his advice and condolences to Mikey just after Nicholas' death.--"Someone is going to tell you to get used to this. That feeling of being scared and sad. They're going to say it'll be better when you learn to ignore it. Don't listen to them. Hold onto it, remember it...don't let yourself forget. It's too easy to lose. I'm sorry your dad died."--Man! That's some profound and powerful stuff right there; I don't think we need to worry about young Carl anymore!

Lastly; I feel I absolutely have to comment on the shear awesomeness of this group hug!--WALKING DEAD POWERS; ACTIVATE!
    [​IMG]

15. Sco

Sco Member

"F**k. F**k. F**k. F**k."

That's how I feel waiting two weeks now..... great issue!

16. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Ok 2 things. First, Was Negan being sarcastic? I can't see why Rick did what he did if Negan was being straight up. My heart actually jumped seeing the last panel. Second, any bets Rick cut him with an infected blade?

Getting back to looking at the thread, I think Rick cut Negan to prove a point. The Saviors have heard that Negan agreed with Rick. So if they're not as crazy as they seem, then they should probably fall in line with Rick & Co. I guess Rick is the king of the Kingdom now.

#16 MrSmith317, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  17. Ricktatorship80

After all that Negan has done & the people he's killed, there's no way Rick can let him live. Rick did the right thing. I just hope Rick makes it out of there.

18. filthyastronaut

Wouldn't that be amazing? All of us taking a nice breather after all of that bolt business and then Rick getting shot full of holes within the first few pages? I don't think he's infected, but that would be the ultimate, untoppable troll.

19. jwcoombs

All hail King Rick;long live the King! In all seriousness though, Negan was not being sarcastic, he was having a genuine epiphany. He was experiencing a humbling and slightly embarrassing moment. Negan couldn't believe it, finally realizing how foolish he had been, all of the things they could accomplish while united, and he could still sit the throne, albeit with Rick, but he wouldn't need to lose any of the luxuries he had allowed himself. The moment of clarity allowed him to see all the possibilities, the safe zones, the farms, the factories, passable roads, sustainable food and energy; it was limitless. Rick had finally succeeded in casting his spell of a brighter tomorrow; shown him the error of his ways through diplomacy. Proving that he was, in fact, the better man with the better plan all along. That's what made it all the more poetic when Rick slit his throat. It was a final show of strength and resolve. One final show of force to ensure that the Saviors, after watching their fearless leader concede, and accept Rick's ideals, and begin to truly consider making peace, wouldn't attempt to retaliate. It was also to show Negan, and everyone watching these events unfold, that he is a man of great resolve, a man not to be trifled with, and most importantly a man of his word. He made a promise to Negan the night he killed Glenn; and he kept it. Although I feel Rick was truly happy that Negan finally saw things his way, that he was finally looking through his own stubborn greed and seeing the bright future Rick had envisioned, it was pivotal that he made it abundantly clear that Negan's past crimes would not be tolerated, and most of all would not go unpunished. He made him answer for the things he had done, right there in front of all the people he had done them to; he made it clear to Negan, and everyone in attendance, that anyone who thought they could commit similar inhumane indignities and continue to live in peace and not be held accountable would suffer the same fate.

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It's hard for me to believe that someone like Negan could completely change after just a few words, and after he JUST threatened Rick to kill someone again. He even said the Glenn incident was "neat" once he got started. Then all of a sudden he's agreeing with Rick? I don't know. The ONLY part that made it seem at all genuine was when he talked about creating a safe roadway, etc. It made me think he was actually putting genuine thought into it.

Either way, he needed to go :)