Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by jwcoombs, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Yup. That too. Again, normally I would chalk this up to "comic book" storytelling. But the thing I've always loved about TWD is the realism. The fact that the choices of a given character always seem in-line with what that kind of person would really do. I just can't see a guy like Negan giving Rick as many chances as he did. I definitely don't see him having a sane conversation (even if it was a rouse) with Rick like he did in 125.

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Well, there is only one more issue left, and I am willing to bet all the pork in my smokehouse that we have a more complete picture of who Negan truly is after it. He will be gone, that much is certain, I believe we saw that happen in this issue. He may break down and spill his guts like all bullies do when throttled like that, or concede that he was outmaneuvered by a superior tactician. Either way, I stand firm that this last issue will finally fill in the holes in Negan's story...

I bet he is an alien who can create illusions and projects a telekinetic field around him that deflects bullets (but not knives.)

3. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Still too soon in the story for aliens. Rick is not ready for that yet.

4. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

Rick is an Alien. Just read the last page of comic #75

5. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Rick has got to be fine. Why else would he have his little epiphany about Dwight being on their side? He definitely wouldn't be all "woo hoo Dwights a good guy" if he was infected by the bolt. So that leads me to be believe he legitimately is okay. That being said; Rick can still fall victim to the consequences Negan foreshadowed back in 100; but maybe with Negan out of the way the Saviors will see the light as well. Either way, this new twist of events has me hoping Dwight survives this whole mess; as well as the Brothers Carson. I'm not that crazy about the characters themselves; but I'm hoping they can be the ones to give a little more insight as to the origins of the Saviors, and their original split from Hilltop. I hope we can get some info on that before AOW ends. Because I'm very interested in the "history" between Negan and Dwight(That Negan hinted toward; and I think it's more than just Sherry). I also want to know more details about the Saviors forming within the walls of the Hilltop, as a sort of security force, but grew so strong and large in numbers that they broke off from the Hilltop and started their protection racquet. I've just got so many questions, why did people join Negan to begin with? If people like Carson hate him, why did they leave with him? Same goes for Dwight, somethings going on there. I would love to one day see a short run of special issues chronicling the division within Hilltop, and Negan's rise to power.--Would be an awesome way to keep his character around a while after his official death.

6. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. If he was infected, how would Rick act? Would he just say in bed, waiting to die, letting everybody become depressed?
    No, he'd fight through it as much as he could, say he was fine, and put himself at risk to take one final shot at Neegan.

7. TheGreatOnion

Yeah, they got me with that as well. I thought Neegan was about smash him with that bat. One of the most suspenseful comic scenes yet. It had a feeling to it like right before Hershel's beheading on the show.

I also think Rick is in big danger right now. He's out in the open, surrounded by Saviors. Yeah, he's got his people out there, but can they get to him before the Saviors kill him.

8. TheGreatOnion

I think the Saviors that are out there with them will attack. They have to fear that Rick and the crew will kill them as well. They may also realize that Dwight betrayed them and kill him. I think next issue, either Rick or Dwight dies.

9. Cash Cow

Cash Cow Member

The final scene is similar to when Rick killed Shane in the TV series

10. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Besides the Saviors, there's still Negan to worry about. The way that last panel is drawn, it looks like Rick gave him a mere flesh wound.

11. oletorro

oletorro Member

I thought Negan was going to kill Rick with Lucille. Reminded me so much of how Rick tried to knock some sense into Gov in the show, but to no avail. It would have been a crazy ending scene. Negan driving Lucille into Rick's skull, splitting it in 2.

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I was literally just about to say that exact thing. There was an epiphany. A peaceful conversation. It looks like peace is being made. And then... KNIFE TO THE THROAT, BITCH!!!

I do think, however, that Rick is still very much in danger. When I read the spoiler and it was like, "Rick slits Negan's throat" or something like that, I was like, "well, shit..." But actually seeing the panel, I'm not so sure. Negan is definitely dying... But it wasn't the dead-in-30-seconds kind of thing I figured it would be. I think negan will still have a bit of fight in him. I'm worried that he could grab the knife and turn it on Rick, gov v Milton style. And even if he doesn't, Rick is in the open, with no cover, and negan still has an army of batshit insane followers. Will they suddenly disband? Cut the head off the snake and the body dies sort of thing? Or will they attack?

All I know is, I thought the wait for THIS issue was tough. This wait is gonna be brutal.

13. Something2Fear

Man, those last few pages had my heart racing. I knew something was gonna happen but I wasn't expecting that, haha. I thought Negan and Rick were genuinely making an agreement and Jesus' crew was going to ruin it by attacking.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but I loved the similarity between Rick talking down Negan before slicing him and when Rick did the same to Shane in the show. EDIT: Oh haha wow post right above mine.

I was scared for Dwight when Rick was getting ready to reveal himself to Negan. I'm glad its pretty much confirmed Dwight sided himself with Rick.

Is it April 23rd yet? Andrea please don't die. :(

#73 Something2Fear, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  14. Something2Fear

I don't think we'll ever know for sure, really. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance he was serious or was just being sarcastic. Which makes me wonder, if he WAS being sarcastic what would he have done if Rick hadn't pulled a fast one on him.

15. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

So did Rick slit his throat or stab him elsewhere?

16. Ricktatorship80

He slit his throat with the tainted knife that Michonne & Jesus found.

17. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It was just a scratch on the neck, but the blade was one of Negan's own bio weapons (There was crud on the blade, at least far more than that minor scratch would have caused) The problem here, is now there is time before he falls ill and changes. If I were Rick, I would have done exactly what TV Rick did to shane; Right up under the ribcage. He was so close to Negan that he would not have seen it coming. The big "What" for me now is; what will happen to Rick now? He is in no position to defend himself against retaliation, and even his backup could not respond in time to save him from the alpha strike. This was a risky suicide mission for Rick, and I think he knew it by his farewells to Carl and Andrea. He may very well live, but he does not think he will. I believe that his plan ended with him doing what he already did, anything beyond that is gravy.

It is not helping any that I feel the figure holding lucille on 126 is Carl either. There was enough foreshadowing in this issue alone to let me feel comfortable with my prediction, and there are few situations that would bring the bat to Carl for the end save for the death of his father. Hold on! This next issue will be a hell of a ride in any case.

18. Psy

Psy Member

:/

Im gonna miss Negan

my favorit socio/psychopath ever

19. KillTheGov

KillTheGov Member

Looks like Negan is dead but I don't think so

20. Something2Fear

I'm pretty sure he'll be dead by the end of 126.
    RIP Negan our savior 2012-2014

#80 Something2Fear, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014